CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Empty
PostSubject: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:15 pm

So, Marcus revealed a little bit on a podcast about what happened to him in WWE Universe.

This is to give a tiny bit of insight into how the mode learns and reacts to your changes.

He mentioned that while he was playing, Edge and Christian had made themselves a team tag on the same brand, Raw. When the draft happened in real life, Marcus was interested in how WWE Universe would react if he went into "My WWE" mode where you change things around, and if he just put Edge on Smackdown out of the blue.

What happened is that the game then decided to have Christian come onto Edge's show and followed him there, inturrupted his match and turned on him. Then got a message saying their relationship had become on bad terms.

So this means that when he took Edge off Raw and put him on Smackdown, his WWE Universe in the game, decided that Christian felt betrayed so it automatically stalked him to his new brand, and kicked his ass.

That is awesome.

This means that WWE Universe really does act on these things, even something like that. I can only imagine what the game will decide to do if you change a title without having a match, or if you suddenly decide to put everyone on different brands.

This gives just a bit more insight in just how intelligent this mode is and really makes me more excited to try it out.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:27 pm

also.... I think this on this board, this sounds like it'll be fun just reading posts about what WWE Universe does in your game.

I'll post what my game decides to do if it does anything interesting, and also Shand, and other guys... when you get the game, I wanna hear what it does for you guys. :P Personally.... this is a feature that means a lot to me, when I think about it.

I got started on e-feds because me and Derek, used to play our wrestling games like WWF Attitude, and we tended to make up stories about what happened when we simmed matches. We made all these guys and then we'd make up something based on how it would sim.

Now, mind you, i'm not talking about E-Fed CWA. I'm talking about the days before it, before we went online and turned it into an E-Fed. I mean, just our "hanging out, and making up stuff and writing stories on paper because of what WWF Attitude did" CWA. Then we'd do the promos out on his front porch and then play a match on the game, ect. But that led into what we do now, and frankly, it's how I met all you guys in the first place. When it just started out as two guys making up stuff based on what a video game did. :P

Like, for instance, way back when this game was new, we had a randomly chosen Royal Rumble match (which in our imaginations we pretended it was our early prototype of "Mauled"), and to our surprise Blackjack, a female wrestler based on someone I knew at the time.... won the match.

Then we would write a story about what she'd do next week because she won a match in our game, and so on. It's this kind of "putting wrestling games on simulation, and seeing what it does" that often gave us motivations and ideas, which eventually lead to some of the stuff we came up with.

So, seeing that all these years later, this stuff we used to just make up, is now a real life feature in a wrestling game, is very exciting to me. We always were (and especially me) the kind of guys that would often write stories about characters we came up with. But now Smackdown vs Raw 2011 is going to do this stuff literally.

It's like going back to 1995, when we used to write stories and do promos in character based on all these CAW's, except now the technology, thanks to THQ and Yukes have caught up to that imagination-based stuff.

I know that today, guys like me and Shand play with CAW's more than the in-game roster, and I can say it always leads to inspiration. And this game has two of the things that I always used to have to use my imagination for since 1995:

WWE Universe and Story Creator. And when I hear about a mode like WWE Universe that can serve as inspiration fodder, well that's just awesome.

I think it'll lead to a lot of cool stuff to talk about. Hearing what your caws did on your game, who they turned on, who your champions are.... One of the things that I think is going to make having a board like this awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Universe   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:40 am

That Edge/Christian thing sounds excellent. If it can pick up and respond to things like that then it could get very very interesting.

I'll certainly post what the mode does while I'm playing, though I might hold off until I've got a good selection of CAWs going, and I can start manipulating stories with them. For example I'm thinking of doing a storyline where the Trinity (Reaper/Fox/Fireball) come in and take over a brand, but I won't be making those CAWs (Reaper aside) until I've gone through all the Roads to Wrestlemania and other stuff.

Really looking forward to the Nexus pack as well, as I want to have a RAW feud between Nexus lead by a heel John Cena, and a returning Evolution.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:15 pm

What if, in your game a wrestler starts dating one of your CAWs, then you suddenly change that CAWs gender? :p
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:29 pm

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
What if, in your game a wrestler starts dating one of your CAWs, then you suddenly change that CAWs gender? :p

As far as I know you can't do that without deleting the entire thing and starting over. :P

And yes I know you were kidding, I just don't mind. lol.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm

You must make it a reality! Make it happen (in-game of course), and I will reward you with many cookies.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: CAWs   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:07 am

Take Wheato's idea and bringing it back within the realms of possibility.....

I wonder if the game is intelligent enough to pick up on other changes you might make though. For instance, if you had a CAW that was medium build, around 240lbs, he'd be too heavy to go after the cruiserweight belt. But if you built his stats up so that he was a really top rated guy and in line for all the title shots, but then edited the CAW so that he lost weight and dropped down to say 210lbs, would the game now recognise he could go for the cruiser belt, and line him up for a title shot. Likewise if you made a cruiserweight put on weight and he was cruiser champ, would it prompt you to strip him of the title I wonder?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.   A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tiny bit more insight into how WWE Universe changes as you play, as told by Marcus.
Page 1 of 1