CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mid Cardy fired from TNA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Mid Cardy fired from TNA Empty
PostSubject: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:18 am

Yes, Matt Hardy has been released from his TNA contract, due to an incident which involved him being tanked up to the gills and crashing his car into a tree. Hardy was already under suspension from the company due to his drug and alcohol abuse, and had recently finished a stint in rehab, declaring himself clean and "ready for a new beginning".

That'll be a new beginning at a job centre then, will it?

Honestly, how low is that man going to sink? Being fired by TNA for substance abuse? Half the roster rattle when they walk. They sent Jeff out to a main event when he was stoned out of his tits. But somehow Mid Cardy manages to find a new low.

So what now? WWE won't have him back. ROH wouldn't welcome him. Japan isn't his style. So it's bingo hall Indy promotions then. That or he'll be dead before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 am

Back in the day it always seemed as if Matt was the one who would follow the straight and narrow. Not as high flying as his brother, not as over with the fans as Jeff. But he seemed less likely to have Jeff's 'falls from grace'. Now, Jeff isn't actually covered in glory at the moment but Matt seems to have overtaken him in the shame stakes. Sad because, back when he was in the Hardyz, Team Xtreme and Matt Hardy Version 1 things looked good.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 am

Yup, as recently as about 2 or three years ago, you'd have still put money on Matt Hardy having a solid career. He was perhaps never destined to be main event, but he was a solid worker you could throw in there to have a decent mid-card match.

And now its all just blown up in spectacular fashion.

The Hardys are a really interesting study, because everything happened in such a short space of time. Its only been 12 years since they really broke through, and now both their careers are dead in the water.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:11 am

A bizarre fall from grace indeed. I guess him and Jeff could do guest appearances at small shows somewhere. After seeing a pissed-up Scott Hall being assisted to the ring and given a microphone to cut a promo I'm sure the Hardyz can still score a gig somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 am

I'm sure they will. They are ex-WWE and TNA. Jeff is a multi-time world champion. So they will still get gigs. It's just sad they have ended up like this.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 am

Oh there will always be shameless promoters out there willing to make car crash bookings. Be it Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, or now the Hardys, if you have any sense of a name, and are willing to whore out your dignity, someone will book you.

Wrestling is a business which just consumes people, especially those with certain character flaws. The problem with the Hardys is that they both broke into wrestling young and got into the WWE quickly. Jeff was just 21 when they won their first WWE tag belts, and they were regulars on TV for a while before that. Neither really had the maturity I think to deal with the situation, and the WWE environment doesn't encourage anyone to really grow up. You live an irresponsible life with no commitments and get smoke blown up your ass about how great you are. Meanwhile every temptation is offered on a plate. Easy to see how people can make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

Totally agree. I remember seeing Jake in the wrestling doc that they later replicated in The Wrestler. Amazingly sad given what he could do in the past.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Jake is probably one of the biggest tragedies in wrestling. He didn't have the greatest body o th greatest matches, but he had such incredible charisma and drama in what he did. Jake could direct more venom and hatred, more sense of threat and evil, in a 5 minute promo where he never raised his voice once than most men could do with a year of shouting ad hollering.

He had a tremendous mind for the business as well. Always say if you could somehow get Jake clean, Raven clean, Foley, Heyman, and Regal together as a booking committee with Vince overseeing the rows and providing talent and money, you'd have the greatest wrestling company the world had ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:39 pm

I loved Raven's work. In a world of grunters and growlers his mike work really were a class above. Sure, his gimmick also played well with me but he did have some very good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Anyone seen Hardy's latest YouTube video? He wanders around his wrecked house claiming it's been messed up by a ghost, and then claims that the accident he had was caused by swerving to avoid a bus filled with schoolkids.

He really really is off his bloody head.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:30 am

Not seen any of them.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 am

God fucking dammit, Hardyz.

Stop making me embarrassed that I was ever a super mark for your tag team days!
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 am

Myron, you really ought to check them out.

Embarassed for his tag team days? I've got a personally signed photo of the guy on my wall - or at least I have until the weekend when I'll take it down and replace it with something else. I'll just keep the ones of the Warrior, and Vince and Shane together, up.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 am

Yeah. Part of me wants to respect the way he was. But I reckon I will give in and watch them!

Don't blame you. Didn't you have one of the Trips/HBK/Chyna DX? I always liked that one. Or Raven.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 am

I am in the minority on this, i'm sure....

But I have never once been a fan of Jeff Hardy's solo career from day one.

I never felt the guy could talk to save his life, I don't even see this so-called "charisma" that other people claim exuded from the guy, outside of his wacky, flippy hand gestures and facepaint, which were kind of cool at times.

And most notably, I don't even think he can reasonably work a match to save his life, either without either a high platform to jump off of to serve as a photo op, or a tag partner to let carry half his match for him.

But whenever he wasn't in WWE tag matches with his brother Matt, I was bored to tears by him, and never once thought that he ever worked as a solo competitor.

That having been said, I LOVED.. LOVED LOVED LOVED The "Hardy Boyz" as a combined entitiy. Particularly "Team Xtreme" who I marked out for. I wanted to be part of the "Team Xtreme". They were everything that I thought was cool and badass. These were the guys that I would have been marking out for like a 10-year old Hulkamaniac or Cenation kid does today.

In fact, the only moves Jeff ever did that I thought were worth anything were his innovative tag team moves. Whisper In The Wind and the Leapfrog Splash to me were even better than the Twist Of Fate (a move I always thought that Matt put more into anyway.)

And Jeff works best in a match when he can tag out and keep the flow going with someone else.

To me, one of the best WWE teams of all time was the combined forces of Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy and Lita. Their entrance was solid, and to me, captured all of the excitement and electricity as The Ultimate Warrior's powerful entrance, their entrance video, their entrance theme (one of my faovirtes for years... they could even make production music seem iconic) and their matching clothes styles, which I thought were the hippest and coolest style ever, and all three of them were just perfect in equal measure.

I honestly never felt that any of the three ever made as much of an impact apart from each other, aside from Matt Hardy and his Version 1 gimmick, which I thought was the closest thing to a breakout gimmick as any of them got. Which of course, got old after a year.

But as soon as Jeff Hardy started competing solo, I instantly saw him as an immensely overrated spot monkey who just couldn't take the Team Xtreme gimmick and properly convey it all by himself. I never once agreed that he deserved the push he'd gotten from that point. He just didn't have it.

I felt he needed the strength of the other two, and without his brother and Lita as their mascot of sorts as an iconic team, he was naked without them and it never worked for me.

Then when he started slagging off his responsibilities, lost his heart, no-showed and was fired, I figured it was all just as well, since he just didn't have it anymore.

I Never understood why the crowd loved him so on his own, and was twice as flabbergasted when they took him back. Let alone when they took him back again and again after doing this to the fans of his solo career again and again on multiple occasions. I've never seen a guy let down everyone so many times, and they keep taking him back when really everyone knew he would just disappoint, again, and always did.

Jeff Hardy isn't even a guy that keeps making different mistakes, rather just the same mistake again and again. And everytime he shows up, he gets a cheer. Why? I can't understand it.

Again, and again and again, it would prove to be the same story with him. After he blew his first chance I was done with the guy (since I never bought his solo career from day 1), but after blowing 5 chances since, including 2 of them at even TNA, his continued presence in the business just irritates me, now.

But then.... I always go back to remembering Team Xtreme and how I so wanted to BE part of that, myself. And I feel embarrassed that I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

A lot of early face Mike Rocket in the original CWA (before I developed his "arrogant, angry hateful, petulant asshole" persona) was actually based directly on the style of the Hardyz, including the devil may care attitude, the use of the letter "X" in his persona, the cargo pants, and red or black shirts.

So, at one time, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and Team Xtreme were very important to me and I looked up to them as role models.

Now, when I look at Jeff Hardy and his brother, "Role Models" is absolutely the furthest thing from my mind as possible.

Even though I have disliked Jeff for years, I held out lots of hope for Matt. I always thought of him as the "responsible, good brother with the better work ethic."

Then, this. His appearance in TNA, the fact that he's just as much of a burned out, drugged up lost cause as his brother, and how this batshit insane story of wrecked cars, ghosts, and shit...

Never before have I ever gone from "Wrestlers I looked up to and wanted to be", to "Wrestlers I utterly despise and can die in a hole for all I care" this harshly before, and when I watch their classic Tag Team matches in things like my favorite wrestling match EVER... the TLC Match at Wrestlemania X-7, I can only look back on it with pain and sadness.

To me, watching an old Hardy Boyz match today, is kind of like watching a Chris Benoit match. I can't have fun with them, anymore.

Not even Hogan, I feel has fallen as low as Matt and Jeff have to me, because while I was never exactly a Hulkamaniac, I was so much of a mark for Team Xtreme, that parts of it, even remain today as Mike Rocket. The "X", the clothing style, and parts of his movest, including the old "Rocket Time" maneuver being The Side Effect.

One could even say this might be unintentionally, in the back of my mind, why I sometimes depict Mike Rocket as a bitter wreck of a loser in the current day. I never actually intended that to mirror what I think of either Hardy today, but come to think of it, I really don't seem to depict Mike Rocket postively, or which much gusto anymore. I never really thought about it, but in the back of my mind, it might be why. Mike Rocket has about 30% Jeff and Matt inspiration in him, and today, I couldn't care less about either of them.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:56 am

According to reports this morning, Mid was rushed to hospital last night after "falling" in his home.

No indications at this time what cause him to fall.......

......No, of course not.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 am

I heard he tripped down the stairs, causing such a huge crash that the homeless bum injecting heroin outside was so surprised he inadvertatently threw his needle into the air which happened to fly through Mid's porch window and land in his forearm vein, and remained there until paramedics arrived. Poor Mid, he really does have the worst luck.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

When I think back on it, it's kinda like The Rockers, if both members of the actual tag team became Marty Janetty.

...if Marty Janetty had serious drug issues, anyway.

Actually maybe that's a bad comparison.

I think it is. Nevermind. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Cardy fired from TNA   Mid Cardy fired from TNA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mid Cardy fired from TNA
Page 1 of 1