CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Empty
PostSubject: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 am

I'm kind of amazed.

I wasn't going to mention this at first, but then it kept being impressive to the point where now I gotta mention it..

On Community Creations, for the first time ever since putting my stuff online with this game, something I made and uploaded, has made me overnight famous.

Just as a joke, I whipped up an arena that looks like an old NES from 1985. Well, it resembles one as much as I was able to get on there. I put it up online for the hell of it, never thinking I was going to see much from it. I've uploaded similar things in years past, and never got more than 20 downloads.

In the course of a day, overnight really, it shot up to over 200 downloads and over 23 reviews, 99% of them being 5 stars, and a few 4 stars. Shot me up 5 online ranks in the course of the first day up to Silver Star level.

I thought "Well that's cool" thinking that would be the end of it, and really wouldn't have written this post, had it stopped there.

Now, not too much time has passed and in such a short amount of time, it's still going strong with over 500 DOWNLOADS, and over 52 reviews, still ALL positive. Aside from ONE fucking asshole.

But either way, this is still awesome, and i'm kind of astounded. On the strength of one arena alone, I've earned enough of a runaway success to be one of the higher top tier creations (at least in the Arena section) in such a short time to have gone up a total of 8 ranks to Gold "Superstar" status, with half of a thousand downloads in only a few days, and featured on the "What's Hot" section, to boot.

All for something that was kind of a joke that I never expected to get more than 20 downloads total on.

Razz Anyway, I dunno where else i'm going with this other than to boost my own ego, but yeah. Yay, me! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:11 am

Good for you mate. It's always nice to recieve recognition for something you've created.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:15 am

Well done son, guess there's more Nes nerds playing this game than once thought! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 am

I'm going to make a Master System arena Razz
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 am

That I would like to see!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:30 am

Not a chance! lol
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 am

That's excellent. And so much for your "I have nothing to give creatively" ;0)

Make a Saturn arena!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 am

Perry Saturn?!?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:33 am

Sega Saturn

.....though come to think of it...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Speaking of Perry Saturn, I noticed that he's not in Mike's WCW roster.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

I was almost going to download Saturn and Kronus for my ECW roster at one point.

Either way, have no space to download anyone else.

Speaking of which, WWE '13, the Caw limit needs to go up to 100. With downloadable caws, 50 is no longer nowhere near enough slots, anymore.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I agree. Considering we save CAWs on our harddrives, I think we should be able to download and make a lot more than 50.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 pm

It's even more so, now that you can make your own brands and have Universe shows in accordance with your made brand.

For instance, now that I can technically have a Raw, Smackdown, NXT, FCW, Free Agent, Legends, WCW, ECW, CXA, Whatever the hell other brand I want category, I feel like I'd like to be able to fill these up more than I can with just 50.

for instance, if I could, I would download 30 WCW guys, 30 ECW guys, a whole bunch of old Attitude Era guys from the WWF, 20 CXA characters, and a slew of 30 created legends or something.

That would be an amazing game worth playing forever.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 pm

That's the point- they don't want you playing it forever. They want you playing it for a year, and then for you to go out and buy the next one.

I actually think that's why they put in some features when they are only half complete (create an arena this year, Universe mode last year) - so that when the new game comes out, the promise of those actually being complete helps persuade you to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 am

Makes sense I guess, you can't blame them for doing it. Just a shame they do that really. Unlimited CAW spaces would be amazing
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:42 am

Well, I dunno. They have actually said that it's because they have to try and get in as much as they can by the deadlines, given production schedule and budget.

Yes, They could technically be lying, but I respect them too much to really want to believe they would, admittedly.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 am

A corporation? Lying? Nah, think Dave's just being paranoid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.   So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I guess I'm famous now. Sorta.
Page 1 of 1