CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

American Reunion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

American Reunion Empty
PostSubject: American Reunion   American Reunion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm

So, I just finished watching the latest in the American Pie series of films, entitled American Reunion. As the title suggests, this film reunites the original cast of the first American Pie film. They're all meeting up again for a high school reunion, and I mean all of them.

So, the story goes like this. It's been over a decade since everyone was in high school together, and now there's going to be a big high school reunion. As the main characters all meet up and discuss their lives, they realise that although a lot has changed for them, many things still remain the same. You'll be seeing old flames rekindling, characters reverting back to their old ways, Jim's dad giving out his own brand of fatherly advice, and Stifler... Well, just being Stifler. There's small appearances from some of the more minor characters.

It was really good seeing the old cast back together, as it took me back to when I was in my late teens, and I was being introduced to the American Pie crew for the first time. They may all be a bit older, but they can still get up to some really dodgy stuff. The comedy is as it was in any of the previous films. Filthy, embarrassing, and downright hilarious. Also like the previous films, there's moments which tug at your heart strings. In the end though, things turn out fine and we end up with a happy ending (which also leaves us feeling a bit sad because we know they're going to make some more God awful spin-offs).

As you can probably tell by now, I loved the film and would happily watch it again. The characters (who we all know very well from the previous films) are as funny, interesting, and believable as they have always been to me as a fan of the main three films. I recommend watching American Reunion, maybe as the ending of an American Pie marathon or even just on its own. It's American Pie at its best.

I'm going to go ahead and give this film 5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

American Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Reunion   American Reunion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:52 am

Its one of those I might catch when it inevitably gets shown on Sky Movies.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

American Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Reunion   American Reunion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 am

I'll wait and get the boxed set, watch them all in one go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Reunion   American Reunion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Reunion
Page 1 of 1