CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Empty
PostSubject: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 am

I had high hopes for that section when I made it. :p

I love that Shand used it to great effect for a while, but I had also planned to also use it a lot.

But so far, I havn't. I've been putting it off. Why?

Because I know how damn long it's gonna take me to write a review for any of the plethora of things that I would LOVE to review and talk about.

When I write a review, it ends up being in-depth, and long. Like, I mean looong. And takes a lot of work. I mean, the whole thing about endlessly re-writing, re-checking, and perfecting a review for hours on end to make sure it's comprehensive. :p

And frankly, i've been hesitant and lazy because when I write a review, I go all out.

Like for instance, I planned on doing a review of the entire first season of The Twilight Zone. Episode for episode for all 30+ first season episodes.

Yeah. I kept putting it off because that is a tall order. And literally anything else I care to review, shit... I might as well write a book about. :p

So yeah. Just saying... that's why I havn't used it yet. Because when I do it, I know it's going to be a project. And i've been avoiding the work. :p
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 am

....that and I have a strong suspicion that after I put in all that effort, i'll just be greeted with a "tl;dr" response.

I hate those, btw.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 am

I have to agree to be honest. My review of Antichrist was fine, although rushed, because I feel if you review a film you don't want to give too much away. Thing is I've wanted to do a few more but haven't had the time.

For example, I've lined up an album to review, and a couple games, yet I just haven't got the energy to sit down and go for it as in depth as I feel I would.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 am

I wrote an awesome review, and it's the second most viewed thread in that section lol.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 am

I'll review stuff when I have something I particularly want to review which others might find interesting, but TBH I am not going to spend oodles of time on doing it. I write it once, off the top of my head, and that's it. I won't agonise and spend hours and hours on it. I never do with any of my writing. It comes from the job. I don't have time to mew over things for days. Sometimes you have to learn to let go and say "that's good enough".
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.   The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The reason I havn't personally used the Review Section yet.
Page 1 of 1