CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bragging Rights (Spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Bragging Rights (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Bragging Rights (Spoilers)   Bragging Rights (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:10 pm

A few random thoughts on Bragging rights.

Overall not a great PPV by any means.

Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan had a fantastic opening contest. Ziggles looked excellent in it, and Bryan was actually given a chance to really work a match and tell a story. Some lovely stuff from him, and it was a clear demonstration that he's over with the crowd. Nice that he got a clean finish to a match which had the crowd enthused and really was the best of the night.

I'm gobsmacked to report that Layla actually did something which impressed me - her arms grapevine rings of Saturnesque move was quite nice.

Cena and Otunga as tag team champions makes perfect sense in terms of Cena driving a wedge into the Nexus. They have been teasing an Otunga split/takeover, and he'll probably get in Barret's face at being the first Nexus member to claim gold. I just hope it doesn't mean Otunga is going face because no-one in the world is ready to cheer for that man. Not only is he unbelievably bad in the ring, but he's an absolute charisma vacuum. Having him go face and try to get crowd support will leave him dying on his ass.

Dibiase and Goldust had a match which was OK, but nothing special, and the ending sucked because Goldust's rookie is absolutely dire. Catastrophically biblically bad.

Kane and Undertaker's match was the drizzling shits. I gather Taker is actually injured but even so it was bad. I have no idea what sort of sense it makes for Nexus to attack Taker, why Barrett would risk it ahead of a world title match, and most importantly why he wouldn't order Cena out there to attack Taker. They need to do a lot of work to put that back together. However, I did like the advert for Survivor Series suggesting they haven't forgotten the higher power story. So maybe it plays into that?

The Smackdown/RAW bragging rights match was OK. R-Truth was out early, which suits me, and it worked ok from there. I did really want to see Jackson eat Mysterio though.

As for the Orton/Barrett main event. it was OK, but the ending was spoilt as soon as Barrett told Cena he had to win the MATCH and not the TITLE. Nice way to further the angle though, and I do thing this thing with Cena and Nexus has a lot of legs left in it. I'm interested to see RAW tonight and how its played out.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Bragging Rights (Spoilers)   Bragging Rights (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah, from what i've been reading, people have been utterly shitting on this PPV left and right.

I've seen a lot of posts from a lot of people calling this "The worst Pay-Per-Veiw in the last decade."

Of course, I don't have an opinion as I didn't see it and your post is the first i've known about anything that went down. But I have been wondering how so many people have been just shitting on this PPV completely as the "worst ever."

And just by reading your post, I can tell it doesn't sound eventful or exciting in the least. Except maybe the Nexus thing, but truth be told, i've been tired of it for a while now.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Bragging Rights (Spoilers)   Bragging Rights (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

I've just seen a bit. And yeah it was probably a sensible ending to the main event (why it was main event over the Buried alive baffles me). Generally though this seems like some poor booking and generally some poor matches. Shame because it had seemed like WWE was getting back on the right track with some of their PPVS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bragging Rights (Spoilers)   Bragging Rights (Spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bragging Rights (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1