CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You know, we could make a movie out of that...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

You know, we could make a movie out of that... Empty
PostSubject: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

Inspired by the mention of the Mario Bros film I'm going to ask which game you think derserves to go live action next.

I say live action because a number of them have already had anime or animated versions.

Personally I can think of two that would work straight off: Devil May Cry and the Zedla games.

I've actually seen a mock trailer for the latter and it worked. Pitched somewhere between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (sort of in the area that the Narnia films now occupy) I think a film with Link and Zelda would work. It's teen friendly and can be aimed at the family market.

Devil May Cry, meanwhile, would suit the adult market better. Dante would make an excellent movie hero: handsome, witty, brave and half-demon! They've even got the origin story there! I'd go with the original Dante rather than the DMC one, mind.

I would suggest Dragon Age, the game I'm playing at the moment. I will do a proper review of it at some point (I've played about ten hours of it). The drawback would be the familiarity of the subject matter. A order of knights with special powers wiped out by a traitor? Evil demons raising dark hordes? It plays to me but would it work on screen without seeming to be LOTR meets Star Wars???

So, any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 am

This is the Zelda trailer. It's fake, not official, and was done as something like an April Fools gag. It's still amazing quality when you think about that, though. I've seen actual movies with lower production values! (I'm looking at you, animals of Dominion...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKGehSw5ht8&feature=fvw
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 am

Devil May Cry is a good call.

Red Dead Redemption is an obvious one. Its like the ultimate classic Western movie, and if they kept the element of humour as well it would be brilliant.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are thinking of a Call of Duty movie.

I think another prime candidate would be Assassin's Creed. Whether its the original during the crusades, or the later stuff in 15th/16th Century Italy its a perfect fit for a movie.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am

Some good choices there, esp Red Dead and AC Smile
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:00 am

Comix Zone the film would be cool. I know I'm going back about fifteen years, but I've always liked that game.

Elder Scrolls would make a good fantasy film. I think if they base it off Morrowind of Oblivion, it'd be pretty awesome. Even better, a series of Elder Scrolls films based off each game.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 am

That would be good. With both Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls the only question would be how much the public are up for another big fantasy epic. They've had LOTR, Narnia and Potter. This would be slightly different but enough for the general, non-gaming public? Of course I'd buy a ticket to either one!

With Elder Scrolls do they go for a lead that appears in each one or, like in the games, have a different one each time? Morrowind actually had a better story to it than Oblivion (although the latter is the better game, graphics and stuff wise).
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:43 am

I'd be happy with a different lead in each film, but the general public wouldn't have the attention span to stay interested when introduced to a different main character in each film. So for the sake of modern society, it'd be best to have the same lead character in all the films, even if that's not how it's done in the games.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 am

That's what I was thinking. Goes back to something we said about wrestling, about getting people to watch. It would be nice to think that they could do films where they introduce new people every time. But I don't think they could.

That said it's not impossible to make a plausible tale out of the same character. Learning his craft in the first two, becomes the chosen one in number three only to lose his memory between Morrowind and Oblivion...

Bet they would pick a human character lead, though...mystic elf, argonian and khajit bickering for comic relief...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:23 am

I wasn't going to go into plot details. I don't get paid to plan out plots and such... Infact, you're not paying me at all! You stole my idea, and are going to use it as your own. I feel so cheated! Sad
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:24 am

That's the business, son, that's the business...*chomps cigar* Now, how can we get Leo in this? Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:27 am

Set it on a big boat that eventually sinks, or have a Shakespearean style script.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:37 am

I was thinking more about getting Marty in to direct... Of course, he'd have to work in gangs, New York and will probably cast Pesci as Thoronir...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am

If it was made like you said, with the character developing from training to mastery, you'd probably need to use a young actor who'll age as the films are made.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:53 am

Probably, although if they went elven then it changes things. I'm biased, though, as I'd like to see a Dunmer lead. But I still think they'd go human. So, yeah, you're probably talking about somebody around 18, 20 for the first one then develop over the course of the movies.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 am

alfheimprince wrote:
They've had LOTR, Narnia and Potter.

Yes, and were bored shitless by the first two. One was 9 hours of two twits walking to a volcano, and the other a bunch of simpering upper class no-chinned children who hide in a wardrobe and pretend to talk to an Irish lion while the entire audience begs it to savage the little bastards.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 am

No, you're right....they'd much rather have that little filmed experience of what it's like to be in the mob...*yawn*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know, we could make a movie out of that...   You know, we could make a movie out of that... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know, we could make a movie out of that...
Page 1 of 1