CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Empty
PostSubject: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 am

As you guys might now, I have a female wrestling character called Quadra. She was Super Weapon Kitty in the TXA. You might recall her. She had a bunch of laughs and a few good moments I really liked.

Well, since the TXA, I had reworked her into a character that wore different, bizarre changing outfits. I had even drawn up several of them. As a point of notice, all but one of them are completely unmakeable in Smackdown vs Raw. So is her hair.

Her gimmick now is that she's more of a character who is essentially a raver whose mind has basically degenerated into illogical mush and nonsense. She's basically fucking crazy.

For the longest time, it's been difficult to find the right music for her that's suitable. I ended up finding something that kinda worked (and I use in SvR11), but it was still too generic.

I always wanted something for her that was like a more modern version of some of the songs from that old 90's Belgian group, 2Unlimited, but with a more modern style and of course, not a song that's old. Because of course wrestlers usually promote new songs, not old ones from 14 years ago. Razz

The problem was there IS no new music being made anymore in 2Unlimited's style these days. That was until I found that two of the members actually REUNITED recently under the name "Ray & Anita" and even went on a short 2010 tour where they unveiled a new song. As it turns out, it's perfect for Quadra.... except.... there is no Studio version that exists, yet.

God dammit. BTW, it'd also be a lot better if this guy would shut the fuck up and stop talking over the song while this woman's trying to sing it. Razz

...anyway, I just wanted to mention how I finally found the perfect theme after all this time., and there's no Studio Version.

If they ever friggin' record one, expect this to be used for my Quadra character Razz

...but i'm sure no one cares. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 am

Here's an older song of theirs from about 14 years ago, though, that always had the kind of style i've always been looking for her theme song.

And yes, I admit I listened to this cheesy shit a lot in my younger days. I'm almost embarrassed of it now, but this is kinda of catchy, though admittedly obnoxious. Razz

Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 am

2unlimited? Holland's most dubious export? Oh lordy...Wink

Seriously though she sounds like Tyres from Spaced. Acid casualty and raver supreme!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 pm

I actually plan on writing a series of roleplays about those characters that will appear on that specialty match i'm writing, soon.

I just thought it would be fun to show where some of them are right now.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I think it's a gret idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

2 Unlimited?!? Oh my God, that is awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

First I went through a progressive and classic rock phase (Pink Floyd, The Who), and then a metalhead phase early on, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and ect.

I also admit I also went into listening to C&C Music Factory, Technotronic's Pump Up The Jam, and other techno artists from the area around the time, when i'd get rather tired of metal and guitars. (Even though it's clearly some of the cheesiest stuff I listened to. Razz )

Then later an assorted Europop faze, and so of course... then Mortal Kombat came out and that theme song was actually revealed to have been done by Dean Oliver and Praga Khan, I transitioned through the Mortal Kombat soundtracks for the first two films, I became more aware of KMFDM and Industrial Metal like White Zombie as well. (Even though I had listened to them and Ministry before I totally knew them).

Occasionally, I would cycle back through acts like Lords Of Acid, and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Juno Reactor, and Crystal Method.

Now, I think that it shapes a lot of what I know of music, in addition to the stuff everyone heard on MTV through 1987-1992.

So things like 2Unlimited really plays a small but important part in my taste in music, admittedly. It was a transitional taste that I still kinda like, somewhat.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 am

Oh, I also forgot to mention another huge "artist" I'm a huge fan of, obviously.

James Johnston. A.K.A: The WWE Music guy. Johnston was a huge mainstay of what I used to listen to a lot, since of course, he was making the music that wrestlers were coming to the ring to, for a long time. Razz

I love his music, because he had such a mind for a mixture of styles of course. But also as I also somewhat liked rap occasionally, too... He really has a way with beats and bass in his themes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....   Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quadra's New Theme......... Someday. I Hope.....
Page 1 of 1