CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One-Off Reunion Show

Go down 
+3
Mjolnir
lonewolfshanehunt
Faulerro
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Faulerro

Faulerro

One-Off Reunion Show Empty
PostSubject: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 am

Since this was being discussed in an unrelated topic, I thought I'd drag it into its own one for future reference.

A lot of us don't have time for e-fedding any more, but it seems quite a few are interested in doing a one-off show at one point. A bit like TXA Histories, only with the character owners' permission (and hopefully participation) this time.

Part of the purpose is to finally get those storylines we never had before, or at the very least the matches on their own. For example, David and I would get to do Chio Reto vs the Reaper. I'm sure people out there have some feuds they'd like to bring to life, and maybe some they'd like to revisit?

I figure none of us will be able to manage anything 'til the new year, but I think it warrants discussion and planning now.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:13 am

I'd be able to find time for it whenever it goes ahead. I'll chuck Shane Hunt into the mix, and let someone else decide who he faces.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

I'm certainly up for this. New year will be busy, but I'll make the time whenever. I'll also speak to Myron.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 am

I'm very much up for this, though won't be available until tax return season is over...so anytime from Feb 1st!

...Or unless my firm employs a new collegue to take the HUGE weight now placed on my shoulders. Which is doubtful at best!

But yeah, if we're doing new opponents I guess for me its Out Cold, Mike Rocket, Paul James? I can't think of anybody else here that i've not faced.

I wouldn't say no to teaming up with Joxide either for a giggle!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Did you ever do a one on one match with Myron?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Shane Hunt against Out Cold sounds like a good one. Bring it on, OC! :p
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm

No David, I havent, fairplay I wasn't thinking about that way about it!
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

omg, im popular :) But all of it sounds good to me. I know im down :)
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 am

The OC wrote:
omg, im popular :) But all of it sounds good to me. I know im down :)

It's only because you're easy to beat... :p
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:41 am

Hello all :) Sorry it's taken me some time to log onto here. I'll have a look around in a mo but DS mentioned this thread to me. I'd be up for helping out with a show. Contributing my character, helping with the writing...whatever you guys needed, really. I've got some ideas to use and, yes, outfits to try out! ;)

I've moved house this year and I'm living with my gf now so I'll have to work around those bits. But I should have the time to help out.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 am

Wait till he sees the post about him winning that battle royal.....
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:04 am

What?!? Where?!?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:06 am

Check out the Smackdown v Raw part of the board.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:08 am

Ah, hadn't got that far as I don't own the game. But will check it out. Once I've stopped being distracted by Japanese Cat people in pretty clothes....
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 am

Fox, we're thinking of doing the show after THIS Christmas, not Christmas 2025. We can't wait that long.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:15 pm

alfheimprince wrote:
I've moved house this year and I'm living with my gf now so I'll have to work around those bits. But I should have the time to help out.

I know how that feels. Damn women, getting in the way of my E-fedding! It's worse when you have a child as well.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

There is a child in his house. Unfortunately, its him.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:45 am

I'd like to argue with that but unfrotunately it's very, very true. I listed my favourite things the other day...elves, vampires, cowboys, kinights, aliens, robots, dinosaurs, dragons...it wasn't the most grown-up list in the world! ;)

We do have the cats who, at times, are just like kids :)

And DS, I know it's after this Xmas. It's just my outfit will be from 2025...;)
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 am

I'm guessing you cause more trouble than the cat....and he was no doubt easier to house train.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 am

Nobody causes more trouble than Harry but I do run a close second...
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 am

OK, yesterday I was talking to DS about the show and we wondered if we should set a date for it. I know people have said sometime early next year but I think it would be good to get a date in the book and then we can work towards that. People are busy and stuff but it usually helps to know what you're working towards.

I also think it'll be good to confirm the card. We have an unofficial one but we can make that official and start to riff off the other person/people. I'm going to start mentioning Rob in my RPs if we've set that.

I'll still be on the board over Xmas, with general chatter. But I'm taking a week or sos break from RPing now.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 am

I was thinking of aiming for mid February for the date of the show. Gives people time to get back into the swing after the Christmas and New Year holidays, and time for us to do a few RPs with each other to set it off. Does that sound good, or would people prefer later?

As for the card:

The Reaper .v. Chio Reto (stipulation to be decided)

My-Ron .v. Rob Arnold (stipulation to be decided)

Mike Rocket .v. Steve Awesome (stipulation to be decided)

Frayed Ends of Sanity .v. Out Cold and ??? (stipulation to be decided)

Joxide and ??? .v. The Cyde Brothers (to be confirmed)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:15 am

I like the look of the card and the date works for me. Gives people a solid month or so of time to RP. I'll be working all through that period, once I'm back from the Xmas hols, but I'll work some time in.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 am

Actually, on the card, if OC and Jox prefer, they could team up and go against the Frayed Ends and the Cydes in a tag team 3 way dance match.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:45 am

Yeah, Mid-Feb at the earliest for me. I'm going to get a rp done tonight as I actually have some time for a change. Following that I'll do maybe one just after Christmas, and then in January it'll very hit and miss. Yay for Tax Returns!
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:04 am

I'm down with that. I've been meaning to put some more RPs together actually, need to remind myself to do so.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 am

I'm hoping that I can eventually do something for it. I really wanted to be able to but....

It's starting to look as if I probably won't be able to. Something might change but i'm not sure. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 am

As a suggestion for the show how about the 27th of Feb? That seems to be late enough for people, it's a Sunday (to make it like a real show) and we have a date to RP towards.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:28 am

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:50 am

If by some chance, the Rocket/Awesome thing somehow doesn't happen, I can try and come up with some appearance, or some small way to get Rocket on the show by that time. Even if it's a non-ring segment.

I'm not sure if it'll come to that, and it might not. There's still close to two months time, so maybe i'm slightly worried for nothin'. But i'm sure something will work out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 am

How about we do an annoucment rp? You know, a press conferance type thing where the card is announced, the date set and so on? I don't mind helping right it but as CXA is Mike's baby I didn't want to tread on any toes. What do people think?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 am

that's fine. Although there's a chance that Steve and I might do a separate, alternating press-style RP, although that could just be an interview or whatever, if we do it.

Honestly though, I'm not exactly feeling like a control freak or anything about it, and i'm fine with whatever everyone else would like to do and what they feel would work.

And I was wondering, as well. Any ideas how matches will be written? If it's a collaborative effort thing like the TXA was, I'm not sure if I could handle writing a big match thing, aside from the women's match (Which I know is gonna be huge and may take up a lot of my time.) I might work on that off and on over the course of several days, because it's a multi-person match similar to my old hardcore women's battle royal, with a lot going on and those are always complicated.

I'm just saying that if anyone wanted to rely on me for another official written match I might not be too good at it. Perhaps that might be my own lack of confidence on my part, though. I just don't want to end up disappointing or letting anyone down.

If it's something that the guys that came up with the one-off reunion planned from the beginning on writing patches or the majority of it (as Histories was done), also I have no problem with that, either. (i'm just asking to contribute a women's match to toss into the middle. Razz)

I really don't mind what the majority or you guys want to do. It's your project as well. But I do wanna know what the plan is so we can all be on the same page. :3
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:24 am

Well I was sort of assuming that those involved in each match would between them plan and write the roleplays leading up to the match being signed, and then plan the match and write it between them.

However, I think between us we can fill in if that creates a problem for anyone.

We do really need to start nailing these matches down now though and getting some firm plans and ideas down.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 am

I'll have time to do write some matches, around the time we mentioned. Like DS says we can probably fit in everything we need to.

Cool. Anybody got any suggestions for staff for CXA? If you're planning some alternating ones then I'll have My-Ron crash this one. There will still be the opportunity for others to come out during it, though.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 am

Well, we did say before that we wanted to avoid using TXA characters we didn't own, so that possibly rules out the commentary team we had before.

Dunno if Mike has other characters we could use at interviewers, but for the commentary team I was going to suggest using Jason Tarsh and Robinson Renard.

For anyone that needs reminding, Tarsh is a British former Wrestler in the Regal style. His technical knowledge would make him the play by play guy.

Robinson is a French-Canadian "journalist". Cocky and arrogant with a taste for good living, he is not above using whatever manipulative dirty tricks he can get away with to further his own ends. Think Rick Martel meets the Rouseau brothers.

However, if anybody has other suggestions, I'm not wedded to these.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:57 am

I think they would be a good mix. Of the two RR seems the best fit for a press conference idea best and it'll be good to have My-Ron sparring with him again.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 am

I really was hoping (as evidenced in that roleplay I wrote from earlier) to have Maxine Mars at least included as one of the commentators, to be honest.

Dunno how people feel about that, though. Is that fine with people, though? Besides, at the very least, being a non-heel however, no one has to do anything special for the character and just write as straight-laced play-by-play as it is with her.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:14 am

Mike, no problem, that works better actually. She can do straight play by play, Tarsh can be fairly even-handed and provide technical colour, and Renard can be the heel colour guy.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:58 am

I'm happy with that. To be honest it's not so much the match team I'm thinking about right now. So if we did change the mix it wouldn't matter too much. But Robinson works for the press junket.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:17 am

Can I make a request? I'd quite like to RP as Hells Guardians again, and would love to have them in the card for the reunion show in place of The Frayed Ends. I've got things going on with Paul right now in NCW, and want to save all my RP ideas for him to use that fed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One-Off Reunion Show   One-Off Reunion Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One-Off Reunion Show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next