CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Empty
PostSubject: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:34 am

GTA IV was a brilliant game, and in my opinion the best in the series (with San Andreas coming a close second). Now we have GTA V announced, and I can't wait for its release. By the looks of the first official trailer, it's going to be a great game. The big difference with it is that it's not set in Liberty City, which doesn't really bother me as long as they make Los Santos as good as Liberty City, if not better.

So, what do you lot think? Are you looking forward to this game and are you bothered about it being set somewhere different?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 am

I've never been a GTA fan myself. I did play one of the games (it came with the Xbox, I seem to remember) but gave it my friend Phil in the end. It wasn't a bad game, quite the opposite, just didn't feel 'right' for me.

I wouldn't be bothered that it's set elsewhere. I like that about the Elder Scrolls games, the different settings for different games. I think that adds variety.

The trailer looks good but, again, nothing that says buy me for me. I have seen another game I'm going to get next year: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. From the lead designer of Morrowind and Oblivion, with art designed by Todd 'Spawn' McFarlane and a world designed by R. Salvatore (author of the Drizzt series and one of my fave authors). So that, DMC (Devil May Cry reboot with Dante now half angel and half demon), Mass Effect 3 and then WWE 12 will be my picks.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:42 am

Ooh, Reckoning looks good! Just watched a couple of videos about it, and I'm ready to get into it!

Here's a really good video, but I warn you now that it contains spoilers.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy GTA Myron (that'd be a strange game, GTA:Myron). There's so much to do in the GTA games away from the main story, and you can spend hours just messing around in the city doing random stuff.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:53 am

Not really looking forward to it, as in.... actively anticipating it.

BUT I did like the previous game, so when this comes out, I will probably check it out when it does.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:30 am

I played a little bit of GTA4 but not a whole lot, didn't like it too much. I might get it once I run out of games to play, you can probably get it for a few quid now.

My favourite GTA to date has to be San Andreas, what a game! Vice City was also really good. Played but didn't complete GTA3 but I liked what I played.

It will be nice playing in a city not modelled on New York although I guess most big cities are the same. Should still be good anyway that trailer looks pretty good!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:41 am

Not meaning to sound racist, but I'm glad to be back playing as an American. As much as I enjoyed GTA4, I didn't like Niko Bellic.

I really liked San Andreas. The character customisation gave the game that extra bit of depth. The main character himself was pretty good as well. Can't remember his name though as it's been a long while sinse I played it last.

Los Santos where GTA V is based is part of San Andreas, so it'll be like visiting old stomping grounds.

Edit: Myron, have you played Dark Souls? I haven't as it's not out on PC, but from the reviews I've read and the gameplay videos I've seen, it's a very good RPG game.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 am

Myron doesn't "do" gangsters, so attempting to get him into anything gangster related is like trying to convince a brick to swim.

I really liked GTAIV, but I hated both San Andreas and Vice City (Vice City especially surprised me, being that I am a MASSIVE Miami Vice fan). For that reason I am reserving judgement on GTAV until I've seen a bit more. There's a lot of scope for an excellent organised crime story in a fictionalised LA, but if it resorts to "Gangsta Bling" "Yo Yo Yo, pop a cap in yo' ass" crap like San Andreas did then I am completely uninterested.

So its on the radar, its just not high on it - at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 am

Why didn't you like Vice City? I loved it! I can understand San Andreas but VC? Really? :O
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 am

I know, I should have loved it. But for whatever reason it just didn't click. Couldn't get into it.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

From what I hear GTA V is supposed to be the first GTA game with multiple protagonists.

I love that idea. One thing that I think has always kept GTA from being with the times is that it doesn't take advantage of the ability games now have of telling the story of more than one character by switching between different points of view and having a more complex narrative because of it.

Especially if you play as several characters who weave in and out of each other's little world, as it goes on. That would be a fantastic addition to a rockstar game.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

DS is right. I'm not big on gangsters so that's probably the reason I didn't vibe with it.

Nope, haven't played Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 am

Well GTAIV started to do that with the expansion packs, so they have something to build on.

What I'm hoping for is them using the technology from LA Noire to incorporate the facial expressions. I'd love a GTA game which also had that element of having to read people - and consequences when you don't read them right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)   GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTA V!! (need the title to be ten characters long...)
Page 1 of 1