CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:36 am

for example, the respiratory of all of the continuity details about who the three announcers are? Names of referees throughout the night? The name of the town and arena? And any other bits that connect the overall shows and writings of everyone together continuity-wise, that people need to know?

If so, either ask for the info you need, or leave that info for others in this thread, so everyone is on the same page with the overall knowledge.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:38 am

Who's the third announcer? There's Jason Tarsh, Robinson Renard and who?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am

Maxine Mars
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 am

Aha, I remember now.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:28 am

Well lets add a few details:

The arena is the 02 Arena, London England. Capacity circa 20,000. Floor area, raised section on all sides, upper area, and then the cliff-face that is the Gods.

Outside the main arena is entertainment avenue containing restaurants and a 12 screen cinema (In case the Hardcore 24-7 brawl goes out there)

The set has a higher than normal stage area, but conventional entrance, sloping ramp to floor level, and entrance way.

WWE style barriers around the ring. One announce table, WWE style.

Referees won't normally be named, but if you want to use a name, use whatever you like.

Announcer style:

Renard will usually do play by play. He's cocky and arrogant (think Bischoff) and a French Canadian.

Tarsh will do colour, but also some PBP as it goes. He's modelled on William Regal.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 am

Oh wow, really???

I just used the 02 Arena in a roleplay just the other day for something unrelated to the CXA, not knowing that's where you were holding it! haha. Well, you know that if you just read it. Razz

It still works out well in canon, and there's no need for me to change the roleplay or anything, because it was where Julie Yafuda booked her ill-fated concert that she does in fact end up canceling, anyway.

But now, I find it funny that it's probably even more personal to her now, since the CXA is now, I guess, being held at the same spot that I just signified as the shattering of her dreams.

I guess I should have figured though, that you'd use it too, it being the largest London arena and all.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Yup, largest and most high profile concert arena in the UK, and as a consequence of beating MSG 3 years running also the most commercially successful concert arena in the world.

Incidentally, I have something special in mind for the set, which is why I haven't described it any further than basic confirmation of the stage.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Oh. Razz I was photoshopping one as we speak.

Well, I've only gotten as far as the ring, anyway, so I suppose i'll just stop there.

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? 14338905-4ff
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Here's the logo I used for that:

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? 14339006-6c5
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 am

Oh, by the way. I forgot to post this.. but...

With Tarsh and Renard generally being the serious guys, Maxine is generally there for the charm, fun and witty observation aspect. Adding the spark of light charm to the proceedings and fun little observations.

She doesn't particularly need sarcasm or cynicism to get her wit across, and is prone to using interesting metephors to compare things. She is often more directly emotional to the outstandingly shocking spots.

Also, if you need any kind of line that throws a lighter shade or emotional perspective to the proceedings, she's be there to give it, as opposed to the more serious Renard and Tarsh.

Sometimes throws in related wrestling trivia at times that she's acquired as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?   Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anything continutiy-wise that people need to know about the show?
Page 1 of 1