CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Empty
PostSubject: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm

I am honestly astonished at the current season of Tough Enough. I havn't been a big fan of the seasons in the past but this season is turning out immensly well.

In fact, I would go so far as to say this is currently the most entertaining product that WWE is turning out right now. This, especially, succeeds in every possible way where NXT fails miserably.

So for anyone who has seen the first three episodes so far, what do you think of these guys and the eliminations and their chances?

If you havn't seen it but figure you have the time to check it out, here's the three episodes so far:

---EDIT: THE WEBSITE I PREVIOUSLY LINKED TO HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN BY WWE. I'll try to find somewhere else to find TE.

Honestly, I can see this coming down almost entirely to Martin and Luke. Although I am seriously wondering why Rima is still there. IMO, she should have been gone a long time ago and she's been saved only by the virtue of luck. ESPECIALLY in week three.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this season, where it's been so far and where it's going? I can't be the only one of us that's liking this, am I? Razz

Last edited by NightStarX on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 am

Good man for posting the links! We don't get the series here in the UK and I've really been wanting to see it, so with the Easter weekend coming up, I'll sit down and watch these tomorrow. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 am

Just watched the three episodes.

Great shame Matt Cross got cut so early, because from a technique standpoint he is way ahead of the others, and (having seen him wrestle on shows here) I know he can do amazing things. The thing is, had he started to bust out shooting star elbow drops and the like, they'd probably have cut him for showing off and not concentrating on the basics.

I think there's a lot of decisions being made for "other" reasons on this show. I think Cross was cut because the WWE likes to send the message that Indy darlings aren't worth anything because they haven't worked for WWE. I think Miss USA is still around because of the perceived publicity she brings the programme because of who she is. Clearly she should have gone.

Very please Mikael went home. The kid was a complete asshole.

Luke is good, but he needs to stop being quite so sure he knows everything.

Its a very good series though, and completely blows NXT out of the water. Its nice to give people even a small insight into what goes into being a wrestler and how hard they have to work. I'v heard the horror stories from Matt about training, and these guys aren't necessarily having it as hard as some trainers would push them. But you have to respect anyone that's gone through it and come out the other side.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:55 am

By the way, Shand... weren't you impressed with Ryan's "promo"? I know I sure as hell was.

He was being kind of a slacker, not taking it that seriously, and lagging behind... but then, all of a sudden something lit a fire under his ass and he just lit up and shoved Mikael's face right into his own shit, there. Most surprising moment so far, that was.

I would love to see him continue that. I don't see him making it all the way, but I do see him doing decently well if he can keep up that passion that he learned that night.

Oh yeah, I find it interesting you didn't mention the first one cut? Adrian, or whatever her name was.... Where did they even dig her up from??

By far, funniest moment on the show:

Austin asks her what her favorite match is. She replies "Melina vs Alecia Fox."

And then Austin just shoots her back the most "are you fucking serious?" death stare in the history of ever.

Then she admits she just started watching WWE THE PREVIOUS FLIPPIN' WEEK and must have decided "Durrp I can do this."

I admit. I laughed my ass off. Laughed it right the hell off. That woman had no fucking respect for the business whatsoever, and flopped around like a fish in the desert. Good riddance. Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 am

Er, if she has no respect for the business then what does that mean for the people that put her on the show?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 am

The first thing I thought about Ryan was "He looks like the love child of Owen Hart and Christian Bale". But yes, his promo to save himself was excellent and if e can bring that energy to therest of the contest, he could do very well.

I didn't mention the first elimination because honestly, I didn't think she was worth mentioning. She clearly didn't have the first clue about the business or anything in it, and saw it as just a modelling job and chance to be "a star". She didn't quite seem to realise that while people like the Bellas may be awful in the ring, it still takes some degree of effort to even get to that stage.

But yes, the look on Austin's face was priceless.

I think they deliberately throw in a couple of complete no hopers just to make the point and make for good tv of them showing from the start that it's a serious competition. Obviously they also want someone worse than Miss USA (who is at least trying).

BTW, interesting circle to today. Started it watching Steve Austin train people, and I'm now watching World of Sport wrestling from the 1970s featuring Gentleman Chris Adams - The guy who trained Steve Austin!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:34 am

BTW, Mike, do please keep posting the links to the episodes.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:10 pm

All of the new ones should be appearing here after they air:

http://wwe-tv.com/forumdisplay.php?28-WWE-Tough-Enough

Next episode due on the 25th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.   Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tough Enough. I am honestly loving this.
Page 1 of 1