CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Empty
PostSubject: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:39 am

Well, i'm still a bit disappointed by the arena, esp the guard rail and the entrance tables....

But at least it has the intro graphics, and the name plates. I can say that much for it. At least they put those in. And that gives it a slight bit more of an air of authenticity, I suppose. So with the intro graphics, and name plates, it's not so bad. Esp if I just pretend this is the WWE putting on a WCW show, then I can kind of forgive it.

And it will probably look better if I make the following changes: Try and make anyone who is primarily on WCW with their ramp part of the entrance, facing them straight on.. (IN WCW, Everyone's ramp entrance was the camera in their face, cameraman walking backwards behind them), and with WCW entrance music.

It'lll do it's job well enough with nWo, Goldberg, DDP, and ect. appearances. I just hope that the arena appears in Story Designer (it had better.)

Now, I fully expect Story Designer's to not save or upload with the WCW ring (You can't upload downloaded content in anything else), but at the VERY least I expect to be able to use WCW in Story Designer in my regular solo game. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:11 am

Yes it looks OK. Like you say, the camera angles could be tweaked, but its not bad.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 am

Hmmmmm that's not as good as I expected, but never mind, I'm still looking forward to playing matches on Nitro
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 am

I agree. It is definately missing elements. I wish they had done a better job on it.

Particularly widening the black, stage curtain to the sides of the arena instead of floating in midair, using the correct fence guard rail, having the actual blue announce table by the stage, and the flame floor pads would all of been much preferred.

But it's decent enough.

I'm thinking that this DLC will hopefully be a step forward to having an accurate WCW Nitro arena in next years game built in. As well as having the classic Brick Set ECW on TNN set.

If they can include those, as well as classic Raw Is War and Smackdown '99 sets, then I think it will be closer to being the simulation game THQ wants it to be. Having all of these arenas would make the game alone. Especially in regards to being able to relive every major wrestling company event in the last 2 decades. Especially with being able to recreate the Monday Night Wars featuring classic ECW.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 am

I also want a UK Raw/Smackdown set.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:01 am

With WWE linked with FCW, I'd quite like to see an FCW arena. I like the FCW arena.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:26 am

How about Create-An-Arena?

For their next effort I think THQ should take a leaf out of Media-Molecule's book and adopt a "Play with everything" kind-of mindset they had for LittleBigPlanet. Let the consumer be able to fiddle with everything, the WWE superstars moves, attires, the arena set, brand logos, create new brands, title belts, the works.

Now that would be cool, a fully customizable CXA main stage complete with the Jumbotron, Create-An-Announcer/Interviewer Very Happy or at least the appearance/avatars of them, calling an 8-man elimination match between the original 1996-nWo line-up and CXA's finest.

However I think that's a bit ambitious. We can dream. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 am

Or an ultimate dream-match: David Shand repping CXA versus the Great Khali repping WWE........
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:52 am

You can sorta do Create-An-Announcer now. Well... at least you can make a CAW and sit him or her in the announce seat in Story Designer.

Also, Bryan Williams from THQ has said he's very adamant about getting a Create-An-Arena into next year's game, and has already drawn up tons of plans for it.

He and the company just have to convince WWE it's worth doing.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 am

Really? Wow that sounds promising at least. I hope something comes of it. I can see full-customisation becoming a big thing for SvR games in the future. I certainly hope so anyway.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 am

I'd love to make my own arena. The Wheato arena, complete with pictures of naked ladies everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 am

Elf ears...they need to bring elf ears into the superstar design function. I know they already have a devil tail and vampire fangs but they need the ears. Otherwise my true vision will never been seen...Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am

Yeah, Elf ears for turnbuckle pads!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 am

I know i'm going to sound like an idiot for this, but since we're requesting unrealsitic CAW parts....

Anime hair. Actually, I think it is reasonably possible for real people to have that, considering if you use a ton of hair gel and have the mentality of a cosplay geek, but yeah.

But I actually kind of miss the days in which it was reasonably attemptable to make spikey, strange hairstyles one might find on a super saiyan or something.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:31 am

Unrealistic? I know where to get my pointy ears from, thank you very much! Wink

But you've hit on what I was thinking. As a fan of anime and manga I'd like to see a few more parts like that in. It's actually not beyond the possibility that people would try that gimmick out in real life - after all, they've tried everything else!

With the ears, tail and fangs I could make him a elfy tiefling alike!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 am

See, I know why you want them, and I see your points with the amine ad fun stuff, but for me there is already too much in the way of pointless and unrealistic content in CAW mode. I want them to remove that and concentrate on more realistic wrestling gear and attires, more normal hair styles, and some easy instantly applicable patterns and stripes and stuff you can apply to existing clothes. I want more realistic tattoos like sleeves and chest patterns as well - stuff to make REAL looking wrestlers.

Certainly think create an arena needs to be in, and to incorporate the create a logo paint tool so that you can add them to the ring aprons and turnbuckles.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 am

I do agree with David here. There is a lot more realistic stuff they could add to CAW mode, rather than gorilla suits and that kind of shit. I'd like to see the costume designs from early Smackdown games come back. There was some great stuff back then that made it easy to make wrestlers such as Jushin Liger, Dean Malenko, and a numerous others.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

See I know what you mean but what's realistic? Two middle aged men stood in large spikey shoulder pads and make-up? A guy bringing a snake to the ring? Bagpipes? All worn by real wrestlers. All a little bit daft.

I actually think wrestling has suffered from a lack of gimmicks. I can understand why they have changed but it used to be about larger than life heroes and villians. They had their own characters. Now your heels are closer together, your heroic characters even more so.

Look at Taker. The Lord of Darkness stuff was totally unrealistic. But people loved it. Gangrel and Thorn's fangs.

Plus there is nothing to say they are real, in a sense. I've seen some awesome cosplayers who look like the 'real' thing but are, of course, not. With the budget of the WWE behind them who knows what they could do.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

Plus I'd like to point out that 7'2" wrestlers move like Khali or Show. They don't move like The Reaper...Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am

alfheimprince wrote:
Plus I'd like to point out that 7'2" wrestlers move like Khali or Show. They don't move like The Reaper...Wink

If Mike Awesome was still alive, he'd beg to differ with you.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:57 am

He probably would but as he was only 6'7" what he'd disagree with me on I don't know...Wink Plus he was 290 pounds. The Reaper is heavier. These things tend to stop you moving as quickly. That said I don't see it as a problem, just an example.

I think there is room for both types. It's about letting people pick which route they want to go down. If they want to find out if Mickey Mouse would have taken Daffy Duck in a TLC match fair play to them. If they want bang on CAWs, again, it's a winner Smile Me, I like to be somewhere inbetween.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 am

Lol, fair point on the Reaper!

I actually agree with Myron to some extent on the need for more wrestlers with defined gimmicks who can stand out from the crowd, but I still think stuff like the aforementioned gorilla suits is stuff we could do without if it means it comes at the expense of including "realistic" parts. If we could have everything then fair enough, but until the basics (like tattoos that look like tattoos) are fixed, then I think they ought to concentrate on those.

And Wheato hit the nail on the head of what I'd want. They know people want to make old WWE, WCW, and ECW guys, WWE now own all the rights anyway, so start putting those in. Also make it easier to do stuff like add stripes and patterns to ALL the tights and bottoms, or make different sections different colours. Just make our jobs a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 am

Well, as I was trying to point out, with those haitstyles, they could be realistic for someone odd. I know one character of mine already, i'd give it to instead of what I use now.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

Yes, but my "realistic" in quotes indicates realistic as in you would expect to see it in the business right now. Not "possible" as in "you could do it if you had more oddball characters". Wink
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:55 am

I agree that they need to sort the basics out. I also agree that there are certain things that probably don't get picked and be dropped. I also agree wit Mike that there should be the option to do odd hairstyles, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)   WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WCW Arena#3 DLC Arena Entrances (video)
Page 1 of 1