CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Juan" Cena comes to the WWE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

"Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Empty
PostSubject: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 am

Yes, in a masterstroke of subtlety, the WWE have announced that at upcoming untelevised house shows, the matches originally scheduled to feature John Cena will now feature Cena's Mexican cousin, Juan Cena. This will of course be John working under a mask so that he can continue to appear on shows despite being "fired".

I'm not making this up, its entirely genuine.

There's no word yet on whether the gimmick might make TV in the longer term, although Cena (John that is) has apparently "bought tickets" for next week's RAW, so he will be there.

Anyone else get painful flashbacks to Hulk Hogan/Mr America?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:46 am

Oh God no! That's going to be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 am

Just reminds me why I don't watch it regularly anymore...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 am

........Looks like someone at the WWE writing staff has been playing Rey Mysterio's Road To Wrestlemania on Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

Because that is exactly what Swagger did with Tope Americano luchador mask thing,

How original. *rolls eyes*

Except this is far stupider.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 am

Do you think he'll attempt some high flying moves and some submission based wrestling? That'd be hilarious to watch!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 am

TBH I don't think this will ever make TV, or even be acknowledged by the WWE on TV. Its really just a way for the WWE not to disappoint the kids who have got their parents to get them tickets in the hope that they would see their favourite wrestlers. Its a gimmick for the kids, and TBH after thinking about it for a while, I don't think its that bad. The company always does stuff on house shows that never make TV - heels play good guys, good guys heels, people come out wearing each others ring gear (Umaga did one in Randy Orton's tights once!) and its just a bit of fun.

Arguably it is a bit bad, given the emotional send off and the TV angle. I can see people thinking it damages the Nexus angle and the build, and its on obvious jar with the TV product, but I can sort of see why its being done.

However, if they put this on TV, then its a different matter. Then I'd agree it craps all over the fans and the angle and the point of doing any of the Nexus stuff. I'd be against that. I suppose I'm just seeing house shows and TV shows as a different product.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Well, I was really annoyed that this was happening, and that I was completly presuming this would make WWE TV, so I made a bold statement saying "Fuck WWE, I'm not watching."

But if what you say is true, Shand, and this won't make TV, then I will totally let this pass and give it a stay of execution.

However, if it does make it to TV....
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE   "Juan" Cena comes to the WWE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Juan" Cena comes to the WWE
Page 1 of 1