CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."

Go down 
+2
Mjolnir
NightStarX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Empty
PostSubject: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 am

So, apparently... after a few months back of Chris Jericho leaving the idea of a WWE return vague, he has apparently made his absolutely final decision known to everyone, not the least of which to the WWE themselves, who had been wanting him back.

WWE was very interested in a Jericho return and were basically met with the definitive statement that he will absolutely never return, going so far as to tell them that he never wants to step into a WWE ring again.

Kind of surprising, as most wrestlers would be a bit more diplomatic than that, and leave the option on the table, but no... not here. Jericho apparently making it very clear to them to the point were talks have now officially stopped and won't be brought up again.

Honestly, I have to say this is both sad and a little confusing. Why the sudden Anti-WWE sentiment, when previously, he only ever expressed loyalty and passion for them?

Not to mention disheartening that he's so vocal about it. Whether this means that he's never going to wrestle again, is not known, but it would make sense at this point. Not only does it sound like it's over for him, but he even sounds strangely angry about it.

Given that Jericho feels that there's so much more going on in his life now, it shouldn't come as this much of a shock, but the way he's put it does feel a bit alienating to his fans to be this blunt about it.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 am

Also, this might explain the lack of him being DLC in WWE '12 as well.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 pm

As I understand, all this speculation about him apparently "confirming" he will never return comes from a single Twitter update he posted. I'm afraid I suspect Chris may be working the Internet. Remember that this is a guy who superimposed his own silhouette onto a TNA logo to wind up fans, and lead everyone to believe he was going there.

He's obviously concentrating on other things at the moment, but I very much doubt he would 1) be this definite about it 2) shut the door once and for all, and 3) choose to let the world know via a Twitter update.

Knowing how temporary wrestling retirements tend to be, I won't believe we will never see Y2J in a WWE ring again until the day they nail down his coffin lid.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 pm

I remember seeing that tweet, but the thing i'm talking of, seemingly came more from WWE having talks with him about the same thing, and then saying this.

Mind you, there's no confirmation for this, it's usual dirt-sheet stuff from those wrestling websites that claim to be in the know about everything and know first hand things, that no one else seems to...

So, I should have prefaced it by saying "Still, take it with a grain of salt, I suppose. People claim that have this info, but those internet sites are about as trustworthy as you make them."
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Hmm, well, like I said, I'll believe it when I (don't) see it. Still won't surprise me to see him walk out at the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:52 am

Never say never in wrestling. Egos are too big and there's too much money floating around for people to reliably stick to their morals Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 am

The Great Khali will never be a high flyer. There, I've said never in wrestling! Wink
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:39 am

You sir, clearly don't appreciate talent when you see it.

Khali could match even The Rock on the mic
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 am

I've seen them both act...my money is still on Dwayne...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 am

Hmmmm, interesting.

A lot of rumours floating around this week that the mysterious videos being trailed on RAW with the Youtube link flashing during twitter ads may in fact be a deliberate swerve by the WWE.

Everyone seemed to be set on it being Undertaker's return, and indeed they do read that way at first glance. However, its now being suggested that the WWE want people to think that way, but that actually they are videos for the return of Jericho. Its being suggested that the whole "2nd" thing and end of the world vibe is actually tied into a "second coming" of Y2J.

Remember that the Mayan prophecies supposed predict the end of the world in 2012, and that the book of the revelation says that at the time of Armageddon we will see the 2nd coming of the Lord to save the believers. Now, Jericho first debuted in WWE when another "disaster" scenario was predicted - the Y2K bug that was going to break anything technical.

Now as disaster looms in 2012, Chris Jericho will return to Save Us all once again.

Personally, I think it could go either way.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:45 am

Wouldn't this be his third coming?

the millennium y2j

Save_Us

and now 1/2/12
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:39 am

See, now you're just splitting hairs.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 am

Hahahaha. I like Jericho. He's always been one of the top guys for me, he can do it all. Technical wrestling, high flying, brawling, the man is one of the better ones around (well he was when I used to watch wrestling a lot) it would be a shame not to see him wrestle again.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:25 am

Isn't he in his early fourties now? I've also not watched wrestling much recently, so don't really know how he performed last time he was back.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am

Y2J is 41. I think it would take a bit of time to get back to his ring timing back but he's the sort that I think would be able to come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."   Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Jericho: "I will never return to WWE again."
Page 1 of 1