CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Its up!!! Go read it now!

Go down 
+2
NightStarX
Mjolnir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Its up!!! Go read it now! Empty
PostSubject: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 am

Want to know why the Reaper is in Alaska?

What made Fox become My-ron

Why these two dropped off the radar two years ago?

Well if you got read our latest role-play, you may find some of the answers!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 am

Great! Will read it this afternoon. As for now, I think I have to collapse from lack of sleep.

Again, why do I always stay up through the night until 8:18 AM in the morning? The series of roleplays that have gone up so far are amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:28 am

Great read guys. Loved it.

Hoping to do one, maybe two this week, I've got quite a series planned, it's just finding the time to get it done.

It all seems like we're on the same theme though, 2008 to now. I quite like the parallels as well!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 am

I'd also like to write one, but it's dependent on other things first. ehe.

But with any luck, i'll have something up eventually. But that's ok. I'll just be patient. it gives me more time to think about things that it could have in it, which is always good.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 am

Rob - yeah, I noticed that as well. They are dovetailing nicely. I'll probably do one next weekend, as I'm away for part of this week with work.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:08 am

Jesus Christ, that was an epic RP!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 am

We do get involved once we get going! ;0)
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 am

I can't seem to write big detailed RPs like I used to. I want to, but I can't ever find the words and the ideas to keep it flowing.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 am

And now everything makes sense. This is some of the best e-fedding storytelling I've ever witnessed.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 pm

These days I find I can't just sit down and write a role-play from scratch straight off. What I need to do is think of the central theme or part of the dialogue- in this case me telling Myron he wasn't being true to himself and him going away to find himself again- and then I actually have the conversation in my head. No thought of where it is or what they are doing, just having the discussion and banging lines back ad forth. Then I scribble down some of these lines to form the basis of the dialogue.

The next stage is "right, how did they get there?" where are these people meeting, and why. I choose a setting I know, and go from there until I find a way to get them together. In this case Myron being a music producer just developed organically out of them being in New York.

Once I had that framework, I spoke to Myron, and we developed it from there, including him suggesting he threw the allegations back at me as well. That then lead us both to think of where our guys would go, and chose to tell it out of order.

For the Alaska ones, I just thought of what would be the furthest from the norm for Shand: him fighting in a bar. Then it was a question of how anyone found out. It goes from there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its up!!! Go read it now!   Its up!!! Go read it now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its up!!! Go read it now!
Page 1 of 1