CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Empty
PostSubject: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 am

Well, I have to make an apology to Chris and Mike this morning. Recently as they have slated RAW and the WWE's slide from its position of early Summer, I have been here to defend them and say "just hold on for a second, don't jump to judge, lets see where its going". But after watching last night's abomination of a RAW, I have to hold my hands up and say they were right, and that WWE has utterly and totally lost the plot.

That has to be one of the worst 2 hours of television I have ever seen. Its utterly nonsensical and self-destructive booking, and worst still, it bears striking similarities to WCW booking which the WWE has mocked in its DVD retrospectives.

Firstly, you have the entire roster (virtually) walk out on the show due to a couple of really pretty mild attacks by two or three guys, claiming its unsafe. This from a roster of professional wrestlers who batter one another week in week out, who have cage matches, and who didn't consider such a course of action when the Nexus were attacking half a dozen people a week in much more brutal fashion. It makes sense if the heels do it to undermine HHH. It makes no sense for the faces to do it and basically look like complete toothless assholes.

It makes even less sense to then have four top faces who don't walk out - thus ensuring that you have destroyed the mid-card and any chance they have of being taken seriously as threats to the upper card guys.

And then the cherry on the cake, HHH comes out and basically says it doesn't matter that they walked because they all suck anyway and a broomstick could have a better match. This posse includes ALL YOUR COMPANY'S CHAMPIONS. So all your champions are worthless? What's the point in them being champions then?

It takes over 40 minutes to reach a point where the three top faces say "we're staying" - Yeah we guessed that as you were there, and then for Vince to finally appear and announce HHH had been fired as RAW GM and replaced with John Laryngitus. You could have accomplished the same thing and generated more heat with that being done in 3 minutes.

The crowd obviously couldn't give a toss about Johnny Ace. They don't even hate him enough to boo him. He's just non-descript. They haven't done anywhere near enough with this storyline. Its been ridiculously rushed so that everyone has come out looking weak and we have no clear unerstanding of why everyone is now siding with Laurinitus. This needed to be built up over time. More people being fired, more unpredictable attacks, more simmering discontent. As it is its just made the roster look worthless. If I'm a kid now, why should I care in the slightest about any of them?

And then we have a terrible women's match, a decidedly average 6 man match featuring the sheep-shagging Batista, and a pretty average main event. The only glimmer of hope was Cody .v. Orton.

This edition of RAW sucked ball.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:46 am

That sounds bad. I haven't watched any wrestling sinse the RAW after Wrestlemania, and it seems I haven't missed much. The only thing I've seen that's wrestling related is Zack Ryder. He's pretty funny, and if someone like him got a decent push in WWE I may come back to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 am

Actually, Zack is getting a fairly decent push at the moment. You have missed some brilliant stuff over the summer. The Money in the Bank PPV was superb. But the last couple of months have just seen a nosedive in quality.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am

I'm sure things will pick up again soon. Was HIAC not good?

It's good to know that someone who deserves a push is getting one. Hopefully they don't mess it up like they usually do, and end up releasing Zack Ryder or leaving him in mid-card obscurity.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 am

As I said when we were discussing it before it does sound bad. Rushed thinking rather than letting things play out naturally.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 am

I haven't watched the whole shows of late due to how little interest I have in it now, but even reading the recaps hurts my head. How can they seriously go from Punk vs Cena to THIS? Why is Triple H the top babyface in the company? Just what is going on over there?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:28 am

DS mentioned Foley as a possible and I could have seen that working. He may still come in, of course, to take over from Ace. I just don't know why they seem to messed up the Punk v The Company push, the opportunity to have Cena turn heel, or let Trips concentrate on being the public face of the company and not having to wrestle. The whole deal with Ace confuses me too. He's just not over enough to be a credible main villian in the piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)   So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, last night's RAW again (Spoilers obviously!)
Page 1 of 1