CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sorry Mike, but

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 am

The DVD thing. That's not exactly funny, but definitely a face palm moment. Discs don't finalise themselves until you do it, especially if they are RWs.

I feel for you at the moment you discovered that though...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 am

I am stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

If I could rate it on a scale of how stupid I was, I would say that it's even dumber than having accidentally told the love of your life that you're in "lesbians" with her.

I have officially exceeded that level of stupid.

I just hope that I can cause myself to blank the reason why i'm currently paying 17 months on a rent-to-own computer out of my mind, so that the next year and a half won't be a constant reminder of my own horrific idiocy everytime I make a payment and look at my own DVD-R's. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 am

Well, anyway.

In happier news. I can say that right now, i'm currently encoding the edited video of EVERYONE's entrance.

Although there are two things I noticed too late.

First, I forgot to turn Ring Announcer off. So you're going to hear Justin Roberts call everyone by stupid names like "The Superstar" and all that and occasionally announce that the following match if a 6 Man-Over The Top Rope Battle Royal. oops. :P

(In future videos, I think I will be doing the ring announcing, so I can use everyone's proper names and hometowns. In fact I should probably ask everyone exactly what theirs is.)

And secondly, when I initially downloaded Shand, Matt, and Myron's CAWs, I noticed that they lacked the name plate in the entrances. I had fixed those when I went back into the entrances for them.

But when I RE-downloaded the new Shand, Matt and Myron CAWs, I forgot to go back in and re-fix them again before I made the video.

So, Shand, Matt and Myron's entrance lack name plates saying who they are.

But that's fine because in future videos, it will be fixed. But not only that, I plan to have created NEW CXA Nameplates for everyone that will be superimposed on future videos, anyway.

So, when that's done being made, it'll be up on Youtube (and posted here) soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 am

Looking forward to seeing it.

For the Reaper's hometown, I always listed him as London, England, even though he lives in Oxfordshire. However, for the return he will be "Originally hailing from London, England but now fighting out of Montana, USA". You'll find out why later.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:49 am

Also, by the way, there is some minor tweaking of things here and there. Mostly just to suit the WWE side of things. Because my logic for the guys in my game is assuming that WWE will be using these guys as part of their company. (But not drastically altered so.)

I think a good comparasion is like what WWE did with CM Punk. They didn't change him a whole lot from the rest of his pre-WWE career. Like, they didn't change his name or whatnot. But they did some minor cosmetic things to bring him in line with their overall product.

I'm not even going that far, (except when it came to Shane's female character "Nexus" I changed her name. :p That's likely to be the only name change. Well, aside from KC Powers who used to be Kenny K. But I changed his name and gimmick to KC Powers a while back of my own accord.

Oh and same with Super Weapon Kitty who now goes by Quadra. Which was actually the name of my other-world fictional character that SWK was loosely based on in the first place. And... Justice Dynamite...

Ok, screw it. I'll just say that I didn't change any of YOUR guys's names. But I changed a few of my own. :p

Fun fact: At one time, I was going to change Mike Rocket's name to "Michael Satori" for the WWE. But then changed my mind at the last minute. Then again, I was going to TOTALLY WWE-ize him and retool him completely into a scientologist parody where he ends up being like a cross between CM Punk's Straight Edge Society and Rocket's opinion that doing whatever you want, causing and inciting chaos and the abolishment of order should be adopted as a lifestyle. But I was going to really WWE-ize the whole thing, and maybe think about bringing him back to The New X concept if that didn't work out.

I ended up not doing any of that. But the whole Chaos Cultist, and/or Sceintologist parody thing isn't a bad idea in itself, though.... hmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sorry Mike, but Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry Mike, but   Sorry Mike, but Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry Mike, but
Page 1 of 1