CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Empty
PostSubject: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:10 am

So... I am clearly out of the loop when it comes to good hard rock mainstream bands these days. Production music libraries, yes I'm great at searching through. But new mainstream commercial releases? Sadly, I'm clueless. Or at least what people generally consider good, because I don't tend to listen to hard rock and bands these days. I can't even think of any that aren't at least 10 years old already. :p

Basically, I'm just gonna ask you guys for help. But there are a few caveats. I need a good, new, popular song from some band that works very well for a wrestling show like Raw or Smackdown. Something you can definitely see WWE using on a new brand, and something that's new for CXA.

But preferably something that isn't going to get easily flagged. (Maybe I'll put up a private test video to see what Youtube does to it.)

I mean, I've been trying to search "new rock 2010" and I don't get anything. I'm good at searching music libraries. Not so much at current commercial music (since I don't tend to listen to it.)

So if you have ANY good suggestions, put up anything you can think of. And if it sounds like it'll work, I'll use it. I'm even willing to put up with a band I don't like as long as it works. As long as it kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 am

Oh, I forgot to mention.

It has to be "clean", too. Because you know.... WWE doesn't tend to use theme songs with cursing in it, now. :p
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 am

Hunt You Down by Saliva, one of my favourite bands.

Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

Wasn't that already the theme for No Way Out 2009, though? :p

According to a related video, it was.

I have an idea, though. Maybe I can quickly go through the Xbox Live music marketplace and preview the music videos to find a new rock song.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 am

...now after having done that, I'm not sure that was a good idea of mine to do.

I think i'll just wait for a few days and just see if I hear something or run across something naturally before then.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:13 am

LOL.... man...

I thought I had found a great CXA theme by a group called "Thousand Foot Krutch" and then it's actually a christian rock group. :p

And yeah, I know. "Why should that stop you? Do you have something against it?" you might be thinking.

And the answer is... sorta? I mean, it has a stigma attached to it, y'know?

Like, what self-respecting metal head who used to be really in Megadeth and Anthrax in the early 90's admitted to everyone that they listened to Stryper and then got made fun of when it was pointed out that it was actually Christian metal? :p

And... I mean, uh... not me. Is what I mean. >_> Because that never happened to me. Ever. >_>
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:45 am

Damn WWE, using all the best songs!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 am

I hope Matt reads this string - he could probably fill this string with brilliant Christian rock songs.

I'm trying to remember the names of the bands he lent me, but all of them were excellent.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 am

Something gritty but I believe clean is "My Best Theory" by Jimmy Eat World. Have a blast with that and see what you think.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:36 am

By the way...

I posted a longer post above about feeling kinda bad for changing my mind about using Thousand Foot Krutch just because of their message and such, and that I feel somewhat like a prick for it being Christian Rock changing my mind on using it, because they are actually very good, with a good sound, and a great song called "Fire It Up".

But after writing all of it, then my connection went out, it 404'd, I tried to go back and repost and I lost the post.

But even though they are a Christan band, still give "Fire It Up" and "Welcome To The Masquerade" by Thousand Foot Krutch a listen. They aren't bad.

Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:39 am

Mike, those two songs are really good. Go with Fire It Up. Who cares if the band is "Christian Rock". It's a great song, no matter what kind of rock it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.   Need a theme song for the CXA Brand. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a theme song for the CXA Brand.
Page 1 of 1