CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE clear out.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 am

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstars Shad Gaspard, Luke Gallows, Vance Archer and Caylen Croft and WWE Divas Tiffany and Jillian Hall as of November 19, 2010. WWE wishes them the best in all future endeavors.

Shame about Gallows. I didn't think he was too bad. Couldn't begin to give a flying toss about any of the others. Don't think this will be the end of it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:42 am

I think they probably just ran out of ideas with Gallows. I was surprised they even gave a run to Archer.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 am

Fuck. I was fully expecting them to return Shad with his new look and persona and really try and repush him.

Also, his new outfit is supposed to be future DLC. All this does is make this future SvR11 game item absolutely pointless and turned it into a big waste of THQ's valuable time and money. Not to mention that it specifically makes fans less inclined to buy his attire.

They worked hard to not only spend precious development time on an alternate attire that still has yet to see the light of day, but also cuts profit. I also don't think Shad was ever given a fair shake, as I would loved to see what was essentially a Sug Knight gimmick. I'll bet THQ is pissed. And plus I really wanted to see what they'd do with Shad's return, anyway.

Likewise, Gallows. I really liked him, and felt he needed a run. That also really annoys me a lot.

Don't rightfully give a shit about Vance, Croft, Tiffany and Jillian though.

Either way though, did they seriously just shitcan half of the newcomers to the video game this year? This essentially means that the only viable new additions to the game are actually just Sheamus, Zack, and Drew.

I'm telling you right now, if they follow up on this and fire Zack Ryder, I'm going to throw a straight-up hissyfit. And not just because I'm actually a fan of the guy. Although that will be a major reason.

Watch them fire half of and/or disband the Nexus before they can be sold as DLC too. It's almost as if every year, they pull something like this with the perfect timing after a SvR game comes out just to almost throw up a middle finger at THQ, sometimes.

I know that they didn't and they don't care about the video game they sign off on, but on the other hand, it just makes it more clear that they really DON'T care about the video game. I'm sure they wouldn't hurt for money to keep them around long enough to make money off of, or let their video game deal run it's course. Especially when they have yet to make more money off Shad.

Everytime new characters come into a game, they almost immediately fire them. Happened last year and the year before too, as well, if I remember.

Well, at least Madden isn't the only game out there with a curse on it. Biggest indicator to see whose on the chopping block it seems, it to look who is new in the game that year, or is upcoming DLC.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 am

Gallows I thought had potential. Shad never did. Clumsy in the ring, and video game or not he's no loss to the company.

The whole Nexus thing. I'm totally undecided about what will happen tomorrow. Cena could stay a face, get fired, but then get rehired on Smackdown. Or for that matter on raw by the GM. Cena could turn out to BE the GM in a swerve heel turn, or he could in fact just turn straight up heel. The way they have been heavily pushing the "momentous decision against all he stands for" angle makes me think a heel turn is a real possibility.

Whatever happens to Barrett and the title, it might still be the end of Nexus. Remember Barrett has said the Nexus stand ready to help him take out Cena after the match. What if they don't? What if under Otunga they just refuse and leave Barrett to get his head kicked in?

And what of the Miz? is this his time to cash in? Will Barrett get a 2 minute title reign?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 am

I'd much prefer a heel Cena. Wasn't he a heel when he first joined WWE?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am

His first match on Smackdown was as a face. He went heel afterwards during his early rap gimmick.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 am

I still remember his severely annoying, and incredibly immature homophobic jabs he'd constantly throw into his terrible raps. Ugh.

Granted for as much as I still don't favor him today, he's much better now by virtue of the fact that his gimmick is that he's more of a goody-two-shoes "knowing is half the battle" oversized dork with super merch powers, than trying to be "Discount Vanilla Eminnem Lite" anymore.

Cena today may still be annoying, but it's the lesser of two evils. At least now, he's just the penultimate company-man, and his annoyance is much easier to overlook these days.

I'd much rather have the annoying do-goody-good that i'm supposed to cheer for but don't, rather than the annoying wannabe idiot that's so irritating you wanna throttle him and turn the TV off.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am

I don't actually mind Cena. I've said before that I think his move set could be more logical, but it's hard to think of when he's had a genuinely BAD match. He works very hard, in and out of the ring, for the company, and is playing the part they want him to play. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders, and deals with it well.

He's also genuinely a nice guy, and brilliant with his fans. You have to give it to him that he's the perfect corporate guy for them.

But I do think that in this day and age, he needs to show some edge to his character to stop it going stale. The Nexus angle has been good for him, but a full heel turn now could refresh him the way the nWo refreshed Hogan. It's just a question of whether WWE are willing to manage the merchandising issues.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 am

I have to say that like David also has, I have, however, accepted and even admitted that Cena has improved in his ring presence, greatly over the years.

I can at least take him seriously as a competitor, even though his superman bullshit does become tiresome. At least when he steps in the ring, I can look forward to a better match from him.

It's not quite so much that Cena has good moves, or believable offense (he doesn't.), but that merely his ring presense, makes you believe in his ability more than he has, and when he steps into the ring, you can take it seriously, I think.

If there's one thing I think Cena has mastered, to compensate for his lacking ability and wrestling knowledge and execution, it's that his "ring presense" reminds me of The Rock in itself (Charisma in the ring only, not on the mic) to where he has well adopted that "Electrfying" quality. I'll give him that, that it's impressive he's managed to learn how to "tell a story" with his body. Even if the AA is flat-out stupid and the STFU (I forget what it's called now) is a joke of a submission hold.

I just wish he'd shut the fuck up, and tone down his merch shilling GI Joe theatrics a bit, and not feel so forced in his Hulk Hogan of the New Generation crap, which admittedly I am much more willing to tolerate, but still not 100% buying.

He's better today than he was. He's gone from "annoying and want to hate him" to "kinda annoying but acceptable to watch". And he's earned more of his spot over time.

I no longer actively boo him or shit on his matches. I'm just indifferent to certain aspects of him and I can sit down and watch his matches without being too bored anymore.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

I agree with Mike in terms of the way Cena works a match. He may not have the best moveset and may not execute his moves very well, but he knows how to work a match. The Rock was the same, with such unbelievable moves as the Peoples Elbow, and his terrible version of the Sharpshooter. Hogan had a pathetic legdrop, and the ridiculous Hulk up and powerful punch combo. All three of these wrestlers had bad movesets and didn't execute their moves very well, but they all had (still have in the case of Cena) great ring presence.

In terms of Cena's gimmick, I am also able to tolerate it, knowing that his hero gimmick is reeling in a new generation of wrestling fans to WWE. The young WWE fans love him, the same way I loved Hogan when I was a little boy. It's great to have a wrestler in the company who makes children genuinely excited when he wins matches, and genuinely sad when he loses or gets beaten up a bit. It reminds me of my childhood as a wrestling fan.

You know what, maybe a heel turn wouldn't be the best thing for Cena, or WWE.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I can certainly see that point of view - the Hogan comparison and the attraction for the kids is a very good point which I think "smart" fans sometimes miss out on, and I agree there are good reasons for him not going heel. Its part of why I can't decide what I think will actually happen tomorrow.

I'd like to see him go heel, personally, but I agree that there's an argument to be made for it not being the best thing for them to do.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 pm

If Cena did turn heel, it may work out really well. Once again going back to Hogan, but he's a perfect comparison. Hulk Hogan, one of the biggest face wrestlers ever, suddenly turns on the fans and becomes one of the leading members of the NWO. That worked out brilliantly in terms of Hogan getting the boos and such. If Cena can successfully turn heel and make it believable, it could work out really well for him, and could even make adult wrestling fans enjoy watching him on TV rather than just tolerating him.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Cena is great.

I always enjoy watching the dude. He's funny, and ridiculously charismatic. He really is the "Hogan of the new generation" as people claim. I never got on the "I Hate Cena" bandwagon because they dislike the dude for the same reasons that made Hogan a superstar and it's a little hypocritical if you ask me.

If Cena went Heel and joined Nexus for real it would be great and it would crap all over TNA and "Immortal".

OR.......

this is all just a build up for Wade to win it and have Cena beat him for it at a future ppv. Or some type of shenanigans go down and it builds into Barret,Orton, Cena triple threat.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

WWE clear out. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE clear out.   WWE clear out. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE clear out.
Page 1 of 1