CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.

Go down 
+2
Mjolnir
NightStarX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Empty
PostSubject: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:29 pm

As the title says, WWE are now selling OFFICIALLY LICENCED "Cena Sucks" T-Shirts.

At this point, they might as well print and sell T-Shirts that say "WWE Are completely out of control and have no idea what our own audience wants from us, anymore, so here is a corporate licensed T-shirt sarcastically demeaning ourselves and the product we're trying to sell to you, done for the sole reason of us not even trying to figure out what we're actually doing wrong, hoping pathetically to gain your approval with all the dignity of a beaten housewife, that stabbing ourselves in the face will somehow appeal to you more and encourage you to give us additional money by acknowledging our clueless-ness in the most asinine and forced way that is humanly possible."

But , yeah, perhaps that's just not as catchy.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm

And seriously. One would normally think i'd post something like "Well... I'd buy one anyway."

But to be honest, no I wouldn't. Because when it's "official" like this, and WWE selling me the t-shirt, I just find that so much more incredibly insulting than anything else. :/
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 am

God Mike, melodramatic much?

If there is a demand for a product, then the business should supply the product to meet the demand. Doing anything else is poor business. Its an opportunity to make money, and making comparisons to domestic abuse is just silly, frankly.

What you have to realise is where "Cena Sucks" now sits in the eyes of the fans. Simply put, it is no longer a genuine outpouring of hatred towards the character. It may have started amongst a hardcore of fans who objected to the way the WWE pushed him, and blamed him (as the WWE's poster boy) for all that they saw wrong as the company moved away from the attitude era, but now its taken on something much more akin to the Kurt Angle "You Suck" chants during his entrance. Now, no-one that stage genuinely thought Kurt Angle sucked, and the vast majority of those who now chant along to the Cena Sucks chants don't genuinely think Cena sucks now. Its simply something that gets chanted at the wrestling. Its much bigger than those attitude era fanboys these days - who BTW all need to stop masturbating over ECW videos and accept that the business has moved on.

WWE are using the angle now and acknowledging it. Its part of Cena's character - a part that is going to get pushed to the moon as the run up to Mania starts - and it makes sense to use it. WWE aren't genuinely saying "this main event wrestler we pay several million dollars a year is really fecking awful and not worth the money". What they are saying is "We're happy for our fans to express their opinion, and we're going to have some fun with it - and make some money out of it as we go".

If you think that's a bad decision, or a sign of them not knowing what they are doing, then I think you need to reconsider.

People really need to give up on this genuine anti-Cena stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 am

Selling those T shirts seems like good business sense to me! Like Dave said it's no different to Angle's "You Suck" meme or anyone feuding with Stone Cold to get "WHAT!?" after every single line of dialogue on the microphone.

Can't say I'd buy one personally but I can definitely see why people will. Seems silly not to capitalise on this chance.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 am

Meh.

I still think it reeks of WWE's obnoxious complacence by coming right out and saying that their entire plans with Cena have gone horribly wrong since day one. And that they're just completely willing to insult the fans they weren't able to win over with Cena by having T-Shirts that essentially say "Ok, Our #1 Guy Sucks Because We Just Give Up" as an snarky, insulting "official" product to make money off of.

I still think the shirt is terribly obnoxious, and merely trying to turn the internet-based anti-WWE-product attitude that jaded IWC fans have into a slogan and say "Yeah, we actually wanted you to hate Cena this whole time. Buy our Shirt. We Suck."

I think one one hand it's insulting and pathetic for WWE to try and take the people that won't buy Cena merchandise because they don't like him, and shove this Cena merch at them, anyway. Yet on the other hand, anyone that would buy this shirt is a moron being led by just this kind of manipulative desperation.

Of course it's a genius move. But it absolutely, positively, is bereft of any sense of integrity or self-respect. Just as it's just as much of a dick move at the same time. I don't like it at all that they're essentially taking credit for utterly failing to get the public behind Cena, and coming out with this official shirt anyway, so they can say this was their master plan after all. That somehow the Anti-Cena crap they've gotten for years was their idea all along, and now there's an official t-shirt.

I think it shows that they have zero respect for their fanbase and zero respect for either side of their audience, and now zero respect for their own integrity. I still find the shirt offensive, and to me, sums up everything that I can't stand about corporations that smugly tells you that they have you by the balls no matter what, and want to charge for it.

It's just as offensive to me as a McDonalds T-Shirt that says "McDonalds Sucks", or Republicans selling a "Republicans Suck" t-shirt, or democrats selling a "Democrats Suck" t-shirt just because they know they have a vocal group of naysayers that hate them so much that they can make a buck off their gullibility, and asking people that don't support or like them to pay for it, and smugly act like any anti-sentiment they have, they created for self-promotion.

I think it smacks of disrespect of themselves and others by saying that they created everyone else's opinion for them. And even worse, throws themselves under the bus to do it. Trading dignity for money.

Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 am

NightStarX wrote:
coming right out and saying that their entire plans with Cena have gone horribly wrong since day one.

Yes, absolutely. Because its not like the guy has any fans at all, or sells any merchandise for them, or has been booked to appear on mainstream chat shows, or has mainstream sports stars copying his moves, or has been a poster boy for the company, or has sustained their live gate and PPV buyrates, or ever has anyone turning up to see him when he does live shows. No, not like any of that happens.......

......oh, wait a minute. Rolling Eyes

NightStarX wrote:
having T-Shirts that essentially say "Ok, Our #1 Guy Sucks Because We Just Give Up" .

Except, of course, the t-shirts aren't doing that. At all.

NightStarX wrote:
I still think the shirt is terribly obnoxious, and merely trying to turn the internet-based anti-WWE-product attitude that jaded IWC fans have into a slogan and say "Yeah, we actually wanted you to hate Cena this whole time. Buy our Shirt. We Suck.".

Again, that isn't what they are saying. They are treating the "Cena Sucks" chant as the fun thing they have now become. As I said, its grown way beyond the IWC, and the company clearly aren't now saying they think Cena sucks, or else they wouldn't be pushing his pro-Cena gear as well.

That said, if the company did an angle where it "turned on Cena" and DID start saying he sucked, and in turn he turned heel on them, it would frankly be a genius angle!

NightStarX wrote:
led by just this kind of manipulative desperation.

You mean good business sense!

NightStarX wrote:
Of course it's a genius move. But it absolutely, positively, is bereft of any sense of integrity or self-respect.

No, its not. Not at all. Just like the "Angle Sucks" shirt wasn't.

NightStarX wrote:
they're essentially taking credit for utterly failing to get the public behind Cena, and coming out with this official shirt anyway, so they can say this was their master plan after all. That somehow the Anti-Cena crap they've gotten for years was their idea all along, and now there's an official t-shirt.

But as I said, they haven't failed to get the public behind Cena. He makes them more money than most of the rest of the roster combined. Cena is designed to appeal to a certain sector of the audience, one which is more important to them now than the geek IWC. He does that EXCEPTIONALLY well.

NightStarX wrote:
It's just as offensive to me as a McDonalds T-Shirt that says "McDonalds Sucks", or Republicans selling a "Republicans Suck" t-shirt, or democrats selling a "Democrats Suck" t-shirt

No its not. As I said, "Cena Sucks" has become part of the fandom, part of his character. Its not like politicians try to suck - they have a natural affinity for it.

NightStarX wrote:
Trading dignity for money.

From the company that gave us Katie Vick? Surely not tongue
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 am

WHAT!?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 am

You suck.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:28 am

Cena Sucks!

Says it on a T shirt, must be true!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

I want a Michael Cole Rulz T-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 am

Well, another t shirt says there are only four horsemen. If so, then equestrian medals are going to be fucking easy to win at the Olympics next Summer, and the Grand National's going to be bloody boring.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 am

Mjolnir wrote:
and the Grand National's going to be bloody boring.

No change there.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 am

The t-shirt is a fabulous idea. As I said to DS earlier it's nothing to do with them having lost direction with Cena. More an intelligent view that there are some people that will buy the t-shirt because they genuinely think that Cena sucks and many more people who will buy it because they are in on the joke.

As we also talked about too the indie die-hards will also go into overdrive on the fact that their darlings, Danielson and Punk, are ending the year as champs. Totally ignoring the fact that while they may not have done as much with Punk as originally thought he's a hell of a lot better than when he was an indie star.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 pm

You know what's funny about all the John Cena haters?

They all jumped on the bandwagon and criticized him for the same crap. Five moves of doom, he's always on the show, he wins the title alot, blah blah blah, nanna nanna boo boo.....

But as soon as he didnt have a match at TLC the message boards were going crazy like "WAT!? NO Cena on ppv? Are you serious bro?"

the same with the wwe. They openly stated that they thought the TLC ppv was going to be the lowest bought ppv of the year. They didnt come right out and say it was because of no cena.....but I felt like it was implied at least.

This shirt is great. And playing up the split crowd is a WAY better idea then turning Cena completely heel. I honestly think he needs to just stay the way he is. He turns heel, then the fan reactions flips. kids hate him, IWC loves him. He stays the way he is and he becomes a face to the bigger heels and a heel to the bigger faces. You always have a dynamic of a heel vs a face and i think he should play to that. Doing heelish things when he's being booed, and acting like a face when he's being cheered.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.   WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE.com sells "Cena Sucks" T-Shirt.
Page 1 of 1