CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Photoshop help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The OC

The OC

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 pm

I seek assistance from the Photoshop Guru. Havent used Photoshop in like 5 years and i wanna get back into it. My first project i wanted to do was make a small sig saying "THE OC". Any and all help will be appreciated :)
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Well, I'm really not as good as most people who really know it forwards and backwards, or every little thing about it, but I've figured some stuff out over time. I often just mess around with options, and try to get what I want by figuring that stuff out. I'm far from an expert on it, though. :P Even i'm not great with the really advanced options.

What kind of help did you need, exactly? Making the words?

Like, I guess what I tend to do with text and logos and such, is to type out stuff with a good font with the text tool, and then go into "Layer" and then "Layer Style" and do stuff like put stroke around the text, make a drop shadow, or things like the bevel, gradient overlay, and stuff like that, for simple things.

When making logos, that's mostly how I do it.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:43 am

You know, I've got Photoshop on the Mac but I really haven't had the time to sit down and learn how to use it. I can do the basic stuff, but one of my aims over the Autumn is to actually sit down and properly learn to use it. For any graphic stuff I do now I find myself still using a really old version of Microsoft Picture It that I've got on an old laptop. Its what i used to do thew old TXA and CWA banner stuff with.

It may not be very advanced, but I know it backwards.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am

I've thrown a fair bit of stuff together on Photoshop, but I'm not that great with it. Last banner I did on it was for a Luchadore I used in an E-fed a while back.
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Well I spent a good three hours lol. What do you guys think of the new avatar?

EDIT: i also have this made but dont know what i'm gonna do with it yet

[img]Photoshop help TheOCSig[/img]
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:46 pm

That's quite nice dude. :D
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:05 am

I threw together a quick avatar in a few minutes so I didn't feel left out lol. Oh, and nice one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Photoshop help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photoshop help   Photoshop help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photoshop help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: