CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video of every single wrestler in the game.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Video of every single wrestler in the game. Empty
PostSubject: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Now you can see what they look like in the game before you get it.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 am

Hmm, really want to see some proper HD quality videos of the game running, because some of those look pretty awful. Particularly don't like that they seem to have a white outline around them. Hope that's just the quality of the video grab, as the still pictures they released before looked better.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 am

I think the white outline seems to be the lighting, or something.

I remember Smackdown 2009 did that a lot, especially when they were ported to Legends Of Wrestlemania. So.. maybe that's just a side effect of the lighting not being properly tweaked yet.

I dunno though, I think they look mostly fine, and don't really see TOO much wrong with them, aside from the mouths of some characters doing that unnatural duck-lips thing that they've always tend to have done. I do notice that.

The strange duck-lip animations need to go away. I'm hoping it's just because these are early models, but I do think, that while maybe not awful, some of them could use some real adjusting.

Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes though, look the best. And I'm hoping they all come out looking like that, because those two look strikingly realistic. At Daniel Bryan, I almost thought it was a photograph or real video of him.

Zack Ryder looked off, though. Bossman, Paul Wight, Vince McMahon, and about 3 divas or so, looked like they had low poly counts or weren't finished.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

The DX Triple H looked the worst to me, and Shamrock wasn't that great. But as I say, I'll wait until I see proper photos, and HD video. We don't even know if all the videos were taken from the same version of the game. I'm not worried yet.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Not exactly making me want to put my hand in pocket. I'm less than impressed with quite a few. The duck mouth is awful. Some of the CAWs just don't cut it for me. All that said this still might be a work in progess. It might look better as they go along. I've seen a fair few games tweaked before they go out.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Eh. Personally speaking I can definitely see where a few look unpolished and not perfect, but nothing that strikes me at all enough to call it "awful" except ONE thing (i'll mention in my next line)

And I honestly only notice really bad "duck-mouth" on Vince McMahon. But Vince McMahon's face does look rather nightmarish. With his bizarre duck bill flapping around. To be honest. Certainly the worst thing in the game. (from the video)

(Much like how Booker T ended up being the worst looking model in WWE 12 by far for the same reasons. Booker T's terrible duck mouth, long neck and pigment disorder. Note: He looks vastly better here. Which is what gives me hope that any mistakes noticed here will be fixed)

Even so........ even if the game did ship with everyone looking like this... I'd probably get over it within an hour of having the game. I think some of them look quite less than perfect, but not bad enough to ruin anything for me.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh yeah... by the way.

Y'know what almost bugs me more?

A bunch of the titantrons having their aspect ratios massivly fucked up.

A bunch of them are cropped with the sides being black bars, and not extended to the sides of the titantron. Undertaker, Austin and other cropped off Titantrons look horrid. Even worse because a lot of other trons look fine, and maybe i'm just being severely OCD about them not matching each other.

THAT looks jarring, to me. (But probably because I consider myself a huge fan of titantrons and Jim Johston musics.) I'm really anal about WWE's graphics, presentation, video overlays, and audio presentation, because i'm always such a huge mark for them.

I've always seen that stuff and I always thought "THAT'S my favorite thing, the creative aspect of making wrestlers identifiable with sound and graphics." It's the kind of job I wish I had. It's possibly what I think is coolest about wrestling. The creative graphic design, titantron visuals and original theme song composing.

I've always been fascinated by that stuff since day one. So it pisses me off when they fuck it up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 am

Each to the own but, for me, this just wouldn't entice me. I think most of the Trips don't do him justice, nor does Steph and that's just the start. They look clunky and a step back to me. And none of the mouths look right to me.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 am

note: Newer videos released today have shown drastic improvement in basic model quality from these. They seemed to pull this footage from an earlier work-in-progress beta.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:55 am

I thought it might turn out that way. Like I said above if they make tweaks then that's for the good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of every single wrestler in the game.   Video of every single wrestler in the game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video of every single wrestler in the game.
Page 1 of 1