CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Inbetweeners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RobArnold

RobArnold

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:36 pm

This is more for the UK guys, but can be expanded. Anybody been watching the Inbetweeners? It's a pretty marmite program I know, but I've got into it in a big way. If you don't take it seriously, and think about to your sixth-form days, being a late teen and all that, and you can relate to some of the over-the-top plots. It's just a lot of fun, and some of the one liners are fantastic.

Anybody? Oh, and if you can find it in the US, it is worth a watch, though it is a very British style of humour!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 am

I'm sure those in the US could find it on the Net without too much trouble. Actually is Channel 4 on Demand only available in the UK? If not, they could get it on there.

But to answer your question, no, I haven't watched it. People do tell me its very good, but I missed the first season and so haven't bothered.

I did watch Whitechapel last night though, as I really enjoyed the first series. For our US friends, this is a crime drama. The first season dealt with a new Detective Inspector sent to a rough police station in Whitechapel in the East End of London. Shortly after his arrival a brutal murder takes place which bears striking similarities to the first murder by noted London serial killer Jack the Ripper. It soon becomes obvious that there is a copycat murderer on the loose, and the DI and his team have to track him down before he carries out more murders in the manor of the infamous Jack.

In this second series, we have another string of copycat attacks, but this time echoing murders and woundings carried out by 1960s East End gangsters Ronnie and Reggie Kray.

Its started very well so far. The first series is probably knocking around on the Net somewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
RobArnold

RobArnold

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:28 am

Not sure you'd be too into the Inbetweeners, it can very awkward in its style of comedy, though thats what people seem to love. If you can watch series one I highly suggest you do so, it's miles better than series two (and they've pulled it back for series three).

As for Whitechapel, I can't say its my cup of tea, I don't tend to watch too much TV now apart from the odd thing like Inbetweeners, Dr Who or Glee (I really shouldn't like it, but I really found it entertaining). The only time I watch anything now is on weekends if it's a DVD boxset, this summer for example I've been ploughing through Lost (and if anybody spoils it I will end you) and should finish that sometime this month I hope.

Even with this on demand and iPlayer lark, by the time I've finished on the XBox and catching up on here and things, I'm pretty much ready to sleep!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: TV   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:39 am

Although I did comment on Whitechapel there, I find I'm watching less and and less of that fictiony type stuff these days. When I watch TV now it tends to be more of the factual stuff. I'd say 85% of the stuff I want to watch regularly can be found on the Discovery channels, History channels, and National Geographic channels. That leaves room for Top Gear, Mock the Week, and QI on the BBC.

Don't worry, I think even those of us who have seen the end of LOST didn't understand what the hell was happening well enough to spoil it for anyone else!

But if you like your DVD box sets, and as I know you like a bit of politics, I strongly recommend you buy the box set of the West Wing. I know it flies in the face of my "less fiction" statement above, but its without doubt the best TV series ever made.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:52 am

That could be my next thing to be honest David. Thing is I'll have to get the Mrs into it as well. So whilst I may push for that next, we may end up with Missfits, or How I Met your Mother. Don't get me wrong, its not that she has bad taste, it's just that to her, I'm the one with poor taste!

I'll be fair to the girl as well, the amount of sport/skittles I subject her to without a whinge, its only fair from time to time!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: TV   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:26 am

Put your foot down man. Who wears the trousers in the relationship? ;0)
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Unfortunatly, I think it's obvious to all that it's not me!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Trousers   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 am

By the way she was going to bitch slap you over Back to the Future, yes it is.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I didn't read what you pair said because it'd bore me (just kidding, or am I?). I think The Inbetweeners is hilarious! It's my kind of comedy. My kind of comedy being childish and disgusting. It reminds me of my own sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: TV   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

Whilst we're on TV shows, is anyone else watching "An Idiot Abroad"? Now I detest Ricky Gervais, so was goign to skip this. So glad I didn't. Its freaking hillarious.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:43 am

Inbetweeners is quality. Shame they not gonna make more seasons. Phoneshop is good as well. Channel 4 is the only channel I watch now, except sometimes ITV when Jeremy Kyle is on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Inbetweeners Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inbetweeners   The Inbetweeners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Inbetweeners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: