CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friday morning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Friday morning Empty
PostSubject: Friday morning   Friday morning Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:03 am

Friday morning, 6.20am. A couple of half-eaten slices of toast rest on a plate next to an untouched glass of water. I reach for the remote. I click the fast forward button. Get the DVD to a certain point again...

"At CXA Reunion, you will see first hand what it means to be me, to face me. You will see first hand why no matter how much you hide behind your illusions that eventually you will be caught up with, and you will be exposed. Oh Myron, I hope you do have a magic wand because believe me, you will soon be needing it to get you out of this mess!"

Rob turns away from the camera and begins to walk away.

"Your best hope is to turn to escapology if you ask me!"

The picture fades out again. I realise that the smile I had before is getting wider. It's expanding each and every time I watch it. Every time I hear one of Arnold's lines it just keeps getting bigger.

It's working.

I rewind again, watch the bit where Rob calls me a fish prince. I laugh at the fact I used that line at least two months ago. At the fact David as used it since. At the same accusation that I'm a fake.

I get up, stretch away the kinks. Ignoring my breakfast I walk over to the window. The one with the best view of the Hollywood Hills. The smile is still there.

Some people would say that this is the perfect place for. That here, in Hollyweird, I'm just another wannabe. That I'm a Prince amongst fakes. That this is my spirtual home.

I'd argue about Tokyo, of course, but they'd have a point. But not the one they are usually trying to make. They have always thought I was a fake. From the likes of Arnold, who see smoke and mirrors. To David Shand. Oh, David knows this runs deeper but, still, I sometimes still get the lectures about how my talent it hiding behind the make-up.

I stretch again. It's nearly time to start worming out. For my plans to work I need to be in the best condition I can be. I may not have wrestled as consistently as some of the years but I've always tried to keep myself ring ready.

I walk down the stairs to my gym. As I do thoughts slowly make their way through my head. I think of a rumour I've heard about Chio and Arnold meeting up. The Pretender and The Fool, I called them. I still believe that.

Chio is desperetly trying to prove he's in David's league. It's happened before. My thoughts go back to the CWA. To a time when I held both belts. Following my time in The Trinity I had formed a new trio with Joanie Lee and Craig Gelsthorpe, back in his Surgeon days. The Virus.

Even then, when I was tagging with Joanie, I could see she still had some crazy obsession with David. With proving herself against him. A lot of people have. Even his own brother...

I brush away that thought. It's for another time, another day. No, the rumour I'd heard put Arnold and Chio meeting up somewhere like Torquay, Dawlish. I don't remember exactly. It doesn't matter. What did is the fact they were meeting up as far removed from Hollyweird as you can get.

I start my warm-up, a gentle paced start to make sure the muscles are ready. I'm always try and stay at my ring weight. Two hundred and twenty five pounds, two hundred and fifteen. It always depended which division I was wrestling in.

The work out reminds me of something else that Rob had said. About how his work ethic would beat my smoke and mirrors. Something like that. I smiled again. I pondered for a moment if he really thought that his 'ethic' was any more than mine.

I remembered back to a promo they aired on WWE a while back. It was HBK, the Showstopper, Shawn Michaels. One of the most colourful wrestlers to ever lace up boots and one of my own inspirations. It showed his work out. How much he put into it to stay in peak condition. When you think of all the great matches he had it paid off.

The thought of Shawn Michaels triggers another Arnold related thought. About how he'd got his smile back. Another rumour. I find myself grinning again. I don't know about Arnold but he'd certainly put one on my face.

I end the warm-up, get down to the serious stuff. Serious...a word not many people associated with me. Unless it was put after the words overly for some of my promos. I didn't care. I might have one day but I'd moved way beyond that.

Let people think of me as some sort of illusion. Let Arnold think that no one buys into me anymore. Let Rob think anything he wants.

At the end of the day I've been very serious about this. About my plan. At Reunion Rob was going to find out just how serious that could be...
Back to top Go down

Friday morning
Page 1 of 1