CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Empty
PostSubject: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Take a view of it. Maybe get some ideas.

This is OLD CWA Derek Vicious. What I know he looked like in the early days before all of this retconning, universe shaking, kooky wolf powers and all of that stuff, anyway.

It's basically temporary, so take a good look David, and let me know what you think.

Or if you want me to turn downloading on so you can alter him, that's cool too. Tell me what you want me to do. Either way, i'll remove him in a few days or something.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Hell with it.

I'm uploading everyone I have.

By the way, Javier is showing up with "downloaded moves", (god, how stupid), so he won't be avilable until I fix whatever crap is causing that.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow for ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Also, I noticed that only Quadra and Javier is the only one so far with a finished moveset. Some of these, like Drake, Julie, Amy, ect don't have a move set just yet. And Madison isn't a wrestler so she doesn't have one at all.

But they all have entrances. Just thought I should note that they are in various stages of completeness here.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:21 am

I've not looked at the Derek Vicious CAW yet, but I have a couple of different ideas for a Derek Verona CAW, and might include 3 versions.

1) Eastern look - Derek filled Lone Wolf with references to Japan and the Far East, so I think a Samurai themed Verona would be a good option

2) Italianate look - The name, and some of the descriptions, also made reference to Italy. So I am thinking of an Assassin's Creed style look for this version

3) Face paint - I always imagined (and previously made) my Lone Wolf CAWs a sort of "out there" intellectual Ultimate Warrior look. So for old times' sake, I'm throwing that one in there.

Now, as to moves. I know his finish was a powerbomb variant, wasn't it? But what else did he use?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:25 am

To be honest, i'm not all that sure on many of those aspects. As i'm only mostly familiar with the classic version of the character and what he looked like from the original basis.

And I'm not generally an expert on the years where the whole thing became the rambling of a near-incoherent self-indulgent egomaniac. :p

But I do remember when the character was a subdued, understated, but impactful wrestler with a solitary, aloof, personality that dressed in black and blue workout gear with a cool, laid back, subdued cocky streak under the surface.

Kind of like an amalgamation of Deisel and current Triple H, prone to self-introspection and a quiet demeanor until it was time to wrestle, and whose self-professed motto was to take it to the ring when taking care of business.

That's how I mostly tend to remember the character from the old days.

Not so much, the godlike being who could talk to animals with some mystical crap and was the reincarnation of wolf jesus, with an overblown entrance and made the heavens shake from his presence and a convoluted and borderline senseless mythology that was 99% David Eddings, and 1% wrestler. :p
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:43 am

I remember his over the top, mystical work whispering phase. That was around the time he used to have blue (I'm pretty sure it was blue) facepaint, which I also remember as being something like Ultimate Warrior's. I can't remember much else about him. Is he not online anymore? If you can still get in contact with him, I'd suggest doing so. Be prepared though for a very long and detailed description of his whole "illustrious" e-fedding career lol.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:46 am

I think Derek is still on my Facebook friends list. But you know what, as this is my CAW and my interpretation of the character, I am going with the personas I described above, and will throw in the quiet Diesel/HHH hybrid as a fourth option, to hell with it :0)
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:49 am

I am still friends with his mother who still lives in my hometown.

He is basically not online anymore I believe (EDIT: Ok, Shand just proved me wrong, as he apparently has a facebook), and works as a bouncer/cleaner for a local bar in South Dakota. He doesn't tend to communicate a lot from what I understand, and doesn't particularly care for wrestling or e-fedding anymore.

He worked on a radio podcast show for a while though. Apparently he's been going back and forth between living on hard times and making a living down there.

I don't hold any bad feelings about the guy at all. Any differences we've worked out and resolved years ago, and sorta went our separate ways. But I have heard about what he's been up to from his mom, who I occasionally do odd jobs for.

In fact I talked to him via his mom's phone last week. He's having a real run of bad luck lately from what i've heard. Hope some of that gets resolved for him.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 am

A quick search and I found this: http://cwa38950.yuku.com/topic/399/t/Derek-Verona-once-known-as-The-Lone-Wolf.html There's a moves list in there if you can wade through the bio.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:18 am

TheChio wrote:
A quick search and I found this: http://cwa38950.yuku.com/topic/399/t/Derek-Verona-once-known-as-The-Lone-Wolf.html There's a moves list in there if you can wade through the bio.

Awesome, good info thanks. Well, the move set at least.

But yeah. yeesh. The bio. Good lord. :p

Y'know Derek is a fantastic fantasy writer. He always has been. But the sheer pretentiousness of that. Oh my god. :p

I got about 3 paragraphs in, out of curiosity, and just had to stop. I'm not knocking his creative talent, nor him personally, but.... jesus effing christ on a pogo stick. I had to get out immediately before I drowned in it.

Also, i'd be lying if I said that I wasn't legitimately shocked that website is still standing.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:20 am

LMFAO at the ridiculously long bio.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 am

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
LMFAO at the ridiculously long bio.

Yeeeeeeah.

It's why I VASTLY prefer the old, classic Vicious rather than "Verona", by several miles.

I feel bad for poking fun, because it's not like I want to burn any bridges after having gotten them back up a while ago.... but still. That non-withstanding, that may be the most overtly ridiculous wrestling character in the history of e-fedding, past, present or future.

Clearly he was more suited for writing fantasy novels. That, I can certainly say.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 am

Incidentally, there was one for his Derek Vicious persona too: http://cwa38950.yuku.com/topic/406/t/Lone-Wolf-Derek-Vicious.html Because you can never have enough bios.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 am

TheChio wrote:
Incidentally, there was one for his Derek Vicious persona too: http://cwa38950.yuku.com/topic/406/t/Lone-Wolf-Derek-Vicious.html Because you can never have enough bios.

While it is long, it's not TOO long, I vastly prefer this one, again.

It makes much more sense, and feels like a wrestling character. Even though, speaking as someone that developed the original CWA along with him, I do see a few instances of revisionist history at work. :p

Still, if I can remember the character any way, I'd much prefer to remember it this way. Although it still baffles me why some of my ideas and creations (that are mixed in here) are retconned or completely rewritten they way they were. :p But whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:02 am

I love the way that in that bio, he describes MY character as a someone without logic or reason!

I don't mind a long bio (I had one) but there are ways and means. Take nothing away from Derek's talent as a writer though - when he put his mind to it he was very very good.

Just parking the moves here so I can find them easier when I do the CAW

Finishers

1. V-Bomb-
(Grabs opponent, places opponent's head between legs, raises his arm up in the air to salute the crowd, and executes a HUGE Jacknife Powerbomb)

2. V-Lock-(Grabs opponent's arm, and drags them to the mat with a Painkiller Armbar (Basically the beginning part to the Crippler Crossface). Then, as opponent reaches the ground, Vicious immediately lets go of the arm and grabs the ankle into an elevated Ankle Lock)

Trademarks

1. Bareback-(Ducks under one arm of opponent and grabs him, like the Rock does with the Rock Bottom. However, instead of driving Opponent forward, Vicious instead places his head below opponent's jaw, and drops straight down, driving his head into opponent's jaw)

2. V-Combo-(Gets opponent into corner. Begins hitting opponent in midsection with alternating rights and lefts, increasing in speed and intensity until Vicious' hands blur with speed. He finishes this combo with one close fisted punch to the jaw)

3. Turnpost Slam-(Grabs opponent's head, and rams them, head first, through ropes to the steel post on the other side of the turnbuckles)

Submissions

1. V-Lock-(Ibid Finisher 2)

2. Wolflock-(Grabs opponent's legs, and wraps them around his leg, like a figure four. But then he stands there, and taunts the crowd, then suddenly drops down and applies an inverted Indian Deathlock)

Other Moves

Big Boot to face, Suplex, Power Bomb, Clothesline, Lone Wolf Chokeslam, Knee to face
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 am

Strangely, even with all that bio information, he doesn't ever tell us his wrestling attire.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am

Yeah, that's true. :p

Well, I distinctly recall (back in those days), it being black workout pants with 2 blue stripes down the side, and a sleevless T-shirt, and two blue elbowpads, and hair either in a ponytail or left long (Again, kind of like a Triple H or Kevin Nash kind of look) and a shirt with a wolf's head and the letters ODV behind it, all with blue designs on black.

Fun fact: Derek referenced the fact that he is actually colorblind in real life, by having Vicious's attire almost always exclusively be black and blue. Two of the colors that colorblind people can typically discern better than others.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:24 am

I've done a first attire for a Lone Wolf CAW - the Derek Verona "Italian" look

Next is the Lone Wolf "Warrior" look

Should have him up this weekend, along with Joxide and Steve Awesome (who now has all four looks but not an entrance or moveset yet)
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:07 am

I'm going to have to get my arse on the game (not literally) and check out this new intake of E-fed CAWs. I also need to finish Paul James' moveset and entrance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.   Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary Derek Vicious caw up for viewing, for David (or anyone) to see.
Page 1 of 1