CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Empty
PostSubject: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:24 am

Copied and pasted from the same place I got those Create-An-Arena pictures from.

"Create a wrestler mode: They haven't removed anything at all from last year. At least when it comes to appearances I mean. The build I played didn't include the create a moveset mode yet.

They have added a few cool things though. There are some new hair options I think you'll like More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Smiley

Still no arm tassles for Warrior from what I saw.

And something else VERY cool: You can now combine names from a long list to create better name announcements. Similar to Showdown LOW but with fewer name options. For example you can string together 1.THE 2.MACHO 3.MAN and he'll be announced that way in entrances and winnings. Also you can make the Michael Cole & Jerry Lawler call your caw something different. So no more "The Superstar" lol

I was sitting there trying to piece together 1.The 2.Ultimate 3.Warrior but there is no Warrior option sadly. One of the reps from Yukes saw me trying and he came over and said that since Warrior isn't licensed for this particular game they couldn't include the pieces needed to make the announcers say his name. I assume it's probably because of the past lawsuit Warrior filed against them.

I'll be posting pics of caw mode soon for you all.

Gameplay = AWESOME. There are lots of new camera angles and sometimes the camera will actually sort of shake...not like the normal shaking it does but I mean it will shake as if there is a cameraman moving and it looks totally cool and realistic.

When you do a move ex bodyslam...the ring shakes like a real ring and it makes the feeling of the game so much better. The ropes are also more flexible and lifelike.

As many of you already know, you can interrupt moves now which will blow your mind with how cool that actually is.

The matches flow as smooth as silk. The reversal system is great and really helps with that smooth flow.

A lot of reused commentary but a lot new as well.

CM Punk's new theme is in. R-Truth's "Little Jimmy" entrance is in. "
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:28 am

Sounds good, and the combination ring names should at least allow a few more options. Allowing for the fact that he's playing an early build, more options might even be added later - though obviously not "Ultimate Warrior" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 am

At least the word "Ultimate" is in. I guess that's ok. Razz

My feeling is that if there's something reasonably close, than I'm ok with the game calling him something like: "The Ultimate" or "The Ultimate Wallace" or something.

Speaking of which one of the guys who maintains the GamingRing website also said that he was able to make "Mike Gaming Ring" as a name.

Which means MIKE is a name. No more "Micheal" cheers

Even if "Rocket" isn't included, something else will do. As long as it's not "Rotch" >_>

David Sand perhaps? Or David Shad? ...David Chaz? Again, as long as something approximates the end result, I'm always ok with that.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if "Steve Awesome" is actually creatable!

As he said... anything is better than "The Superstar", because in all the past games, I just give the fuck up and call EVERYONE "The Superstar".
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 am

I'm sure there will be something suitable. Really looking forward to this now.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:09 am

Interesting, interesting. About time they overhauled the announcing names system! I wonder if I'll be able to create a Joxide name. Possibly it might end up being something like "Joke Cyde" hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 am

Which tends to be what we call you anyway, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:56 am

That's what it was? I thought we called him "Shitnose Joxipants"
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 am

Don't forget Cock-side. Or the one favoured by my colleagues: lazy streak of piss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.   More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More WWE '12 Hands-On impressions from someone who was there and played it.
Page 1 of 1