CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A challenge is made...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

A challenge is made... Empty
PostSubject: A challenge is made...   A challenge is made... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is CXA!”

It’s Thursday, January 13th and it’s the latest CXA Reunion Show publicity junket. Unlike some of the previous one, however, this conference has gone for the big show. The full set. The lights, the action, the everything. New banners proclaim it to be officially CXA, camera men wait to film the event and a gaggle of reporters sit with baited breath for more information. Rumours and comments about the line-up for the show have been doing the round on the internet for months. The stars themselves have made reference to their own matches. Today, for the first time, CXA is making a full announcement.

Stood in middle of the show, like some modern day ring master, is Robinson Reunard. Reporter, announce, manager…Reunard has done it all. A veteran of the organisations being represented at the show as much as the wrestlers are Reunard is the current mouth piece for the show. Reunard has changed little since we last saw him. The hair is a little greyer but cut in a fashionable style. A leather jacket covers a black shirt, suggesting that while this man is corporate he likes to walk his own line. Slacks and a fine pair of leather shoes finish off the outfit…finish it off apart from the smug grin on his face.

“I’d like to welcome you to the start of a series of larger scale press conferences aimed at keeping you, the fans, in touch with what is going on. That’s right, folks, I’m here to let you in on the worst kept secrets about the matches coming up at our show in February. Between now and then these sessions will confirm the show, let you know of any changes to it and also confirm the stipulations for the matches. You won’t want to miss a minute of any of the junkets…I can assure you of that!”

Reunard throws open his arms, like some demented Barnum. The smug grin becomes an even smugger smile and Reunard, clearing feeling he deserves this moment, milks it for every last drop. Finally, he turns around and sits on the edge of the table, rather than behind it.

“I’d like to start by confirming various things you already know. Before I do, I’d like to remind you that this show is a living entity. It’s fluid. We know the wrestlers YOU want and we’re still putting the finishing touches to which matches will take place. Who will face off whom! But this is what we know so far…

First up, we have a match between Mike Rocket and Steve Awesome. Now, you know me…impartial to the end (wink) but I can help feeling that, as somebody I once worked with, Awesome might just have the edge in that one. But it’s sure to be a fantastic match!

Next, we have the return of the Soul Reaper, David Shand. I don’t know if you’ve been listening to the rumours – I have – but they suggest that Shand might just be getting his grrrr back! I hope so because in The Chio he’ll be facing one of the top drawers of wrestlers, not just today but in any era!

But what about tag team action, Robinson, you cry! Well, we haven’t forgotten that! We have lined up a match involving not only Paul James but also Shane Hunt taking on Out Cold and a partner of his choice. I know you’ve heard those Joxide rumours…well, who knows…(wink)

In addition to that we’re going to have a women’s match and are also keen to include the Cyde Brother, recently reconciled, in the show. Finally, there will be another chance to see the greatest phoney on Earth, Myron Fox, getting another of his famous beatings, this time from Rob Arnold. I like Rob, I always have. A wrestler of REAL talent, unlike his opponent. I don’t know about you but I’m rather looking forward to seeing Fox getting the beating he deserves…”

“I wouldn’t hold my breath…on second thoughts…do”

Reunard turns, looking behind him, and as he does a figure appears, clad in red and black. High, elfin boots lead to red, fish scale trousers, cut tight. This in turn appears to lead to a black top covered by a knee-length, scarlet, poncho-style hooded robe. The cowl of the robe is lined with golden sigils and symbols, like some arcane language. The figures face is buried in the cowl but we can see one gauntleted hand, one covered by a black leather glove with arms crossed the chest.

As the figure enters the view of the reporters the pack goes wild, snapping pictures, shouting out questions. The figure simply stands there, face behind the cowl. Saying nothing. Clearly agitated by the new arrival, Reunard calls and motions for calm and, after what seems like a lifetime, the reporters eventually listen.

“Myron Fox…I should have known you wouldn’t have been able to keep away from something liked this. Ever the spotlight grabber…”

“Hello, Robinson. It’s nice to see that you haven’t lost the ability to get things wrong. My name is now My-Ron Va-Rys Robinson Fox Novaar. I share part of my name with you but nothing else.”

Reunard sneers, obviously trying to regain control of the situation.

“It’s nice to see you too! I seem to remember the last time I saw you I was helping Steve Awesome, Homer Cyde and Jason Tarsh to bring about your downfall…”

The figure raises his gauntleted hand, pulling back his hood. A smile plays on the face of My-Ron, lined in silver lipstick. On the top of his head, holding back his floppy hair, is a silver circlet with a red jewel. Over his eyes Myron is wearing a black band with a red visor.

“Much time has passed since then, Robinson. The Cyberstar you knew isn’t the same one that stands before you. A prince has returned to claim his title. Atlantis has been reborn…in me!”

Reunard laughs out loud. A mocking, shallow laugh that sounds shrill to everybody who hears it.

“Prince of Atlantis? Plllleeeeeease! This is a worse gimmick than the Cyberbore or the Wimpire…”

My-Ron’s face remains calm, untroubled.

“This is not a gimmick…”

“Not a gimmick? You turn up claiming to be some fish prince...that you’re not even human…”

“I have said that I am part Quendi. Some human blood does run in these veins, although much, much more…”

Reunard walks over to My-Ron, getting a little closer but still keeping a distance from him.

“I beg to differ! I see you as much less. You know, of everybody in the WHWF, the CWA and TXA you were the one person that I thought didn’t deserve your success. You rode the coat tails of David Shand and got whatever title you won on the back of his, admitted success. You were, and are, a delusional dreamer who may, admittedly, have some skills in the ring but is overshadowed by the crap that he comes up with out of it!”

My-Ron looks amused again.

“Some might say something similar about you. That you are an overblown reporter who has dabbled in announcing and management. That you only do that to make up for the fact you never made it as a wrestler…”

Reunard’s face goes red with rage and it looks as if he’s going to explode.

“Shut up! I’m not about to have my moment in the sun ruined by some loser with pointy teeth who thinks he’s some sort of half-elf! Why have we got you on the show? What about Richard Porter? You know what the former Punisher is doing now? He’s in Hollywood, making films.”

“Adult films…”

“What about David Duffett? Doomsday? Gary Court? Why did you have to the one to get here? At least the Cyde brothers are back together. Jason Tarsh touted to help me with the show.”

“Living in the past, Robinson?”

“I said shut up! How can you say that when you’re doing this whole Atlantis bit? How much more in the ‘past’ can you get?

You know what’s going to happen, don’t you? At the reunion show? Rob Arnold is going to make mincemeat of you! Arnold is going to make you bleed, make you tap, make you cry and run away back to whichever stone you crawled out from! You should have stayed in the music biz, Fox, because this one is just going to lead to you getting HURT!”

My-Ron takes a step towards Reunard, cocking his head slightly as he talks to the Canadian.

“So full of bile…of rage…it’s always been a shame that your talent doesn’t match your anger! But I didn’t come here to debate your shortcomings, many though they are. I came here to talk about Rob Arnold…”

My-Ron turns to the press.

“Ladies and gentleman. You have heard the card, so far. You have heard the matches that are due to happen. You are perfectly able to make up your own minds about who is going to win. I simply ask you to consider the facts. I am My-Ron Va-Rys Robinson Fox Novaar. Last Prince of Atlantis. Cyberstar. Vampire. The future of wrestling and hero reborn…”

“And the biggest cure for insomnia going!”

My-Ron ignores Reunard.

“I am what you all aspire to be. Something more than human. Something better. A prince amongst men. I ask you to consider what I have done. What I will do. What I have reclaimed!”

Reunard looks as if he is going to speak again but Fox silences him with a glance. The Last Prince is clearly in no mood to be interrupted now.

“This February I will undertake a ritual that will finish what I have started. That will complete my ascension to the true nobility of Atlantis. I will perform a rite that binds me to the traditions of my Quendi ancestors. As their warriors did before me, I will take in the necessary spirits to ensure that my victory over Rob Arnold is not only a reminder of who I was but who I am!”

Reunard can clearly take no more.

“I’ve had enough of this dung heap! I have never heard so much claptrap in my life! Rituals, princes, Atlantis…I”

My-Ron spins, grabbing Reunard by the throat.

“Silence! If I wanted your thoughts I would ask for them. They are not required. Not relevant.”

My-Ron releases Reunard. The latter looks upset but takes a step back. My-Ron turns back to the reporters.

“Rob, the ball is now in your court. I have said what I’m going to do. I have assumed the mantle of The Prince. Which mantle will you take? What type of match would you like? Who is Rob Arnold now?”

My-Ron drops his eyes then brings them back up. A genuine smile sits on his face. As he smiles, My-Ron takes off the visor and we see his eyes for the first time. They are silver, cat-like.

“Rob Arnold…Infinity’s Gaze is upon you…What happens next is up to you…”

My-Ron turns and leaves a stunned Reunard alone with a barrage of questions….
Back to top Go down

A challenge is made...
Page 1 of 1