CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crafty move THQ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 am

As Mike pointed out on his Facebook feed the other day, THQ have released some of the DLC content for WWE12 onto the marketplace already, including some bonus characters, costumes, and other unlockables

What they haven't done is release the Fan Axxess download, which gives you access to all of this anyway, and for a discounted price. Quite a clever move on their part, as I'd be willing to bet a good number of kids will have rushed to buy the individual downloads now, without bothering to read that they are included in that pack. So more revenue generated for THQ.

Clever.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 am

The art of not lying but not telling people everything...
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 am

Pretty damn underhanded if you ask me.

I like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

You can't fault them...well, you can but hey, if it hits silly people...Wink
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 am

Apparently, (you can take this explanation or leave it), but it seems to be a miscommunication on Microsoft's part, and Marcus was as surprised as anyone.

Marcus has basically said they don't control when Microsoft wants things up, and it was out of there hands. MS seems to want it up on there before launch, because on launch week of November 22, they have lots of other games to worry about at the same time that get preferential treatment more than a Sports Game does.

Granted that is put together from two different sources.

Prior to that, I personally thought it was so THQ could prove that their DLC isn't on the disc. (Although hackers have already proven that THQ doesn't put locked DLC on their discs... there have been articles on game sites lately whining about how DLC is a scam and such.)
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:51 pm

And now it's all been removed off of Xbox Live.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 am

Personally I don't like DLC. Well, I don't like paying for it. If you buy a game, you should receive 100% of the game, not 95% IMO.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:13 am

I like DLC for the RPGs. It adds quests and stuff and expands the game You're not getting 95%. You're getting 100% of the game and then expanding beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:08 am

Saying that, when the new Assassin's Creed lands tomorrow I'll probably buy all the DLC that goes with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crafty move THQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafty move THQ   Crafty move THQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafty move THQ
Page 1 of 1