CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Empty
PostSubject: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:41 am

Couple of things.

If possible, can you try to present stuff in novel style, rather than script style.

So for example

"That was a vile shot" commented Robinson

Maxine is disgusted "There's no call for that"

RATHER THAN

Reynard: That was a vile shot

Maxine: There's no call for that

Its just to ensure consistency throughout the show. Thanks

Also, please note its Robinson ReYnard, rather than Renard. I think I actually used the other spelling a couple of times myself, but it should have the Y in it.

Cheers. Pulling the skeleton together now. 36 sides of A4 with the intro, Rocket/Awesome, "Surprise" match, and CWO segments.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:50 am

I have been predictably slow on that certain gigantic match that will be edited in later after this is finished, of course.

Some day it will be in the show. Some day. Good thing it still works without it, or we'd really be in trouble. Maybe that's just as well, though. Maybe I might have to just present the match OUTSIDE of the show in it's own separate post.

Like, not as a dark match.. it's too big to be a dark match. But maybe as just "a match that wasn't broadcasted or cut for time". Which YES I know doesn't make sense when a PPV is live, but whatever. Razz I'm just trying to cover my own ass kayfabe style. ahaha. ehe.

But in all honestly I actually do expect this match to be ridiculously long and ridiculously overcomplex anyway. Because it's turning out that way.

I am still not even half done.

Of course, I feel better about it than before (even though I think it REALLY sucks that it won't be in the show like it's SUPPOSED to be) and I have no deadline anymore, and i've been really a goddamn perfectionst about it anyway, and that I don't have to stress myself out half to death to do it.

But I took on way too much. A match with seven people, with a 40 foot cage, a lot of rules, and EVERYONE ONE of those seven characters having to tell, and intertwine their own stories together every 3 seconds, and even having to draw up diagrams that tell me who is in what part of the ring and what positions they are in at every step? Not to mention that it has a surprise ending, and other things I can't even tell you, that make it even MORE complicated.

I didn't realize when I started that this would be like having to trace a 2 hour film frame by frame. Or more accurately, having to write a whole film. To be honest, this is harder than I ever imagined it would be. ....ehe....

I really honestly hope that this impresses SOMEONE when it's done. Razz Although... yeah, I do feel horrible about it not making it on the show itself.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:44 am

I was still working on the basis that it would be in the show, and I'll still write to the point where it starts, so it can be slipped in later.

Honestly, yes, I do think you made the womens match too complicated for yourself and left yourself a hard job. Multi person matches are never easy, but with that many gimmicks added it was even harder. it's a pity it won't make the show on time. I also think it's a pity it meant you couldn't spend time on your own (well, Rocket's own) match and personalise that.

But hopefully we can get the other stuff together and have the rest be a good show.

IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET AN UPDATE FROM OTHERS HOW THEIR BITS ARE COMING?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:51 am

YO!

Alright guys, progress has been severely delayed this weekend as mentioned elsewhere but I've got the 24/7 bits together and my match is half-done. I'm gonna work on it this afternoon and see where I get. I'll send you over the 24/7 segments now Dave.

I'm hoping to have it all done by tonight.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:30 am

Mine's doing fine. I'll try to have the majority of it done by tonight.

I'm a tad concerned that my writing style's getting repetitive quickly (as it tends to when doing these matches), but I'm confident in the story itself.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:54 am

Well, to be honest about the Rocket match, without going to in-depth about it's problems...

That one ended up only being a list of bullet points thrown together at the last second, because....

Well, I wanted to really plan it out very specifically together with Steve, and that was very far from what ended up happening.

Now, of course as i've said I have absolutely no problem with Steve and I don't blame him or have any ill feelings towards him because of it, because, I very much understand how these things happen and i'm looking at the whole situation by putting myself in his shoes if I was him, and if he was just way too busy and had way too much going on personally to be able to work on it.

(Even more so because i'm having problems with the women's match myself, and I know how he feels and for me to bug him would have felt hypocritical.)

Still, I wanted to hope that something could be done so I wanted until the last possible minute until I thought that I absolutely had to get something in to show David.

So... At the very last second, I made up pretty much everything that happens in 10 minutes myself, spur of the moment, and shot it to Shand when I thought at the time that the show was going up the next day or so.

So, even if I had taken the time devoted to the women's match and put it into the Rocket/Awesome match, it wouldn't have been able to happen, because I was essentially stalling to see if Steve was able to respond to me some more.

Granted I didn't really go very far in bugging him, because, well... I understood his feelings a lot and I didn't want to be rude. Razz In the end though, I just couldn't wait, so i made up something in 10 minutes and off it went.

It was a casulity of that, although I'm not upset or anything, and I just have an "eh, thats ok, these things happen mentality about that one.

At least Rocket and Awesome's match got done in some capacity, so i'm pleased enough for that. I wish it could have gone better, but I'm sure Steve has good reason.

He's been busy with nCw, there's been a lot of stuff going on in his life, and from what I could tell on his Facebook, he hadn't been feeling too great and if someone doesn't have time, they don't have time. It's fine.

That and I felt that no one should be feel pressured to write for the show and I just didn't want to put pressure on Steve. I'm not in the business of twisting people's arms and such. ehe. So I just waited until I couldn't wait anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

One other thing, was there supposed to be a match with Big D versus someone?

Wasn't sure if that actually got signed, and who was supposed to be writing it?
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 pm

I believe Jordan's taking care of that.

By the way, David; I know you mentioned in another thread to use the new bio for moves and such, but while writing this match I found a lot of use for the original moveset you used for Reaper as well. Hope that's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:11 pm

That's included on the chunk I've sent you already, Dave. Just the match now!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Chris - That's absolutely fine. He will still use his old moves. Over a 90 minute match, he would use everything!

Jordan - Excellent, cheers
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Jordan - what email address did you send it to? Work or home, only there is nothing from you in my home email box?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Sent you a PM via this board Razz
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Main event's mostly done, will hopefully have it (sans the entrances) finished tomorrow. This is gonna be a big'un.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Ah, right. I don't always get notified when I have those. Mike sent me one on the CWO back in February. Only noticed it on Saturday!

Looking forward to reading the match, Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 am

Got the segments, cheers. Might play with where they appear on the show though, just to make them fit with other things and the fact I booked the Big D match first. Might also add to them slightly for the sake of making it run, but good stuff, cheers.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 am

Reaper wrote:
Got the segments, cheers. Might play with where they appear on the show though, just to make them fit with other things and the fact I booked the Big D match first. Might also add to them slightly for the sake of making it run, but good stuff, cheers.

RIght. Just remember that one of Jordan's segments has some connection with the cWo bit I wrote, too.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am

Yes, that's not a problem. I'm not changing the order of the winners, just where the very early ones appear on the show so that everything lines up for the later segments.

Hopefully, Rob will email his match with Myron today as well, then its all starting to look good.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 am

I will indeed, along with the other thing we talked about, you'll have the match circa 7pm, and the segment either with it, or ready for you first thing tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 am

Job's a biscuit.

(for our American friends, that means "Good, that's settled then, and I am pleased with the outcome")
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:05 am

Or as we say in Bristol, "PROPER JOB!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV    VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT STYLE FOR THE PPV
Page 1 of 1