CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Very sad news about Barry Windham

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Very sad news about Barry Windham Empty
PostSubject: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Former NWA champion Barry Windham is currently in intensive care in Florida after what isnow believed to have been a heart attack. His father, Bob (Blackjack Mulligan) descrbed the condition of the 50-year-old Windham as "near death," and asked for people to pray for him.

Windham was one of the greatest in-ring talents in the history of the industry, particularly in the 80s while working for Jim Crockett Promotions when he was a member of the Four Horseman as a heel, and earlier as a top babyface world title contender.

He is the brother-in-law of current WWE agent Mike Rotunda and the uncle of two of WWE's wrestlers in FCW, Husky Harris (Windham Rotunda) and Bo Rotunda (Taylor Rotunda).
Windham was reportedly found at his ranch, collapsed, by Mike Rotunda.

Great shame. Barry was a great wrestler. Hope he pulls through.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

....if that wasn't bad enough, reports have just come in that Jerry Brisco has died.

EDIT: This has been revealed to be a bad hoax source on Twitter. Jerry Brisco is alive and well.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:35 pm

It's a real shame about both of them. I remember Windham especially as he was around when I was watching WCW wrestling. He was one of the little figures in their game I bought years ago, along with the likes of Sting, the Steiners, Luger, Flair, Pillman and Arn Anderson.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:37 pm

JUST found out that Jerry Brisco is alive and well. Someone on Twitter lied, and Diamond Dallas Page re-tweeted, believing it was correct.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 pm

From a technical wrestling standpoint, Windham was one of the very best ever. He was up there with Flair and Steamboat- in fact his NWA/WCW title matches with Flair are amazing. He just never quite had the showman charisma to get the credit he deserved.

He'll be in the version of the Horsemen I create on WWE12 though.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 1:45 am

I don't remember much about Barry Windham, except the West Texas Rednecks stable he was in with Bobby Duncum Jr, Curt Hennig & (I think) Kendl Windham in WCW, feuding against Konnan, Kidman & Rey Jr. They even released a song called Rap Is Crap. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very sad news about Barry Windham   Very sad news about Barry Windham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very sad news about Barry Windham
Page 1 of 1