CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intelligent commentary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Intelligent commentary Empty
PostSubject: Intelligent commentary   Intelligent commentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 pm

I disagree heavily with the reviews that have stated that the commentary is "horrible" or "worse than last year."

I think they are just butthurt over the fact that WWE didn't have their schedule straightened out as to who was calling what show, so THQ had to make a judgement call and have Micheal Cole and Jerry Lawler on all commentary.

But... I've noticed the commentary has more built-in intelligence this year.

There has been specific times where the commentary has surprised me with what it's been keeping track of.

In the Royal Rumble, the commentary will point out when someone has made 3 or more eliminations. They seems to always know what match it is, and in Universe, even seem aware of who is friends with who, rivals with who, and what the upcoming main event is going to be.

It also seems to know who is up in the rankings and who is down in the rankings.

But then there are other little easter eggs i've noticed that it's aware of.

For instance, I find it amusing that i've been simming a lot of matches, and Jerry Lawler often remakrs "This match is so good... It's the kind of match you just want to SIT BACK AND WATCH!!"

lol :p

Yeah, I agree that Micheal Cole has never been good at reading lines off a piece of paper and making it look like he's sitting at the table calling a match in front of him, and struggles to enunciate a word with any kind of emotion (unless it's an inferno match for some reason)

But it may not be emotionally acted, but it's a lot more intelligent and keeps track of things. And I think the commentary generally adds more to the experience this year than it did before.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent commentary   Intelligent commentary Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm pretty happy with the commentary this year. Definitely improved.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent commentary   Intelligent commentary Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:56 am

Yes I agree. I've pointed this out before about how the commentary kept track of the tension between Miz and Reaper when we were tag champions but also competing for singles titles. That sort of stuff really adds to the atmosphere of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligent commentary   Intelligent commentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intelligent commentary
Page 1 of 1