CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Empty
PostSubject: Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:08 am

OK guys, the game drops in just a week in the US, a week and a bit here in the UK. Obviously with WWE Universe mode this year, we are going to have more freedom than ever to mess with the lives of the rostered talent in the game

So here’s my idea. Lets play a little game of “Push” “Shove” “Hold”. Your task is to look at the roster of playable characters and consider where they are currently ranked on television in the great WWE scheme of things. Are they main event, mid-card, opening talent, or jobber fodder. Do they feature prominently enough, do they hold a title, etc etc. And then consider what you will do with them in the game, RELATIVE TO THAT REAL LIFE POSITION.

Will you “Push” a talent to make them more high profile and nearer the top of the card

Will you “Shove” a talent to knock them back down the card

Or will you “Hold” a talent to keep them where they are.

Remember, this is based on their relative position. So you may want to push Orton in your game, but as he’s already WWE champion, you can’t push him any further, so he’d be a hold.

My picks below.

RAW Roster:Bret Hart – Hold, used as an occasional attraction
Sheamus - Hold
David Hart Smith – Push as tag team champions
Tyson Kidd – Push as tag team champions
Alicia Fox - Shove
The Miz – Push to the WWE Championship
Triple H – Shove. He gets to do some mid-carding.
Chris Jericho – Push back to main event
Edge - Hold
John Cena – Hold as Barrett’s bitch
Randy Orton - Hold
John Morrison – Shove. Jobber fodder for a while, though I might partner him with Bourne as a tag team
R-Truth – Shove, shove all the way, out the door, and never to be seen again
Evan Bourne – Push to cruiser title
Eve – Hold as a non-entity
Melina - Hold
Shawn Michaels – Another HHH position.
Batista - Shove
Mark Henry - Hold
Santino Marella - Shove
Ted DiBiase - Hold
Primo - Hold
William Regal – Push, heavy push. US Champion
Zack Ryder – Hold/Shove
Vladimir Kozlov - Shove
Goldust – Hold. Million Dollar Champion
Yoshi Tatsu – Push to compete with Bourne for Cruiser title
Ezekiel Jackson – Based on this week’s RAW, hold
Gail Kim – Push as women’s champ
Brie Bella – Shove, out the same door R Truth left by
Nikki Bella – See her sister
Natalya – Push to win women’s title from Gail Kim
Maryse - Shove
Vince McMahon - Hold

Wade Barrett – Push to win WWE title at later point

Justin Gabriel – Push to win Cruiser title at later point

David Otunga – Shove. He’s awful

Smackdown Roster:
Drew McIntyre – Shove. He’s boring as hell
Vance Archer - Hold
Luke Gallows - Hold
Kane – Shove, in that I don’t want him as champion
Dolph Ziggler – Push toward WHC
The Undertaker – Shove, in that I don’t want him as the main draw
Rey Mysterio – Shove. Transfer to RAW to go after the cruiser title
Big Show - Hold
CM Punk – Well he’s on RAW now, but Push
Kofi Kingston - Shove
Jack Swagger - Push
Christian - Hold
Kelly Kelly - Shove
Beth Phoenix - Push
Matt Hardy – Shove out the same door R Truth left by
MVP - Hold
Chavo Guerrero – Hold, maybe push in the cruisers
JTG - Hold
Shad - Shove
Cody Rhodes – Shove, don’t want him as tag champ
Finlay - Push
Michelle McCool – Shove. She’s had too much air time simply because of Taker
Shelton Benjamin – Hold, as in make him a non-entity
Mike Knox - Push
Hornswaggle (Non Playable Character)
Paul Bearer (Non Playable Character)
Mickey James – Hold as a non-entity

The Druid – Push to the moon!!!

Chris Masters - Hold

Legends:

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka
Terry Funk
Ricky Steamboat

Rob Van Dam

British Bulldog

Lex Luger
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Bret Hart – Shove, possibly release. I like Bret as much as the next guy but he's doing absolutely nothing for the company, being there.
Sheamus - Shove. Severely overrated, more a mid-carder than anything else. Dunno how he got to be champ.
David Hart Smith – Push as tag team champions
Tyson Kidd – Push as tag team champions
Alicia Fox - Throw into a wood chipper.
The Miz – Push to the WWE Championship
Triple H – Hold.
Chris Jericho – Hold.
Edge - Hold
John Cena – Shove into irrelevance. (Yeah, like that'll ever happen) Still, I'll never feature him. Let him drop off the earth for all I care.
Randy Orton - Hold.
John Morrison – Push. Needs more of a higher presense in shows.
R-Truth – Hold. Yeah... hold him as a jobber. :P Can't shove everyone and he's at least decent for pushing others.
Evan Bourne – Push to cruiser title
Eve – ----
Melina - Shove.
Shawn Michaels – Hold
Batista - Hold
Mark Henry - Shove, keep off TV as much as possible.
Santino Marella - Push to the moon. :P Santino should feature more.
Ted DiBiase - Shove. Boring.
Primo - Hold as mid-carder. He can feature well against others.
William Regal – Hold where he is.
Zack Ryder – Push to the moon again. His obnoxious, jersey shore douchebag gimmick is really relevant, and plus I like him as a wrestler. Feature a lot more.
Vladimir Kozlov - Push, but just a little. Guy needs to look like more of a threat, less like a joke.
Goldust – Hold
Yoshi Tatsu – Push just a bit.
Ezekiel Jackson – Push, same as Koslov.
Gail Kim – Shove off.
Brie Bella –Thrown into the same wood chipper as Fox.
Nikki Bella – See above.
Natalya – Hold.
Maryse - Hold.
Vince McMahon - Yeah. I'm gonna tell vince what to do. :P That'll go over well. But in all honesty, I think he serves most purpose as a supporting non-wrestler character on tv, and in my game.
Wade Barrett – Hold for a bit until his immediate novelty wears off, and Nexus disbands and then release his ass.
Justin Gabriel – Same as above, hold onto for a while then fire.
David Otunga – Fire well before that. Like now. Absolutely sucks.

Smackdown Roster:

Drew McIntyre – Push, but seriously needs a new entrance, music, tron and gimmick. Great talent, horrible entrance/gimmick.
Vance Archer - Hold
Luke Gallows - Give a decent mid-card singles push, even maybe put him in contention for a lesser belt, but to come up short.
Kane – Hold for a while, let him complte his title run, then knock him back down to where he previously was.
Dolph Ziggler – Worthless. Fire. ASAP.
The Undertaker – Hold, indefinitely. As usual. He's Taker, dammit.
Rey Mysterio – Fucking bury.
Big Show - Hold
CM Punk – Push to the fucking moon. On Raw. Have him fued with a face Miz for the WWE Championship, back and forth title wins and feud.
Kofi Kingston - Push.
Jack Swagger - Shove, mid-card mediocrity for a bit, then bury.
Christian - Push, to main Smackdown title picture.
Kelly Kelly - Wood chipper.
Beth Phoenix - Hold.
Matt Hardy – Humiliate him on a regular basis by keeping him regularly in matches to get squashed. Consider it purgatory. :P
MVP - Push to the moon. Main title contention.
Chavo Guerrero – Shove.
JTG - Shove off.
Shad - Push as WWE previously planned. See where it would have gone. Possibly mid-level title contention.
Cody Rhodes – Shove. Sucks. GTFO.
Finlay - Hold.
Michelle McCool – Woodchipper.
Shelton Benjamin – Have him return, but put on matches and use as entertianing filler, and occasional wins.
Mike Knox - Shove off the face of the earth.
Hornswaggle (Non Playable Character)
Paul Bearer (Non Playable Character)
Mickey James – ----

The Druid – Try to make him a character in his own right. :P See how that goes.
Chris Masters - Shove off the face of the earth.

AND for all the people I either shove or don't even bother to play as or even have in WWE Universe, replace or fill those spots with my CAS's, as well as having enough additional characters to also fill a third new WWE brand. But half of my characters will also join Raw and Smackdown as well.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Shove Hold or Push   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:06 am

Its always quite interesting with things like this to see how different people see the same talent.

For instance, you'd fire Dolph Ziggler. I'd push him. I think he's a very entertaining young talent that can really develop, and he has good entertaining matches. You think Drew McIntyre is a great talent, I think he's very mediocre in the ring (despite the fact that as he's British I should support him).

Quite surprised at your burial of Barrett and Gabrield though. Justin Gabriel is by no means a great talker, but I think he's very good in the ring and could be a useful addition to a cruiserweight revival for the company. Take his matches with Orton and Cena, he looked very good.

Likewise, Barrett has improved tremendously in the ring of late, and he's also a good talker. He's playing the cocky smarmy and hateful heel role perfectly at the moment for me.

And as for Cena himself, I can't hate the guy. He may be the WWE corporate poster boy, and yes he's overexposed to a degree but he works hard out there and its difficult to think of a really bad match he's had. Right now the thing with Barrett is brilliant television. If he changed his moveset slightly, and more importantly if he went full heel (as I'll make him in the game) then he could be excellent.

Incidentally, I'm not saying you are wrong with your choices - I just find it interesting how views and opinions vary.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 am

Reaper wrote:

Incidentally, I'm not saying you are wrong with your choices - I just find it interesting how views and opinions vary.

Of course. We all have different points of view. : )

And yes, I think I was harsh on Barret and Gabriel, to an extent. I think it's just that outside of the Nexus, I don't see much of a future for them, and even Nexus is beginning to stagnate. (And I once said it was the best thing on their programming).

I just can't imagine after the Nexus angle (that people are starting to tire of) winds down, where they go from there.

Maybe they could pull something, but I just don't think that most people (myself included) see them as being as good as anyone else in WWE right now. I might say Wade, but I think he needs to improve a HELL of a lot more before that happens.

Like, to an epic degree. I just have serious doubts that he'll be able to shake off the "greener than a forest" stigma any time soon.

Incidentally, I see more of a future in Kaval than ANY of the Season 1 winners when it comes to overall talent (Aside from Bryan who is brilliant and could be the next Benoit (In the good way of course, not the bad way. ehe.)

....and they are currently doing all they can to bury and humiliate Kaval right now. : (
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Next for Nexus   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 am

Well, I see both Gabriel and Barrett slightly differently. I think Gabriel could work quite well as a face cruiserweight if the turn was handled right, and I could see something like he and Bourne together as a tag team. I think he's good enough, and I certainly think he's as good as many of the talent they have brought up before. Justin is a good reliable cruiserweight wrestler.

As for Barrett, I'll concede that he still needs to add a slight degree of polish, but I really don't think he's as green as you paint him. I think he's coped very well with suddenly being plonked into such a high profile role, and I do really think his recent in-ring performances have shown he's about there now. The feud with Cena has put Barrett in a good position for his future with the company. He can play the manipulative heel quite well now even when Nexus breaks. He and Regal as a tag team would be excellent as well

But comparing either of those guys to Kaval is a little unfair. We all know Kaval/Low-Ki has been a player on the international circuit for years. He's had much more exposure and experience than either of them and, Matt will correct me if I've got this wrong, but I think Low-Ki even came over to the FWA as a guest trainer at roughly the same time Gabriel (as PJ Black) was still training there.

Incidentally, on Kaval, I don't think they are burying him. I think this fighting spirit underdog never give up stuff has the potential to build and make him
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:27 am

Reaper wrote:

Incidentally, on Kaval, I don't think they are burying him. I think this fighting spirit underdog never give up stuff has the potential to build and make him

Well, when he's basically being steamroll crushed by Chavo, I have to pretty much throw my hands up, take two steps and do a Flair flop, at that point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands   Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Push, Shove, or Hold - their fate is in your hands
Page 1 of 1