CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CM Punk... Nexus Leader???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:08 am

So yeah. Apparently CM Punk assumed control of the Nexus.

Not sure what I feel about that, really. On one hand I think the whole Nexus angle has already been severely damaged, possibly past the point of saving way before this happened, anyway. By the terrible booking of Survivor Series, and the fact that the Nexus potential as the 2010-current nWo has been wasted up to this point.

But CM Punk returning to active wrestling, and an assured main spot on the card for a while, not to mention an inevitable Cena fued down the road? ok. That's kinda nice I guess.

I just hope it doesn't barrel downhill from here as the Nexus angle has been for a while now, and take Punk with it. Maybe Punk is a strong enough force to make it work. Maybe. It was a cool surprise, I just hope it doesn't get old from this point.

Also, what does this mean about Barret? Again, does this show WWE's old ways of believing that a newcomer isn't capable of being a main drawing force as a champion or leader of a stable, so they need to throw an established superstar into the mix?

I dunno. I just hope that it's entertaining from this point, and they don't botch it up. I have to admit. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:31 am

It could work. If they have Punk assert his authority, work the angle and go for a nice build. Or they could go for the more recent wrestling idea of wham, bam, lets get on and do the next cool thing we thought about...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 am

alfheimprince wrote:
Or they could go for the more recent wrestling idea of wham, bam, lets get on and do the next cool thing we thought about...

Or in other words.. pulling a TNA.

Yeah. Unfortunately WWE has been occasionally pulling those out of their collective ass every now and then, lately. I hope to god they don't do it here.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 am

It's a general problem. They don't seem to have the patience to let something build for fear that the MTV generation will get bored. I'm sure that if they did give things a chance then they would get the reward.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Punk vs Cena has a lot of potential I think.

What with the Internet dandy taking on WWE's go to guy...it sort of the thing internet smarks have been waiting for there entire life. I'm not quite sure how Punk being in Nexus aside from the fact that he will probably just use the numbers game to his advantage. I'll give it another Raw to see how it starts to form together since this week was just the surprise of it all.

As for Barret...I have three theories on that....

Either he comes soon to feud Otunga for taking his group and giving it to Punk.

Or he just goes over to Smackdown to focus on a singles career.

Or a Wade Barret face turn as two former bitter enemies are forced to team up now to challenge a common enemy in Nexus.

Up until the whole Cena being fired fiasco I really liked Nexus/Cena. It didn't exactly matter that they were all a little green in the ring because they were all technically rookies anyways. I still like Nexus and if anybody could pull this angle out of the water its Punk.

I just hope WWE gives it a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 pm

alfheimprince wrote:
It's a general problem. They don't seem to have the patience to let something build for fear that the MTV generation will get bored.

That, and with Russo and Dreamer booking and Hogan and Bischoff running the show, while Dixie Carter stares off into space smiling vapidly letting it all fall to nonsensical hell, no one knows or cares what they're doing, either. Which is why the show is pretty much a mess of incoherency on a weekly basis and logic that a 4-year old could poke holes into like a screen door.

But yeah, that is half of it. This ADD style of booking these days.

When WWE still sticks to the traditional booking style, it may be old, but it works. However, even WWE keeps trying to hold to this "Anything can happen in WWE" concept literally by occasionally introducing things that they had no plan for and then trying to paint themselves back out of the corner they'd put themselves in a week later.

Wrestling today is sorely lacking in coherency and structure. Which is what makes it work, booking-wise, when you have a structure and you follow it, like any good scripted TV show worth it's salt.

I sincerly doubt shows like 24 would have gotten anywhere by being completely ad-libbed, just like a ship full of headless chickens won't sail. Razz I wish that wrestling bookers today would remember that wrestling works the same way.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 am

It also has alot to do with having a PPV every month.

They generally get four weeks between each one to build up a story for there main event and other matches. 4 shows is hardly enough time to ever build up decent feud. There always rushed and thrown together....it's amazing how well they did it during the Attitude era....

If they dropped down to a ppv every two months then they'd have more time to spend on performing a decent story.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:38 am

That is a factor, to be sure, but I don't think it has to be as bad as they make it. Yes, they have four weeks between PPVs but who's to say everything has to end at that one? You build over time, having clashes along the way.

When we did the WHWF stuff we had a feud between David and I that we built over time. First I dropped out of the Trinity. David seemed to accept that. I won the title. I was due to face a veteran getting another rub of the gold. David and Matt kicked the bejesus out of me. Next PPV we faced off. Each of our PPVs were done over four weeks of 'game' time so that's a build of twelve story weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk... Nexus Leader???   CM Punk... Nexus Leader??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CM Punk... Nexus Leader???
Page 1 of 1