CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Biggest Failures of 2010.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Biggest Failures of 2010. Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Because, you know me. I always like to find some perverse delight and humor out of the negative aspects of things.

So, I want to know.. what is the WORST of the year. The biggest fails of 2010?

The Biggest Gaming Fail of 2010?

The Biggest Wrestling Fail of 2010?

The Biggest Internet Fail of 2010?

The Biggest Movie Fail of 2010?

The Biggest Television Fail of 2010?

The Biggest Music Fail of 2010?

The Biggest News/Current Events Fail of 2010?

What really sucked ass about this year, according to you?
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 am

(Note: Yeah, this is gonna end up being kinda controversial. Because strong opinions always are. So I just want to say this is my own personal opinion about the worst things this year.

There are some political feelings here, and personal viewpoints as well, so... just take it as just my opinions and reasons therein. I recognize that some may really disagree with me for this.

If this makes anyone angry, I want to take the time right now to say ahead of time, that I'm sorry for that. Please don't take anything i've said as an attack on anyone else's opinions. I respect that others may not feel the same as I do. It's all just from my personal viewpoint.)

The Biggest Gaming Fail of 2010

Truth be told, I could pick a lot of things, here. Like, NBA Elite 11 being leaked and declared unplayable and then canceled outright before it's official release.

Or the idea, presentation and even execution of the concept that Microsoft and Sony feels that more gimmicks and silly vaccum-cleaner attachments like that Kinect and Move nonsense (Or this silly Nintendo 3DS thing) is going to be the "future" and "next-gen" of the gaming industry?

I could have picked things like that... But a few people were looking forward to NBA Elite, and might have been a decent game if given the time it needed to develop to a releasable state. And that some people are actually buying into the hype of the Kinect, 3DS, and Move things. (Even though I personally think it's clearly just an attempt to sell lame attachments ripped off from the competition and trying to convince consumers that it's the next big step instead of actually progressing the technology forward. Or in the 3DS's case, an attempt to steal an equally dumb gimmick from theatrical movies).

But hey, people are still buying them, and having some fun with it, so I probably shouldn't stomp all over what some people are still enjoying. So, I feel like going with something that outfails them by a wide margin:

The Xbox 360 Microsoft Game Room.

Even the most hardcore of retro enthusiasts would struggle to find something to like about this insanely botched effort. It sounds wonderful on paper. Release a steady stream of packs of a virtual 80's arcade with worldwide multiplayer aspects. What could go wrong?

Try kicking off the release with an almost indefinite delay in new actual arcade content that seemed to last for nearly the first quarter of the year.

Further the fail with an entirely unreasonable and utterly ridiculous payment and pricing setup.

And complete the fail by licensing 80% of the bare minimum of the most rinky-dink, unknown, virtually forgotten, scraping-the-bottom-barrel titles of the 80's and 90's that absolutely no one really wanted, and even the most hardcore arcade machine retro enthusiasts probably never even heard of nor could care less about. And you have the failure that is the Game Room.

It's pricing and payment setup however was the complete and utter death of the Game Room. Seems no one, absoutely no one was willing to waste 40 MS points a pop on playing 10 minutes of Jungler, Juno First or Circus Atari before having to plunk in another 40 points to keep playing these yawnfests. Or even waste 380 whole points on a full game of Video Hustler, Scooter Shooter or 3D Tic-Tac Toe.

Not a single Pac-Man, Pole Position, Berzerk, or virtually any other arcade game anyone has ever heard of, aside from Asteroids, Centipede, Yars Revenge and 2600's Pitfall. Which those four are honestly as about good as Game Room ever got. And still, no one in their right mind would pay THOSE prices to play them. Whether it be one time, or several times.

Extremely disappointing launch, extremely disappointing games, and crushingly disastrous prices, where most everything is crap, and the crap is ridiculously expensive. Game Room has been Xbox Live's elephant-in-the-room since it came out, and hasn't even tried to get any better since.

No wonder then, that Krome Studios has been single-handedly killed by the disaster that is the Microsoft Game Room, and is currently going under bankruptcy and about to shut down.

Hard to say. Possibly Survivor Series as of recent. A complete ruination of everything built up to that point, and as Shand said in his review of it elsewhere, only rivals the December To Dismember PPV in terms of it's sheer awfulness.

Although the Female NXT is surely a contender for biggest failure of the entire year. Although in a lesser way, the same could still be said about NXT in general. The best thing to come out of NXT was, in fact, the Nexus, followed very closely by Daniel Bryan. But let's not forget that getting to the point where we now have Bryan, Kaval and Nexus on Raw and Smackdown was sheer torture having to endure a good idea done horribly.

The concept should be simple. Create a new 3rd show, that showcases new, fresh, original talent. Simple, right?

Then, of course it's clear that making it a dumbed down reality show, version of WWE-'s attempt at a poor man's American Idol or X-Factor, and having them go through the stupidest shit imaginable in between the few and far between points where you actually let them wrestle is not how you do it.

Is WWE capable of being hands-off with any good idea and letting their talent.. well... be talented and do what they do, without coming up with some cockamamie "Pros and Rookie's" bullshit smothering the ability to let the newbies speak for themselves? No, apparently not. Although of course the absoute shit-biscuit of NXT had to be the female NXT. I feel bad for the 3 people that watched all of that.

But... in the end, of course, the biggest wrestling fail of 2010 doesn't even go to WWE, no matter how stupid that some of their concepts or their extreme anti-clamxes have been.

It clearly has to go to TNA. Because it's still an unwatchable clusterfuck. And has remained so through the entirty of yet another year of severe, weekly incompetence and the ability to manage or put on a reasonably decent wrestling program at all.

There's no possible way TNA couldn't win biggest fail of the year from me. WWE could, on one given night, potentially drop the WWE Championship to Shia LaBeouf. And that one horrific moment, couldn't overshadow what TNA's managed to fuck up for another solid year. :p

Bold prediction: If I do this again next year, I wouldn't be at all shocked if TNA walks away with it again. It would have last year, too.

The Westboro Baptist Church website: "God Hates Fags"

http god hates fags.com (Printed that way because I DON'T want to even give them a referral to this board by way of a hyperlink)

These guys really are a church. Insomuch as they've turned the art of trolling into a religion in and of itself.

Of course, they're really all severe assholes who actually believe this load of shit. The biggest fail of the internet is this site, just because they are actually allowed to maintain a server instead of it being taken down under cyber terrorism laws.

These guys are adept at "protesting" the funerals of dead US soldier's families, and trying to make a name for themselves by picketing comic-con, and whatever else they think they can get a reaction out of. These guys make the Church Of Scientology look mature and intelligent.

M. Night Shaymalin's "The Last Airbender"

When you can't even get the character's names from the source material right, you know you're in trouble. It also doesn't help when you knowingly hire a known hack that's already nosedived into sheer irrelevance before he even made this movie with such sheerly horrible turkeys like "The Happening" and "Lady In The Water" and hand over the keys to a huge film project like this.

In no uncertain terms, "The Last Airbender" is almost precisely, this year's "Dragonball Evolution".

Aside from being the lowest rated movie of the entire year, and surefire contender for the inevitable razzies, the film's sheer level of boring, complete unfaithfulness to the original material in competence, scope, dialogue, production and virtually every other aspect, makes this the biggest failure of 2010.

Also note that i'm including it over movies from this year like "Vampires Suck" and in fact, the Twilight series in general.

By far, the Tonight Show debacle. Over in the UK, i'm sure that most of you guys are despising your X-Factor show, but this was more than just a bad show. This was a huge television controversy that shook the Prime Time Programming world in the US to it's core.

Basically, Conan O'Brian got raped. Systematically and forcibly buttfucked up the ass by the combined might of Jay Leno's insatiable ego (who isn't been funny or humorous since the year 200Never), and chickenshit, backstabbing NBC execs who suddenly decided that it was ok to fuck off years of goodwill, promises, and in fact Conan's entire career because Jay Leno decided on the whim of reasoning known only to Jay Leno himself, who previously gave his ball to O'Brian and went home, to storm back in, and snatch it back and shove Conan back out on his ass.

Conan spent pretty much the rest of the year as a self-imposed wreck of a shattered man with his trust in the world destroyed and visably depressed.

Basically, no matter which way you feel on the issue, it was essentially like this:

Conan O'Brian = Bret Hart
Jay Leno = Shawn Michaels
The WWF = NBC
and The WWF Title = The Tonight Show.

Sure, there have been tons of bad tv shows. But in the whole american television world, it doesn't get much more fail than that for the year.

Justin Beiber.

that is all.

Justin Fucking Beiber. Someone kill it with fire, plz.

Barack Obama.

Now wait... hold on... Hear me out.

I honestly defended this guy for a long time at first. Viciously. I stuck my neck out to defend Obama from literally everyone I knew. Online, against the idiot Tea Partiers. And even my own family. Which resulted in a giant family fight that ended up with me almost being thrown out of the house. Yes, you read that right. And no, i'm not getting into the details.

Anyway, the point is. I believed in Obama. I really did. I wanted him in office. I desperately bought into the hype. But more than that, I really stuck my neck out for my own president for the first section of his presidency after election.

I thought the media was being extremely unfair to him. Exaggerating everything he did. Getting butthurt everytime he coughed. Using their own unfair racist views to try and undermine his authority out of fear of a black president. Making up this idiotic bullshit propaganda about him being a muslim terrorist invading our white house. Whining about what his wife wore. wah wah wah.

But I remained steadfast in my belief that Obama really was what he says he was. That he proved his intent for change with dedication, conviction and a desperate willingness to fix the absolutely broken state that this nation of mine is in and it's ecomony. That he wanted to take the reigns of Bush's destruction of the US and fix it, slowly but surely with hard work, and a belief that "YES WE CAN".

I believed in him, and defended the guy for the first 70% of 2010. I said "Look, it just started, give him some time to do his job. Obama won't let us down."

Then, Obama slowly turned out to be a stupid, lazy, useless, figurehead full of absolutely nothing but hot air and a homophobic, shit-stirring, media scapegoating, video game blaming fucker, who constantly says the stupidest bullshit imaginable, sticking up for a bunch of assholes that want to build a mosque at ground zero, and who also doesn't care about the country or it's citizens as much as he cares about sitting on his ass while turning a blind eye to the bush-ruined economy that he said he was so intent on fixing.

He sticks his neck out in matters he shoudln't be defending or bothering with like the Ground Zero mosque issue and even intervened on a issue of supposed racism brought about by a college professor only for it to majorly backfire and Obama looked like an idiot in the process by being horrifically ignorant of the actual issue before he knew the facts. When he should be more worried about the economy. But he's doing everything else other than take care of that, and it's all completly the opposite of what I'm pretty sure, we all wanted from him when we voted for the guy.

He's against the ability for people to live their own lives, he's surprisingly against civil rights or equal opportunity (Who saw that coming? I know I did not. For a minority who fought to be elected president against the odds to now be openly AGAINST civil rights? No excuse for that at all), and excuse me, but wasn't he elected because he promised he was going to save the economy? Wasn't he supposed to "change" the ruined landscape of the country that Dubya left it in?

Well, Obama hasn't done shit and continues to not give the slightest indication that he's remotely interested in doing shit. I was saying "give him time, give him time, give him time." I think it's been well more than enough time now for him to exhibit SOME level of care and yet... nothing. But aside from that, he just keeps ACTUALLY saying and doing things that keep pissing me off.

He's using video games as a scapegoat for the "problems of the youth today", he's taking that stupid-ass position that the media has to parent and police your children, so that you know... parents don't have to fucking bother with raising their kids, when it's the media's responsibility.. and against Gay Marriage?

What the FUCK MAN?? You're a black president in a country that faced stiff opposition to hold such a title or to even vote or have equal rights once upon a time. Someone who was told you can't have equal accepted rights, and now you can't even believe in nor defend the civil equal rights for OTHERS? Bullfuckingshit. I believed in this asshole??

Yes. I well and truly believed in this asshole. So did all of the US citizens, or at least the majority of us.

So, who does the fail go to for this one? Obama? It's easy to blame him entirely, right? I can't say the same thing I said about the Bush election. Because I NEVER liked him or supported him from day one. So at least I was able to say "I told you so" when that one occurred. But like an idiot, I suddenly got behind the first, next, bag of hot air that stepped in and talked a good game.

Dumb me. Now I know how the Bush voters felt. I scorned them from the get go for putting him in office. Now I feel like I owe them an apology and sympathize with them, because they honestly didn't know. They were led astray just like I now see I was, by the first guy to promise "he'd do better."

No. I don't completely blame Obama for Obama being a shitty president. Because we should have known better by now. We clearly have the bar set for shitty leaders in this country and have for a long time.

So, it's more of just a feeling of disappointment in ourselves again for getting suckered with empty promises for just some asshole that wanted to be president and gloat about the accomplishment of being such, instead of giving back anything to the people stupid enough (like me) to believe in the guy. He's a shitty president because we put him there. We gave him the title, and this time, I can sadly say I bought into it.

So, what IS the biggest news/political/current events fail? Me and everyone else getting suckered by a con-artist and having to swallow the bitter pill we didn't want to and admit that I and we were wrong. And we got excited and kept furthering the abusive relationship we have with our own corrupt-out-the-ass government and the constant wall of lies, secrets, incompetence and greed that we should be able to spot from a mile away by now but can't. Because the US Citizens all have collective battered wife syndrome, it seems.

Sure, on the other end we had Fuckface McCain and Sarah Failin'. Which isn't any better by any stretch of the imagination.

But just the fact that we actually cared about this election. Why?

Not that we voted for "the wrong one", but just because we hyped ourselves into thinking that THIS was gonna be the presidential term that mattered after we had already elected him previously. We would have been better off voting between two different bricks, rather than believing in one of the bricks as we did.

I'd say we all lost that bet. Even though the odds were 100 to nothing that no one would win.

Biggest political/current events fail of 2010? More like biggest overall fail of everything of 2010.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 am

Lol. I was thinking these were going to be quick one sentence answers, but you ended up ranting a Hell of a lot :P It's like you created this thread just to give yourself somewhere to rant about all the stuff you didn't enjoy this year.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:54 am

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
Lol. I was thinking these were going to be quick one sentence answers, but you ended up ranting a Hell of a lot :P It's like you created this thread just to give yourself somewhere to rant about all the stuff you didn't enjoy this year.

No, I really did and do legitimately want to see what other people's answers are.

And I wasn't even gonna answer my own post at first, but then I got bored and decided to go for it. And then... I got too wrapped up in it once I started. And it turned into a big old opinion blog article. >_> ehe. Sorry bout that.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 am

The Biggest Gaming Fail of 2010?

- Games getting delayed, time and again. Gran Turismo 5 until December from a February, then Summer, then Autumn, release date. Test Drive Unlimited 2 to 2011. I would also add the Smackdown .v. Raw online community as a collective gaming fail, because they are all fecking morons.

Not Survivor Series, but actually Wrestlemania 26. One watchable match on the biggest show of the year is unforgiveable. Even the Hall of Fame this year was awful. Honourable mention to R-Truth. Its a fail that they haven't sacked the useless shitarse

See gaming fail and the Smackdown community. Also Twitter, which I cannot see the point of!

2012. Sweet Jesus that film sucked ass.

Reality Television, such as the X Factor, I'm a Celebrity, etc. Oh and probably the Election debates.

Anyone thinking they can challenge iTunes right now.

Fox news covering anything at all. The Tea Party getting any traction whatsoever in being taken seriously by the media.

What really sucked ass about this year, according to you?

The coallition government.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Failures of 2010.   Biggest Failures of 2010. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Failures of 2010.
Page 1 of 1