CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestlemania

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 am

Let's hope it works this time...I did one this morning and then lost it!

Cena v Rock: Unless Rock is sticking around for some length of time then it has to be Cena. Otherwise you have a weakned current wrestler. Plus it just makes sense (I know, I know...Wink) - Cena is wrestling regularly, Rock isn't. I would have liked to have seen the latter do more but there you go.

Taker v Trips: If there is one combo that could have the clout and the ability to take down Taker it would be a backhand DX job. But I don't think it will happen. I just can't see them having Taker lose his final Mania match. So I'm pcking Taker.

Jericho v Punk: I'd actually like Jericho to win, as I'm a mark for him, but I don't see Bryan and Punk dropping their belts at the same time and I think Punk is more likely to stay champ. They will fight again, mind.

Bryan v Sheamus: I'm picking Sheamus. I just think that, in addition to Punk and Bryan not both dropping their belts they won't both be champs post Mania either.

Kane v Orton: I've said it before and I'll say it again: I feel for Kane. He's put up with a lot through the years, is given a big comeback and for what? The Cena Darkside turn didn't work and the match against Orton feels forced. Unless there's some sort of run-in then I see Orton taking this too. Poor Kane.

Cody Rhodes v Big Show: A geuinely interesting match which I think they have sold well. Certainly compared to the other match. It's also good to have another title on the card (they should have had the tag titles, the Diva belt and the US one on instead of the two matches below but I'm getting off track there...). I'm going to go with Rhodes. No reason, just a gut feeling. There is the outside option of having Goldie get involved, for good or for ill.

Team Teddy v Team Johnny. Terrible name for a match. I would have liked them to have Satino defend his belt along with the tag champs. There will be some Hornswoggle/Vickie stuff in there. On paper I think the bad guys have the edge...they don't have to use Khali for instance! So I'm going with them.

Women's match...Beth should destroy them all!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Cena .v. Rock. I agree that it makes sense for Cena to get the win, and I don't think that Rock would have a problem with taking the loss. Doesn't really hurt him in the great scheme of things, and Cena losing doesn't do anything for him...

...Unless, losing to the Rock were to be the thing that triggers the heel turn. Cena kept banging on last week that "I always win". "I take everything they dish out, and yet I win". So losing might drive him over the edge. Its a forlorn hope, but you never know.

What I actually see happening with this is a Schmoz ending so you don't get a clean result. Remember, Rock is booked for the RAW after Mania, and has also said already he will be part of Mania 29 in New Jersey. So an "unfinished business" angle could be where they go with it.

Undertaker .v. HHH. I agree that Taker shouldn't lose the match, and I can't see something as simple as a DX reunion seeing him off, because HHH knows how deeply the fans would crap all over it. But I could see Taker not winning - which is different from losing. A draw perhaps, or another schmozz. But no, I'll go for Taker winning clean here.

Jericho .v. Punk. It should be a good match, and Punk chasing the title has more going for it. But then the promised post-Mania draft can shake things up enough to make me think Punk keeps the belt.

Sheamus .v. Bryan. Sheamus really needs to win the title as, despite being massively over, his character really isn't going anywhere. He needs the belt, whereas I'm not sure Bryan does in order to be really annoying. I also wonder if the WWE might switch them around and finally do a proper Punk .v. Bryan feud. WWE likes happy endings at Mania, so I go for Sheamus to win.

Cody .v. Show. I have to agree this has been built well, and I go for Show to win the title. Goldust being involved is possible.

Kane .v. Orton. I agree that they have wasted Kane's return to the mask. I don't actually care who wins this match, and I don't expect it to be great, because Kane has lost momentum and Orton clearly doesn't care about the feud.

Team Johnny .v. Team Teddy. Its got to be Johnny all the way, though I suspect shenanigans and changes on the teams before the match starts.

Women's match. I couldn't care less.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:17 pm

BTW, not wishing to set the dogs barking, but its been reported that both Dave Batista and Brock Lesnar are in Miami this weekend...

Further, Batista has been confirmed as being picked up by WWE officials, and UFC have confirmed that Lesnar is legally able to work for WWE now that he is retired from UFC.

Could be nothing. They could simply have invited them down for the festivities and/or licensing deals, see a few old friends, etc etc.

....Then again. ;0)
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Just been announced that WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Epico will defend against The Usos and Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd in a Triple Threat Match, which will stream live on WWE.com as a dark match before Mania starts.

I'm going for the titles to change hands here. Probably to the Usos.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 am

A decent match for a dark match! Agree that it could play out as a Cena heel turn. They have just been so afraid of doing it I'm not sure they haven't lost faith in doing that now. But we'll see!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am

Latest reports say Lesnar has signed a one year 30 date contract. May appear at Mania, more likely to appear on RAW.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am

Cena beats The Rock, Lesnar comes out on the stage and eyeballs him?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Could happen. Or else 20-0 and then Lesnar challenges Taker on RAW for Mania 29.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 pm

I did ponder that...but surely Taker can't make it to one more???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania   Wrestlemania Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania
Page 1 of 1