CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Gear Live and MPH Show

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Top Gear Live and MPH Show Empty
PostSubject: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:00 am

Well, when I got home from the office last night, I found a rather nice thing waiting for me. My tickets for Top Gear Live and the MPH motorshow have arrived.

Really looking forward to this. I'm obviously a massive petrolhead, and I've been wanting to go to the Top Gear live tour shows ever since they started doing them. I've just never got around to booking the tickets. This year when they came up I didn't do my usual of "oh I'll think about that", I just went out and booked on the first day. I also jumped right in at the deep end by opting to go for the top package, the platinum seats!

My seats are in the fourth row at Earls Court, meaning I should be close enough to smell the burning rubber and choke on the brake dust. As part of my ticket, I get

• Entry to the MPH performance motor show at Earls Court
  • Entry to the Top Gear Live 90 minute live show, with premium seating
  • Backstage tour after the show
  • Paddock Tour
  • Exclusive entry to the supercar paddocks
  • Free soft drinks all day
  • Free beer and wine
  • 2 Course lunch
  • Big Book of Top Gear 2011
  • Goody bag

And after recent developments, I may even get to audition to be the new Stig :0)

Can't wait for it now.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:51 am

Sounds fantastic mate, not up my street, but can see the appeal. (I fade in and out of Top Gear).

The next thing I'm doing is sweeping the Mrs off to London for her Birthday (and I'll let you know if we're going to be about for a catch up, still got a few things to iron out re: time).

I think after that the next money-spending Project is holiday. I certainly need one!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:51 am

Ooh, that sounds fun! I'm not a big car fan, but Top Gear is a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 am

Its tomorrow!!!!

I'm very excited about this now !!!!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 am

I'm so fucked off! I was going to get a ticket to Foo Fighters next year, but my supervisor wouldn't let me go for my breakfast at 9am so I could buy a ticket. Now they've sold out, and it's her fault I didn't get a ticket! She knew why I wanted to go at 9am as well! BITCH!!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:21 am

Bugger! Still, at least you have Sean Locke to look forward to!

Just seen on the Top gear website that thanks to their breeding programme they have got a new Stig for the live shows. Excellent!!!

Check out the video on there, very funny and a couple of nice pops at Ben Collins as well.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 am

Yeah, that and a gig in December my mate and I are going to in Manchester.

A new Stig? I wonder who this one is.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 am

Probably one of the Touring Car drivers they have used previously for skits. Tom Chiltern perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:56 am

I'll post more tomorrow when I have some more time, but just want to say that Top Gear Live was ABSOLUTELY FREAKING GOD DAMN AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:38 am

Glad you enjoyed it. Sean Lock was hilarious last night.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:32 am

It was a really great show. Hightlights of the main Top gear show included:

A girl in a metal costume with flamethrowers on each arm setting fire to two Porsche 911s as they powerslid around her, leaving trails of fire behind them

A live action version of the Fast and the Furious in which the Stig in a Shelby Mustang takes on and defeats a Mazda RX8, a Nissan GTR, and a Ferrari 430

A battle between a sword wielding motorcyclist and a JCB Digger

A live action scene in which the Stig steals a top secret prototype car and is then chased by security cars sporting gun toting Terminators

A choreographed stunt routine involving four cars looking like space shuttles

A game of 3 a side football played by Reliant Robins

Jeremy, James, and Richard racing home made electric vehicles

James May trying to set fire to Jeremy Clarkson's testicles with a blowtorch while he was protected only by a pizza

The surrounding car show was excellent too. There was a really rather gorgeous customised Rolly Royce Phantom there which I was lounging around the drivers seat of until the guy told me it was worth £890,000.

Plus, because of the tickets I had, free beer !
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Gear Live and MPH Show   Top Gear Live and MPH Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Gear Live and MPH Show
Page 1 of 1