CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ring out the old...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Ring out the old... Empty
PostSubject: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:47 am

So, how will you be welcoming in the new year? Our plans are to have a couple of friends around, order in dinosaur burgers, onion rings and cheesy chips (in a last but few blow out before going back on the deit on the 4th...) and I will be getting friendly with a bottle of JD...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:21 am

Well, New Years Eve will be spent fairly quietly this year actually. I dare say a bottle of whisky will feature somewhere. But on New Years Day there's a family party that we'll all be going to.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 am

NYD will be a fairly quiet affair, just us two, good food and a lazy day.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 am

I will more than likely sleep entirely through it.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:42 am

That's a plan too!
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 pm

I went out in wells dressed up as "Captin Fail" for a Super hero themed night out. Was quite enjoyable to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:03 am

Good work!
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Seriously mate I loved it, I've been looking at the photos the past 24 hours, and never in my life have i been so pleased with dressing up in tights, boxers over the top, capes etc.

...then again Myron from what I've heard you're used to that, so you know EXACTLY what I'm on about!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 am

I wore tights to play the Christmas elf at the Christmas buffet! Never be afraid to dress up, even if it's nothing special!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 am

ooh Rob, you have no idea. Some of the stuff I've seen that man buy....
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 am

And you'll see me buy again...I am raiding Camden, remember!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 am

Yes, but I'm hoping my influence on you when we visit Portobello will at least mean you go home with something of taste.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 am

I'm really looking forward to looking around the Portabello shops. I WILL have a pocket watch after!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 am

Well you wil certainly be able to get one over there. All depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

As you know, I've got quite a few, so we can have a look at those to give you an idea of styles.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 am

Rob is actually on the front page of the Wells Journal this week in his Captain Fail costume! Well done Rob!

I went out in Glastonbury for NYE. Nothing special. Got chatted up by a Chinese man called Yong, had a kebab and a few ciders
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 am

DS, I'm after something that would fit into the whole steampunk vibe. I've not got a price in mind as much as just getting something nice. The sort of of thing a Victorian gentleman or officer would carry.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Cheers matey,it was a funny moment that,we're off to the club, bloke approaches me and asks for a photo, had no hesitation! Local rag or not! Still, its up on facebook along woth a number of shots. NYE was a lot of fun to be honest.

Also, Jordan, you me and (insert real name) Roxy need to go out again. Last time was New Found Glory!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 am

Well, price will depend on a number of things not totally dependent on the style, but I'm sure we can find something that will suit. You can pay anything from £30-40 up really.

Think about whether you want one in gold or silver (I'm purely talking colour here, not actual material), whether you want Roman numerals or standard numbers, and whether you want a conventional watch, a hunter (where the face is covered by a case you open to see the dial) or a half hunter (where the case has a glass panel so you can see part of the dial when its closed).

Personally, I think hunters have more a steampunk vibe. However, it will probably be a case seeing what you like on the day.

You might also want to think about a watch chain, though these can be expensive so you might be better attaching the watch to a modern repro one.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:18 am

Like you say it will depend on what we see but I'll be looking for something silver with roman numerals and a hunter case, ideally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ring out the old...   Ring out the old... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ring out the old...
Page 1 of 1