CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War 3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 am

Sweet Jeebus that game is fecking awesome!!!!

I know the Gears games were always graphically incredible, but this really does blow everything else out of the water. There are certain scenes and certain shots which are just jaw-droppingly good. I've spent some time recently playing Deus Ex: Human Evolution which the entire world seemed to love, but which I found decidedly average. Moving to Gears is like moving to the 360 from an original XBox. The graphical detail, the depth of field and focus, the scope, its just incredible.

It also plays incredibly well. I always loved the Gears play mechanics, the way you can genuinely opt to play in either close in battle or stand off long-shots. I'm really pleased they have kept all the familiar weapons and that style of play for the third one, so I can still use the same tactics with the sniper rifles that I liked to use before. It absolutely succeeds where the last two COD games have failed for me in creating intense action sequences whilst still giving you some degree of understanding of what's happening and being in control. I absolutely love this game.

I've just reached a certain point in the game which concludes with a cinematic which may be the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen in a video game. Just jaw-droppingly beautiful.

When the original was released I rated it a 10 and said I didn't see how it would be improved. Then 2 came along and it was better and I thought that must be the pinnacle. Now 3 has come along and its just like the volume control suddenly goes up to 11.

Gears of War 3 blows everything else into a seriously cocked hat.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 am

I played a bit of it at the weekend, seemed pretty good. I'm just not a big fan of shooters as I've probably said before. I doubt I'll buy it, I still got a backlog of games to play, currently Final Fantasy 9. I got to say it did look really impressive graphic-wise. I just tend to bore of shooters after a while
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

I'm not the greatest fan of shooters but I'll take a look. All my attention is on November 11th though...Wink
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am

Shooters are hit and miss with me. Some, like Gears and Rainbox Six, I love. But I hated the last two Call of Duty games, didn't like Bulletstorm, and as I say didn't like Deus Ex.

Myron, I think you would like Gears for the storyline aspects.

As far as future games are concerned, it's all about mid-October and Forza 4 for me. Then WWE12 in November. Secondarily, Arkham City in late October.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Arkham City is looking fantastic visually. The slightly noir has always played well with Bats.

I will get WWE 12 at some stage but probably not when it's first released, with it being Skyrim month. Will check out Gears at some stage.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:18 pm

I still haven't played Arkham Asylum, I've had it for ages! I'll have to give that a shot if I ever get round to completing FF9 first, up until WWE12 is out and I rinse that for a few months Very Happy

Has anyone ever played Fallout 3? If so what did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 pm

I have and it's a fab game. I keep meaning to go back and give that and New Vegas some more love! It is to the Elder Scrolls series what Mass Effect is to Dragon Age so if you're a fan of ES you'll more than likely like the FO3.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am

Finished Gears 3 today. Fantastic game.

Mate of mine who used to be into wrestling but now retains just a peripheral interest in discussions asked me the other day if there was a wrestling game worth getting for him. I recommended All-Stars. He bought it and absolutely loves it. Really hope the WWE consider a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:10 pm

I've got Fallout 3 but I couldn't get into it. I got to Rivet City I think. I thought the story of New Vegas would get me into it more. I'd LIKE to like it... I know people that just hibernated to play that game for days on end so I'm sure I could spend a while on it staying in in the evenings. It's money saving time for me, I might be a busy boy next year
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 am

Saving for bail, eh? Wink

I liked both of the games. My faves still stand at Morrowing and Oblivion but that's because I'm a fantasy fiend and you get to play elves in them! Plus I'm not as good at shooting as slashing with a sword.

Like I said, Skyrim is the one for me. I like the look of El Shaddi, which gives you the role of Enoch taking down fallen angels. I went to a religious school (yeah, they failed BIG time...) but I don't remember him a) being a six foot plus Greek god with long flowing blonde hair b) packing a magic sword, ring and gauntlets that literally give him the ability to punch with the fist of God!

Will probably pick that up when it's cheaper. We want Mass Effect 3 and I'll take a look at DMC (the new Devil May Cry game). Plus, when it's cheaper, the new WWE game.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 am

I'm very undecided about Mass Effect 3. I really liked ME2, though I've not felt the need to buy the extension pack, but I hated ME1.

After the few coming out before year end, I think I'm going to cut back next year and buy fewer games. Look for ones that I'll go back and play for longer periods of time, like Smackdown (or WWE12) and Forza (3 and hopefully 4)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:52 am

We liked both games, although we both agreed that ME2 was the much better game.

Skyrim and DMC are the two I will look to buy when they come out. The others I will wait until the are cheaper. I've got plans in my head that need funding! So it'll be bargain o'clock when I can!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 am

Quote :
Saving for bail, eh? Wink

Lol not quite... Next winter (their summer) I'm hoping to do another South American sprint for a month or so. Also planning to go to Zimbabwe in the summer for 2 weeks with my friend who comes from there. It's pretty dangerous business (Zimbabwe) but he's got rich family over there so we'll be okay. They said we can borrow some of their cars too, then my mate wants to go to Victoria Falls & rent a houseboat for a week. His sister went there for two weeks earlier in the year. She reckoned for spending money you'll need about £50/week Very Happy god bless hyperinflation!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:17 am

Just to go back to one of David's posts from earlier here...

If THQ actually ignores the massive success of All-Stars and doesn't produce a sequel next year, that is absolutely the most short-sighted mistake of a move they could possible make.

I can only hope that the All-Stars reissue on the Nintendo 3DS however, means that they continue to have enough faith to build on it for a 2nd installment.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 am

Haven't they got that other crappy looking scrolling beat-em-up thing coming out first?

And Jordan, Zimbabwe? Oh yes, well known as a relaxing holiday destination! Why don't you do a two centre trip and get a time share in Somalia?

I'm planning another Scotland trip next year. Now I've got the new car I'm planning a road trip jaunt, taking in the Lake Distrct on the way up, then some of the Western isles of Scotland, then across the top through Speyside, and then some of Northumbria (inc. Lindisfarne) on the way back down. 2-3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 am

Mjolnir wrote:
Haven't they got that other crappy looking scrolling beat-em-up thing coming out first?

Actually, I think i'm starting to have my doubts on the validity of that footage of "WWE BRAWL". Here's why...

It has actually been customary for a long time for developers to "pitch" a presentation of a game using mocked up footage, to be shown privately as an internal company test to show to investors. Mostly to sell their potential ideas off.

There have been such mock-up demo footage of other games, animated simulations of what it would look like, that have come and gone from the SNES and Genesis days to recent days of PS3 and 360 concepts... some have even been discovered and leaked online, on prototype gaming websites over the years.

Parts of WWE Brawl looked to me, to be computer animated by artists as a proof-of-concept. Also adding to this theory is that the video was originally marked as unlisted, and the link, that should have been private was later discovered, and subsequently deleted by THQ and hasn't been seen again, since.

Of course the game still might be going ahead, but I'm starting to think that was one of those private videos made to pitch the concept internally by THQ through their channel to show to their producers.

Either way you look at it though, fan reaction after it being leaked was ceaselessly negative, so I hope that THQ noticed and took the hint, to be honest.

Also, I recall in the THQ fan-polls, them asking the community whether or not they would like to see Xbox Arcade/PSN Downloadable titles in the future, so it could as well have been a concept for that, as well.

There's a chance that it really is their next new game, or that it might have just been a possible pitch idea, or a downloadable, non-full title... but either way, it pretty much sucks the business end of the crapsicle stick, and I personally hope it doesn't see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 am

We can only hope you're right and its never going to see the light of day.

Ok, so, in the words of Scott Hall "Yo, survey time"...

If they made WWE All Stars 2, who would you want in it?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

Remind me who was in the first one, DS.

Jordan, fine plans. This year I'm thinking small. Nostell Priory in October, York in November and then Lincoln Xmas market and London in December. But on the longer term planner I want to visit my friend Jackie in Hollad, a bit of a mini tour of the States and, at some point, Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:53 am

Honky Tonk
Dibiase
Dibiase Jr
Dusty Rhodes
Cody Rhodes
Warrior
hogan
Savage
Piper
Austin
Rock
Jake Roberts
Taker
Kane
Show
Andre
Kofi
Morrison
Sheamus
Bret
Shawn
Cena
Rey
Mark Henry
Michael Hayes
Trips
Bossman
Steamboat
Eddie
Slaughter
Randy
Punk
Miz
Perfect
Snuka
Edge
Swagger
McIntyre

Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 am

Oh, and LOD, Lawler, and Jericho.

Personally, I want to see Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow, Demolition, Vader, Sid Justice, Bulldogs, Razor, and the Mountie. That's just for starters.

Dudleys, Hardys, Tazz, RVD, NAO, and Angle would also be good. But less likely perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:14 pm

I'd like to see the Hardyz in there but I can't see it. Jeff might get a look in but no chance of Matt. Angle would be an obvious one but I'm guessing unlikely too.

Can't fault any of your choices. I'd like to Nash and Hall in there. A possibility if they are going to do a new nWo...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Well big Kev is in WWE12 of course.

Thing is, the first one has one of tbe strongest rosters ever for a WWE game IMO. Hard not to want most of those guys back.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Agree. Though I would like to see them chop Rey...in two with a broadsword!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:02 am

I'd be quite in favour of that. I wish he was around at the moment so that Mark Henry could destroy him. I've really grown to dislike him over the past couple of years.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:05 am

There may be reports that Mysterio is being a constant nagging bitch backstage...

But I think his worst crime is his in-ring performance. While not terrible, he is a shell of the former Mysterio he used to be.

Rey Mysterio in the ring, is only passable. And he tries to shoot for nothing over passable. You can just tell that Rey barely cares anymore, becuase he feels he's nnot going anywhere and this is the end of his career evolution.

Because it is. It's the same old shit every day and you can tell he knows it because that's all he brings. If a luchador styled wrestler had a 5-moves-of-doom ethic, that'd be Mysterio's matches. This, then that, then this, 619, I'm done, check please.

If you looked at Rey Mysterio's matches in Mexico, and then in WCW, and then look at him today, you'd swear that it isn't the same guy, anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

Exactly, that's why I've grown to dislike him. Its such a lazy performance these days compared to how he was.

And I know people get older, they get slower, they rack up injuries, and its unrealistic to expect Rey to be doing stuff he was doing 15 years ago. But at the same time the WWE is still blowing smoke up his ass about being the greatest flyer in the world. They are still claiming "No-one flies like Mysterio" when clearly Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Sin Cara, Gabriel, and others are going "Excuse me, what?".

Rey basically rode the coat-tails of Eddie's death to a world title and then let that success utterly go to his head so that he believed his own hype. His book really shows off just how conceited he is. And now as you say he takes the attitude that all he has to do is show up, do the same 5 moves, and that's enough.

By contrast look at a guy like HHH or Taker, who while they may not wrestle as often, when they do they give it 100%. For all people bemoan Cena and for all his move set needs work, you can't argue that despite being nailed on and cemented in as the number one guy, he still works his ass off when he's in the ring.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:56 am

You're bang on with why I don't like him either. For me, he was a brilliant flyer in his day but that has clearly gone. What he does in the ring now is just ordinary. At time like that you need some presence outside of the ring to carry you. I just don't get that with Rey.

I'd rather somebody who wasn't brilliant but worked hard was rewarded. Sure, I'd love somebody who WAS brilliant AND worked hard to get the gold even more. But I'd settle for the first one.

Surely they should be looking at either pensioning him off or playing on his experience card. That does, of course, need more than five moves. But to promote him as top flyer is silly.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Quote :
And Jordan, Zimbabwe? Oh yes, well known as a relaxing holiday destination! Why don't you do a two centre trip and get a time share in Somalia?

Hahahaha, Zimbabwe isn't as bad as Somalia... No way! See this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14985549

At least Zimbabwe isn't full of Muslims or under Sharia law! It might be pretty scummy but I'd prefer a few days in Harare to 5 minutes in Mogadishu Razz Ain't you never heard of Victoria Falls? Pretty sure that's still a tourist attraction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am

*slaps Jordan on a diversity course to learn Muslims doesn't equal bad* Wink
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm

According to my work training record I'm all up to date with my diversity training courses, but thanks for the offer... Razz

But my point still stands. Zimbabwe may have it bad but present day Somalia is pretty much the worst place to be at any time in the history of mankind. I'd rather just kill myself before I went there to save on time :p
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:03 am

Ah, but that's was before mine. If you've ever watched the Cybermen being built you'll have an idea of how we make sure you're diverse...Wink

More seriously I think going to Zimbabwe is a fab idea. Sure there are some places on Earth more dangerous than others but that's when you take extra precauations. It would be a shame not to see places because they are a little hotter, trouble wise.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 am

Diversity is a myth. With equality being forced down all our throats it just creates racial tension, not just for white people but for everyone. And with the government saying "you WILL accept foreigners into our society", "you WILL accept our rules changing to accomodate these people", "you WILL pay for the state handouts of people who can't speak our language" etc. it's only natural that your average Joe would feel oppressed. And since speaking against these issues means you're automatically a racist no matter how valid your arguments are, no one will do it. The people that do do it lose their jobs, get ostracised and become victims of hate crime. Muslims caused the 9/11 tragedy. Muslims caused the 7/7 bombings, the Madrid train bombings, the attacks on the US embassy in Kabul, they're stopping aid to famine victims in Somalia, they legally stone people to death. I will never trust a Muslim.

But hey, we're all entitled to an opinion, right? Even though I guess it makes me a "racist" because I don't welcome them to my country with open arms, feeding them giros and council houses...

With regards to Zimbabwe, like everywhere, there's only a small minority ruin it for the rest of the population. Most of them are probably alright people, just a bit starving. As long as you're careful and don't trust any fucker out there you'll probably be okay. It's a risk I'm wiling to take. Besides, it's not like it's just going to be us two. I wouldn't go if we didn't have a good place to stay with trustworthy people with big electric-fenced houses, lol. No pain, no gain as they say. I like living dangerously occasionally Razz

And hopefully at the end of the year I can get some time off work for another South America trip, that's what I'm really looking forward to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 am

And 'Christians' were responsible for the Oklahoma bombing, The Waco siege, the IRA attacks on the British mainland, etc etc. I'd no more tar all Muslims with the same brush as I would tar all those who claim to operate under a Christian banner.

.....just saying. ;0)
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:55 am

I know i'm going to get a looooot of backlash for this statement, as this is always a horribly controversial viewpoint, and I apologize, but...

While there are totally misguided Christians out there that warp the teachings of Jesus's messages into something that they feel gives them the right to force their way of life on others, and go on converting crusades, sometimes....

It usually almost always comes with a lot of bending or breaking the semantics of the bible's vaguer teachings, that aren't explicitly stated to give the condoning of violence.

While, on the other hand, Muslims belong to the only religion I know of that actually specifically states, clear as day in the quran, without misinterpretation or semantical rule bending (which the small portion of Christians at least have to willfully abuse), that it's fully ok to murder those who blaspheme Allah or the prophet and explicitly state the practice of "killing the infidel".

The difference between the two, from what I've seen, is that one has to be bent with semantics for a zelot which tries to have some kind of a logical belief structure, the other blatantly states murder is a-ok.

So, on one hand, there's having to find an excuse and on the other, there's just raving, self-justified bloodlust. Hate to say it, but I believe the Muslim religion to be third-world barbarianism and has absolutely no place to exist in today's world.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm not quite sure what interpretation of the Qur'an you are relying on there, but it accords with none I have ever seen other than a fanatical right wing, and I have to say usually American, media interpretation.

While I don't pretend to be any sort of expert on religion, I do know that the simple fact is that Terrorism is not condoned or justified under any valid interpretation of the Islamic faith. If you take the Qur'an in its whole are one text, the overwhelming message is that peace is to be found through faith in God, and justice among fellow human beings.

Muslim leaders and scholars do speak out against terrorism in all its forms, and offer explanations of misinterpreted or twisted teachings. My long-standing friends who are Muslims were as outraged by terrorist attacks as any of us.

Its a myth that Islam is intolerant of other religions. at numerous points in the Qur'an, Muslims are reminded that they are not the only ones who worship God. Jews and Christians are called "People of the Book," meaning those who have also previously received the word of God that. The Qur'an also commands Muslims to protect from harm not only mosques, but also monasteries, synagogues, and churches -- because "God is worshipped therein."

I am as outraged and appalled by extremism as anyone else. I detest those who spread this hate mongering bloodlust. However, I recognise that it is a small minority, and not representative of the entire religion.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Meant to add to this that in saying all this I am not trying to brow-beat other's views. I really usually avoid discussions on religion as I think 1) its none of my business what other people want to believe and 2) most organised religions have something shady or unpalatable in their make-up and history.

And I certainly don't want to fall out with any mates over religious views.

So very happy for this string to just die off without further debate, rather than anyone taking offence or it getting at all heated.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Gears of War... Never really liked the games. The over the shoulder camera view just put me off.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:59 am

Well I'm on FIFA12 now. Not bought a football game in about four years, so I'm quite impressed by the improvements. Just wish there was a proper manual. There isn't one with the game. You are supposed to use the one "in the game" but, frankly, that's shite.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 am

I haven't owned a football playing game (as opposed to a management one) for years. Not since, I think, the glory days of the Amiga. Where, if you ran down thr wing and cut in at the right sort of angle you could just blast the ball between the goalkeepers legs...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:49 am

They've moved on a fair bit! Not that I'm expert enough on football (or Soccer as Giznap insisted on calling it on my Facebook page last night) to appreciate them all.

BTW, notice how you come back into tbe string now the serious stuff is over, after kicking it all off ;0)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gears of War 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3   Gears of War 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: