CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview)) Empty
PostSubject: A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview))   A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview)) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:19 am

Article by Tony Wolf

First it was rumour. Then it was specualtion. Now, it seems to be fact: former superstars from the CWA and TXA are coming together under the banner of CXA for a one-night only supershow!

Since they last hit those hallowed rings the superstars involved have had varied careers, varied fates. The man I interviewed for this article went on to capture more gold and cause more controvesry, just as you'd expect from one of the mercurial talents the wrestling game has ever seen.

Then he simply dropped off radar, resurfacing just over a year ago BEHIND the scenes as a promoter for a number of new bands. It was an unexpected move, catching most people off kilter. But one look at the shows he put on for those bands told you just who was behind them.

That phase didn't last long, however. A meeting with his old friend and foe, David Shand, led this man to disappear again, retreat once more to cyberspace. Once more his website became the main way of finding out what was going on his mind.

It soon became clear that something major was happening. First there were suggestions that he was on a period of soul searching, followed by a series of questions and answers seeming to be aimed as much at the man as at his audience. Then that a cryptic message saying "To truly look forward, one must look back into ones past."

After that one it all went quite for a bit. The silence was finally broken with one simple line "Finally, I know who I am...ladies and gentleman, it's time to reach for the stars!" What did it mean? Had he found what he was looking for?

The timing couldn't have been better. At the same time as the questions were being asked on his website there was also a number of growing rumours about the CWA/TXA stars returning. As a master of self-promotion there can be no doubt that the timing of the two wasn't left to chance. What better way is there to show your 'new self' to the world than on a stage as big as the one we're set to see for the reunion show?

So nobody was too surprised when a number of things happened all at once. First, a request, from the man himself, for this very interview. Second, confirmation, via his website that he WILL be part of the reunion show. And last, but not least, a simple promo during wrestling programming simply showing an eight-pointed star and the words "He's coming..."

The man I'd come to interview was, of course, The Cyberstar himself, Myron Robinson-Fox!

When I was asked to interview The Cyberstar I jumped at the chance. A one man quip machine Robinson-Fox's interviews have made some of the biggest careers in wrestling journalism. So, when I walked into the suite of his London hotel I was looking for something big. The Cyberstar didn't disappoint...

The man himself was a vision in black and silver, wearing a pair of high, elven-style boots in the latter colour that led to a pair of pinstripe trousers that shows off both. On his top half Myron was wearing a silver, mandarin collared sleeveless tunic. Again this was off set with a black, velvet T-shirt and a starbusrt pendant. A pair of red wraparound shades covered The Cyberstar's eyes.

(Part 2 coming soon)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview)) Empty
PostSubject: Part 2   A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview)) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:40 pm

(Wolf) Thanks for asking for the interview....

(Fox) Glad to help, Tony. I did think of that Candian Hack...I forget his name...but, well, you know we've got history!

(Wolf) R...

(Fox) Let's not sully the interview with his name. How about you ask me why I'm coming back like a good little interviewer gnome...

(Wolf) OK...so, why come back?

(Fox) Well, Tony, I could sit here and tell you it's about unfinished business. That I've got something burning inside that I need to fufil. I could tell you it's about facing down with a person who I've never faced, one-on-one before. I could even tell you that it's because I feel I owe the fans one more show. But, to be perfectly honest, I'm back because wrestling NEEDS me!

(Wolf) Needs you?

(Fox) Have you seen the 'talent' out there today? I mean, pleeeeease. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse Vince goes and books that last pay-per-view. I mean, Nexus? When I did stables - The Trinity, The Virus - they meant something. They had the x-factor. OK, I carried the Shands, Joanie Lee and Gelsthorpe but, hey, I'm a charitable kinda guy!

(Wolf) So you think wrestling needs you back?

(Fox) Of course it does. Tony, have you ever seen one of my interviews? The viewing figures are always through the roof. The magazines always sell out. Put The Cyberstar on the cover and you're magazine is solid gold...

(Wolf) I see that the years haven't dulled your confidence...

(Fox) Shand did always call me The Brat Prince...it was one of the few times he hit the nail on the head!

(Wolf) He also suggested that you had a messiah complex...

(Fox) Tony, gods are determined by their worshippers. The prayer thing, it's an ego stroke. But to have your entire status determined by others? That's just pathetic!

(Wolf) I don't understand...

(Fox) Tony, for somebody who is supposed to have followed my career you're rather clueless...God? Oh, I'm so much more than that...

(Wolf) Care to explain?

(Fox) Which bit don't you understand?

(Wolf) Take the look back to understand the future bit...

(Fox) Well, that bit is simple. The meeting I had with Shand...it set me thinking. Where did I come from...where had I been...I looked back at my past to see where I should go next. And it was then that it struck me...

(Wolf) What did?

(Fox) That I was always meant for more than anybody else. That I was chosen.

(Wolf) You think you're some sort of...chosen one?

(Fox) Oh, it's more than that! The more I looked the more it made sense. I looked at everybody else and they all seemed...well...so HUMAN!

(Wolf) I don't understand...human?

(Fox) Yes, human. I mean, look at me. Do I seem human to you? Maybe in some parts but it's easy to see just why I'm different to the others.

(Wolf) You don't think you're...well, human?

(Fox) I'm The Cyberstar, Tony. I'm more than human. A lot more. I looked back it became obvious. Do you know the theory of the Ancient Astronaut?

(Wolf) Something about aliens coming down and improving mankind?

(Fox) There's hope for you yet, Tony. The very same. The more I looked at my past I saw that I was more than human. That it could only mean one thing. That I was the product of just such a group. That I was a child of Atlantis...

(Wolf) Atlantis?

(Fox) Yes, Atlantis. My ancestors came to this planet, settled in Atlantis and mixed with the humans that were already here...

(Wolf) Atlantis...aliens...

(Fox) And there goes the spark...shame. Yes, my ancestors were more than human. They were alien demi-gods who's blood sits in these veins. Yes, other years it's been diluted but, being more powerful than human DNA, it remained in my bloodline. Just waiting for somebody like me to to reignite it.

(Wolf) Myron...I

(Fox) And that's another thing. I've come to realise that isn't my name...

(Wolf) It's not?

(Fox) No...it's My-Ron...Cyberstar, Prince of Kaos and alien messiah...

(Wolf) I don't know what to say...

(Fox) I can understand. It must all be a little much for somebody who's a mere mortal. Well, Tony, I think I've told you as much as your little homo sapien brain can take in for now. But trust me...there's more to come...a LOT more!

And that was it. After a quick shake of hands a promise that he'd be in touch Myron - or My-Ron - was away. His stunning revlations all on tape but still barely taken in. Did The Cyberstar really believe what he was saying? Does he really think he's some sort of human-alien messiah? Only time will tell. But one thing is for certain...this is going be interesting!
Back to top Go down

A Star is Reborn (Part 1 - From Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (promo interview))
Page 1 of 1