CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Matt Hardy released from WWE.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Matt Hardy released from WWE. Empty
PostSubject: Matt Hardy released from WWE.   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:35 pm

And not a single moment too soon.

He's been incredibly lucky to have hung on to any sort of employment for a long time, and not just because of his recent behaviour. Lets face it, Matt Hardy really hasn't been relevant on the wrestling scene for several years. His ECW title run and small pushes were only a sop to keep his brother around the company, and a pay-off for the fact that his presence lured Jeff back in the first place. Even the feud with MVP relied on MVP carrying him

Matt has been out of condition and out of sorts as a wrestler ever since he started with those ludicrous tights with the key on the side - and actually probably some time before that to be fair. In fact, the last time he did anything worth talking about was during the feud with Edge, which was what 4 or 5 years ago?

His timing and execution these days are awful. Now I know some people will say that was due to him being disillusioned with the WWE and wanting out of a contract, so he wasn't trying. But personally I don't buy that. I think the simple fact is that in 2010 neither one of the Hardys are what they were in 2000. Time has caught up with the pair of them.

And as for his obsession with Twitter and Youtube, the least said the better, other than making yourself look like an absolute fecking tool every time you open your mouth is no way to get people excited about what you might do next.

Sadly I suspect he will get his wish and TNA will sign him, either to feud with Jeff or to partner Jeff in another of TNA's effort to warm up an old wrestling corpse which has long since turned mouldy and started to smell. He will no doubt post a great many promos about how he's free to work as he likes now, and then show up in the Impact Zone and work exactly the same plodding and unbalanced style he's worked for the past three years. Within 6 months.....No, more like 3... of his TNA debut no-one will care anymore, and he'll slip back down to mid-card obscurity.

The Hardys were a fantastic fantastic tag team in their heyday, but now Matt Hardy is really just an irrelevant jobber to the stars. WWE are, at this point, well rid of him.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy released from WWE.   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I remember the last few times I saw Matt Hardy wrestle, and I was genuinely worried about him due to his lack of conditioning. He looked tired within the first couple of minutes of his matches, and it was quite saddening to watch a wrestler who used to wrestle with such energy, now struggling to wrestle at all. I think he needs to take a serious look at his wrestling career of late, and consider either working hard to get back to somewhere near where he used to be fitness wise, or he should just retire from wrestling altogether. I have a feeling Dave is right though, and Matt will be in TNA within the next month or two, and be forgotten about by TNA fans within four or five months.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy released from WWE.   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Completely agree. Matt Hardy has been acting like the biggest fucking douchebag on the face of the earth lately, and i've blasted him severely over it. I've pretty much lost any and all respect I had for him.

Which is a shame, seeing as he was, in fact, the only remaining Hardy that I held any for, before that.

This is the first time in years that I can honestly say that a WWE release is entirely a great thing, and 100% best for the company and good riddance to him. He's going on an immense self-pity trip that comes off as actually incredibly creepy, deluded, and self-coddling trying to convince himself that his own failures at struggling to do his own job without blowing up, is somehow everyone else's fault but his. In his mind, it's always everyone else's fault that Hardy is sloppy, in terrible shape, out of breath, and unable to even remotely work a full match anymore.

He's misused, he's not respected, wah wah wah. It's this really overbearing "oh poor me" excuses and consistent whining about his own lack of direction projected on everyone else. Which is bad enough as it is without having to make separate accounts on the internet dedicated to whining, and playing out some personal creepy fantasy of his. And when it's difficult to tell the difference between a professional wrestler and an internet troll, that's sad enough, even looking past all of the piss-poor excuses that everything is everyone else's fault.

Recently, even Brian Kendrick has taken up the shoot offensive, blasting Hardy as a two-faced, douchewad, and I agree wholeheartedly with Kendrick. There's no reason for a full grown man like Hardy to act like such a deluded, self-absorbed child this way, and project his personal failures on others with flimsy excuses designed to help him sleep well at night.

The only downside is that of course, this isn't going to actually shut him up, either. Because pretty soon, he's going to TNA and anyone who actually watches that, is going to have to hear crap spewing from his festering cakehole any time now. And knowing TNA, they'll give him ample amounts of TV time soley dedicated to making himself look like a fucking imbecile some more, as well... and book him as some kind of heroic, tell-it-like-it-is savior and bastion of common sense, no doubt.

But then again, this is a product that's been shooting itself in the foot every 18 seconds anyway, so maybe in some cosmic sense, Matt Hardy and TNA deserve each other and is a match made in heaven. Which is all fine and good for me, since I can turn a blind eye to it and not be bothered in the least. :P

The full amount of tolerance I have for following TNA is watching TheSpoonyOne's "WrestleWrestle" show. His snark is the only way I can stomach the bad booking, and nonsensical crap. And I look forward to Spoony epically facepalming after Matt makes his triumphant debut there.

Anyway, yeah. Good riddance to Hardy. I'll look forward to removing him from WWE Universe in that game soon.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Hardy   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:13 am

I don't intend to remove him, but he's going to be the job boy to get new talent over. Reaper's first WWE match will involve Matt Hardy and a feck load of flaming tables.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy released from WWE.   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 am

Reaper wrote:
I don't intend to remove him, but he's going to be the job boy to get new talent over. Reaper's first WWE match will involve Matt Hardy and a feck load of flaming tables.

lol. Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good idea. I mean, usually Cena is my default whipping boy, but due to current events I think I am going to follow your lead and job out Hardy like a bitch whenever I get the chance.

Shit, I'm gonna job him out to Vance Archer. Owch. :P

Wait, no. First Vance Archer, then Shad, R-Truth, and then Gallows on my first couple of shows. Yeah. Get his rankings set as way, way down there.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Hardy released from WWE.   Matt Hardy released from WWE. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Hardy released from WWE.
Page 1 of 1