CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Drogoth
Mjolnir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:28 am

On Sunday January 30th 2011 the WWE presents its annual PPV curtain-raiser for the year, the Royal Rumble. A match which involves 30 WWE wrestlers entering the ring at regular intervals and battling until one man is left standing with a main event title shot at Wrestlemania.

As has become the tradition over the last 10 years, I shall again be running my annual Rumble prediction competition, and this is to invite you to take part in it. No money this year – just for fun and bragging rights.

The principle is very simple. You pick four numbers between 1 and 30, and these are your numbers for entrants into the 2011 Royal Rumble. You pick these numbers based on whatever you like, but supposedly they are your educated guesses on which number you think the winner of the Rumble will most likely enter.

More than one person can pick a number. I will only ask you to change a pick if you pick all four numbers the same as someone else who has already entered.

Depending on what your entrants achieve in the match, you will score points, and the person with the highest score wins.

Point scoring will operate in much the same way it has before.

• Your wrestler eliminated someone from their own brand (so for example John Cena eliminates Randy Orton as they are both on RAW) 1 point
• Your wrestler eliminated someone from the other brand (so for example Edge [Smackdown] eliminated Wade Barrett [Raw] 2 points
• Your wrestler eliminates someone currently assigned to neither brand – such as a surprise entrant. 3 points
• Your wrestler eliminates a current title holder – 1 bonus point
• Your wrestler places fourth in the match 4 points
• Your wrestler places third in the match 5 points
• Your wrestler places second in the match 8 points
• Your wrestler wins the match 10 points
• One of your wrestlers eliminates another of your wrestlers. LOSE 5 points.

My decision on the order of elimination and the person responsible will be final – though it will be based on WWE.com’s reporting in the event of a disputed elimination.

In the event that two or more people eliminate someone together, both will score points – unless it was obvious that the actions of one party were really responsible. For example, two men fighting on the ropes to eliminate a third. Both push him over, both score points. But one man fighting to throw another out, gets him over the top rope onto the apron, but then a dropkick from someone else sends him to the floor, only the person throwing the dropkick scores points.

If someone is eliminated from the Rumble but re-enters to throw someone else out illegally, they will be credited with the points.

These days with the brand split being less rigid, people do appear on different shows. However, wrestlers will be credited to the brands to which they are assigned on WWE.com.

In previous years you would also lose points for a wrestler eliminating their tag team partner. However, with only two or three established tag teams on the roster these days, it hardly seems worth it, so I have removed this penalty this year.

Title holders may change before the Rumble, but at the moment

WWE Champ – Miz
World Champ - Edge
IC Champ – Dolph Ziggler
US Champ – Daniel Bryan
WWE Tag champs – Koslov and Santino

If you want in, just message with the four numbers you pick.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 am

DS, I'll message you via work.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Ah I do love this timeof year, I do wish the RR wasnt PPV in the UK, its one I always loved watching.

I'll take 4 10 12 23 this year.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Here's my picks. 2, 13, 18, 27
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm

6, 21, 3, and 11.

For an added laugh, match these numbers up against the alphabet.

Yeah, i'm immature. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:42 pm

By the way, here's a tip, guys...

Knowing WWE's storylines and the way they tend to work often, statically speaking, you're more likely to win if you pick both 1 and 30.

Because WWE loves to make a big deal about the number 1 entrant sometimes winning, and also 30 is sometimes the last guy to enter and stands a good chance at the end.

Yeah, it all depends on how WWE wants to book it or be convenient for a cheap storyline, but there ya go. It's possible.

Even more so if your picks were something like 1, 2, 28 and 30. But those aren't my picks. Mine are above. I'm just giving you guys a heads up on how you can be a cheap bastard. Razz
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm

I picked my first number based on the number i can count up to. The other three were random keyboard bashings which resulted in numbers I'll never be able to count up to.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
I picked my first number based on the number i can count up to. The other three were random keyboard bashings which resulted in numbers I'll never be able to count up to.

Fair enough. I would never begrudge you for doing the best you can. *pats you on the head*
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:01 am

And if you believe the normal WWE PPV statistical bullshit, you should pick number 27 as well.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 am

Reaper wrote:
And if you believe the normal WWE PPV statistical bullshit, you should pick number 27 as well.

Don't give away my secrets!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 am

9, 10, 11, 12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!   Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble Sweepstake Competition!!!!!
Page 1 of 1