CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another week, another RAW...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Another week, another RAW... Empty
PostSubject: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:44 am

Sooo...thoughts on the post-Extreme RAW?

Seems like you've got the tag belts on the money, DS. I still say that I'd rather have the tag belts being powerful enough to stand on their own but anything that gets in them into the picture has to be good.

Although beating Lawler seems a bit cheap I'm happy to see Bryan take on Punk. It's got fab match written all over it. Kane v Khali, mind...

And finally Brock and Cena....So much for Cena taking some time off after his last match. It also now adds to the line of film star, MMA star and now GM for Cena. Another opponent that has to have somebody fight for him (and so much for Albert's new image...same old, same old). You know I didn't like Lesnar coming so soon after The Rock. So this doesn't fill me with joy either.

Not sure what's going on with Lesnar and Trips. It seemed like a bit of a punt to give Lesnar back his danger after losing to Cena. If DS' booking was right for Cena/Lesnar, these bits just don't seem to fit, for me at least. Is Trips going to come back with a pot?

It does make me smile that it's wrestling logic again. GM goes crazy and two wrestlers batter people, including the CEO. In most companies that would just mean Trips firing Brock and the GM next week...ah, the WWE!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

It would seem (at this point, though it is speculation and could be different than was thought) that this was done as a way to explain their sudden write-off of Brock Lesnar from the company.

From what's being said, after Extreme Rules, he threw a MASSIVE tantrum and trashed the backstage area and took his real anger out on several officials backstage after he was FURIOUS that John Cena no-selled his match with his promo, and was not carried out on a stretcher, which is what is being said that the "agreed upon finish" was originally supposed to be.

WWE, from the sound of it, was immensely worried about Brock's reaction, and rather than either make amends in some way (or doing the agreed upon finish from Extreme Rules) he is being viewed as "too unstable to work with", and WWE and Brock are seeking to go their separate ways, already.

My opinion? Brock clearly has a legitimate beef, here. And while I believe that WWE and John Cena especially are in the wrong here (seeing as this seemed to be something that John Cena did more or less on his own that night, going off the cuff) Brock's reaction is.... less than mature.

I think Cena (and/or anyone in WWE management or creative that might have put him up to this) is in the wrong here, but Brock's reaction was also the wrong way to react.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Well, I'm going to wait and see if that is anynmore than internet speculation. It does possibly sound a little like what the Cena Boo Boys would want to happen.

Either way they seem to have take a strange road out of ER so it remains to be seen what is happening.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Apparently the Trips angle was always going to happen, as a way to remove Lesnar for a while under "suspension" and stretch his dates out. However, it's now being used in case they need to write him out permanently.

The Cena thng seems to be a change of plan at the last minute. But I can't explain how it's is either helpful or makes sense.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:43 am

I can see the stretch angle. It did feel a bit weird coming after the Cena match but I can see their logic. So is there a real fear he might walk then?

With Cena it just doesn't make any sense. It feels cobbled together and it sounds like it was. Sometimes you can book on the fly and it works, you get away with it. This didn't feel like that.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:29 am

Don't really know. Conflicting reports on how bad it was/what the outcome was.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:11 am

It's all very curious. I'm always wary of just going by what the net says but if it does turn out to be true it doesn't shine a very good light on a few people, least of Lesnar. Beef or no beef you don't act like a kid when you're getting paid big bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another week, another RAW...   Another week, another RAW... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another week, another RAW...
Page 1 of 1