CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Empty
PostSubject: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 am

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Danny-Burch.html

Just noticed this today. Former IPW:UK champ Martin Stone now listed on the WWENXT roster page.

Hope he does well with it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 am

Oh, didn't realise they'd changed the format of NXT. How does it all work now? What's happened to FCW?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 am

FCW has shut down, and the talent they had under contract now simply works on the NXT show. TBH, I've not seen that much of it, but it seems they want to keep the talent closer to WWE HQ and work more directly with them at developing personalities for them. NXT is now run like an official bush league indy promotion to feed the WWE in due course.

They have some decent talent in NXT now. Would like to see some of them (like the former Chris Hero) up on the main roster.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 am

From what I've seen it seems like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 am

Just watched the July 25th 2012 episode, and it was good. The Ascension's entrance is awesome, and they look like a great tag team. The main WWE roster needs a team like them. Seth Rollins (who I know of and have seen in the past), is a good choice for NXT Champion. Jim Ross and William Regal commentating together was good. They worked off one another really well.

i really like this new format for NXT.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 am

I hope they promote Ascension at some point and give the tag belts a boost. It's been needing one! Rollins has certainly got the look, even if I haven't seen much of him. I'm also glad they have Chris Hero. I enjoyed seeing when I was down for one of the IPW shows. I'm guessing they have changed the name to seperate him from Jericho? I'm guessing they've also stopped billing him from Metropolis? I'd have given him a contract just on the basis he has a move named after famed 80s 'funny' man Russ Abbott...well, it's got his name anyway!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:52 pm

I wonder if they'll have the NEW nxt arena in WWE '13.

It's probably possible to make it now, seeing as the stage builder seems to have options for stages, images on stages, a full editor, and the ability to change crowd sizes.

It's probably possible if one chooses a basic stage (or if NXT exists as a template), put an NXT logo on the tron, change the arena crowd to "smallest" (one hands-on report says that "smallest" looks like an ROH crowd) and if you have any power over the lighting, change the arena lighting to as "black as you can possibly get it."

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 am

I'm going to see how close I can an arena to the famed (!) Orpington Halls. Spiritual home of IPW:UK and the British equivalent of the ECW Bingo Hall in that it was an absolute fecking shitehole that got swelteringly hot in the Summer, but the crowd absolutely loved the place.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:15 am

Yeah, i actually do hope there an option for wooden balconies.

That way, I can make the ECW Bingo Hall and the arena that was used for the first batch of Monday Night Raw's.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 am

I didn't mean that bingo hall (the Manhattan Center) I meant the original in Philly. The Orpington Halls had about the same quality feel to it as that place did. On the day of the last IPW show in there, we actually tore a bit of plaster off one of the walls and got Chris Hero to sign it as a momento.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 am

It's a shame you can't create the fans...you could have create some of their interesting fans...Wink
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

I have found out that you can choose what era of fans you want in Create An Arena.

the current fans, or the 1997-1999 fans.

Also, the 1997-1999 fans, apparently aren't just equipped with WWF t-shirts, but in a bit of smart, added authenticity, some of them also come to the show with nWo shirts, as well.

I hope there's also a few fans here and there with ECW shirts.

In fact, i've been recently downloading and watching every single Raw starting from 1997. Starting in March of 1997, so many people were wearing ECW t-shirts and having ECW signs in the Raw arenas, that it became a storyline when Jerry Lawler challenged them and they invaded for 2 Raw's in a row.

I recently just got done watching all the way to Wrestlemania 13, so I would be impressed if they know enough about history to have ECW shirts in the crowd as well as the occasional "WCW FEARS VINCE" "WCW SUCKS" and "NITRO RULEZ" signs.

Also, I don't think they'll add this, but funny thing is that for 4 shows straight, leading up to WM 13, a LOT of fans were wearing bWo shirts for some reason.

Especially on March 10th 1997, more people wore bWo shirts to Raw than Austin 3:16 shirts. Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 am

That's a natty bit. Believe me, though...it would take a deranged mind to create some of the fan we see when I go to the UK wrestling with DS!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 am

Going to Indy wrestling shows is great - makes you realise you're actually ahead of much of the population curve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT   Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former IPW:UK champ finally in NXT
Page 1 of 1