CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What I've done with Universe so far.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

What I've done with Universe so far. Empty
PostSubject: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 am

At the moment, I have turned Monday into Nitro, and have turned Raw into classic Raw Is War (with accurate arena) and moved it to Fridays.

The Raw roster combines Raw AND Smackdown, ending the brand split, while WCW has it's own roster.

But here's the kicker, since the Thursday show combines all Universe rosters, I thought "Why not make a brand new "WCW vs WWE" show?"

So I did. Now, every Thursday, WWE and WCW rosters go head to head with a new paint tool logo that simply has the WWE logo vs the WCW logo, and an arena to match with a really cool custom ring that has WCW vs WWE plastered all over it.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey Mike, I know I said I'd get your face morphs but I can't find my SVR 11 disc! i'm looking for it as we speak so I'll try and get it for you later
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 pm

No hurry. Not too terribly rushed to do Mike Rocket, anyways. To be honest, I plan to use the character a lot less from now on, if that much at all.

I'll eventually make him, but i'm still trying to put the character on the back burner. So again, I appreciate it but there's no immediate rush.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 am

Well, if you aren't going to rush to make him, then I'll do a version, because he will prove to be important in my Universe mode when I finally get it up and running.

My plan is to finish the stuff I'm doing now on the look of the CAWs, each with two costumes for now. Done Reaper, Myron, Luke, Fireball, and Homer so far. Still need to do Reggie, Joxide, Awesome, and now Rocket. Might do my own versions of Chio and Rob as well.

After I've done the look for all of them, I'll sort entrances, videos, and movesets for all. Then I need to make an IPW:UK ring for my second string show (saw their ring last night, so I know what it looks like - just need to do the logos.

Then I can finally actually start Universe mode!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 am

Had a quick play on it last night. I was Randy Orton and lost to David Otunga. Ha! and made a Joxide CAW. The controls are a bit difficult to get my head around but it's like that for every new WWE game for the first few matches I guess. Haven't messed about with RTWM, C-A-anything (except Superstar) yet but going to give it a crack tonight. Hopefully I'll find my WWE'11 disc so I can copy out the CAW formulas too.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:30 am

Wow, you can lose in WWE12?!? It's normally easy to win in WWE games, even if you don't know the controls.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 am

Yes, but to be fair, WWE 12 is noticeably more difficult. I've gotten my ass completely kicked by a few opponents too.

As it should be. I'm glad that the game isn't a total cakewalk anymore. I mean, I still win the majority of the time, but I like that the AI can surprise me and really pound on me if i'm not careful, or if I give them too much leeway.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 am

I like the sound of that. I think the thing that cut my WWE game experiences short in the past was how easy the games were. Even on the harder difficulty levels, the SvR games were relatively easy. Having a WWE game that challenges me will be a nice change.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 am

Oh by the way... I HAVE finished creating someone.

You have never heard of him before... no one has. But soon, they will.

....When my newest, main character, James Maverick makes his debut.

Basically... remember that guy that Mike Rocket agreed to train? That's him. More details soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 am

Go on then, show us some pictures of him :p
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 am

Yes, the AI on this game is a lot more aggressive, and will really go after and stay on you. There's a lot less of the computer just aimlessly standing there. They will also break up moves during multi-man matches, and make use of weapons. If your timing is good, you can still win the matches, but its a bit more back and forth now.

Once I have the models done for my CAWs, I'll post "preview" pictures before I sort out the moves and entrances. Actually very happy with the CAWs so far this year. Everyone's getting a "classic" look, and a "new" look.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 am

The gameplay sounds good to me. Sounds more like a good wrestling match, and less like a squash match.

Looking forward to seeing your CAWs Dave. You always do a great job with the attires and such.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 am

I do a Classic and Now look for my CAW's too.

I like that CAW mode is exactly the same as last year. That's handy for creating the other characters!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Mike Rocket

Eyebrows: 5/15

Head: 18, -5, 1
Cranium: 8, 12, -3, 0
Eyebrows: -100, -60, 0, 46
Eyes: 17, -33, 20, -43, 0, 0, 0
Nose: -11, 55, -25, 0, 0, 0, 0, -26
Cheeks: 0, -33, -14, -72
Mouth: -4, -38, -54, -9, 0, 0, -11
Jaw: 39, -1, -64, -61, 0, -46
Ears: 0, 0, 0, 0

Finally did it! Found WWE'11 too!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

ok, thanks. I'll put that in in a bit.

I'm going to see a movie today, but I'll create that after I get home. And then probably upload a work in progress version without paint tools after that.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:59 pm

By the way, (I'm putting it in now... ) but I also believe that the skin tone/texture is also 7 (It resembles what I remember and you left that category out) and the age being 32.

Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

oops sorry mate. well if you look a few pages back to last years topics there's a video Mister Wheato uploaded of Rocket's particulars. he even makes these weird noises at various points during the video. i think he's got everything you need.

really really should have bought a 360......
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:48 pm

No problem. I've already managed to make it perfect, and upload it already.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:48 am

smashing!

I made the Joxide logo on paint tool. Can you take a pic of the CXA logo for me? Depending on how detailed it is I might have a go at making it
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

Just noticed on create a moveset, the Big Wiggle made the taunts list in case anyone wants to make a Norman Smiley CAW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

Actually, I can't take pictures of anything really.

Long story short, I no longer have the camera that I once had. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:26 am

Come on Dave, take some pics for us PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Ok no worries Mike.

DAVE!! ;-)

Is anyone else getting a glitch where it plays CAW entrance music during a match? I've played about 5 matches so far and it's happened twice... that's not a good ratio!

Having a little play with Universe now. I'll probably play till WM then do RTWM & create the rest of my CAW's
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:38 pm

julius seizure wrote:
Ok no worries Mike.

DAVE!! ;-)

Is anyone else getting a glitch where it plays CAW entrance music during a match? I've played about 5 matches so far and it's happened twice... that's not a good ratio!

Having a little play with Universe now. I'll probably play till WM then do RTWM & create the rest of my CAW's

That issue was something that was last year on PS3 from what I hear. Seems like it's in again this year.

We don't have that issue on 360. We get an entirely different problem. All custom music is ridiculously, way too loud unless you specifically alter the song so it's quieter before burning.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Pictures will come at the weekend. I started work on my Joxide CAW last night and did the Underground logo, but I need to sort out the costume.

I'll put pictures up when I've got the looks sorted. I want to at least do versions of Awesome, Rob, and Chio.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 am

The PS3 version has that issue as well, Mike. Hahaha. The entrance music glitch has happened in every match since I created the entrance for Joxide so I guess I just have to get used to it. Pretty shoddy programming though, for a product I paid £40 for I am less than impressed. Just sayin'.

The rest of the game is good though, but bugs like this should be sorted out before launch. Hopefully it's something they can fix with a patch or something.

Nice! I'll take a pic of my Joxide CAW if you want for the "Classic" attire. I don't have a specific "New" attire for him I'll probably make it up as I go.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:07 am

Just a note about RTWM: I like its new design. I just finished the 7 on 7 Bragging Rights match and I quite enjoyed playing it, I feel it immerses you more deeply in the matches. I'm looking forward to see how the story plays out
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 am

I made some quick move sets this afternoon and started to set up Universe mode. Its annoying that the game requires you to have 15 guys on a roster for each show, but then doesn't count your CAWs toward that 15! So you're forced to have WWE guys on your roster. Ruins the idea of having a CAW show on one day and a WWE show on another.

Plus the booking still seems screwed up. I put Chio Reto on CXA but he was booked in the first match on Nitro. The second match featured Santino, who is my CXA European champion.

Wish issues like that were addressed in the play testing.

Oh, and the servers are still shite.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

I reckon I'll complete the last chapter of story mode and unlock everything, then all the titles and then try and create a brand, Dave any chance you can get a picture on here so I got something to work with? Or take a pic on your phone & text it to me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Sorry, a picture of what?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:58 am

Ooops sorry, forgot to say: Mike's CXA logo
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 am

Errr, its the one on the site here, at the top of the page. Just copy that. ;0)
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 am

Oh right! That's handy then, I'll have a crack at it tonight. Is it 128 x 128 or 256 x 256?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 am

Mike's version is 256. Think you could do it in 128, but 256 gives you a bit more room to work with.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 am

Yeah. TBH I haven't fully utilized the Paint Tool so I'll look into doing it tonight. I'm expecting to spend a while on it TBH Very Happy I might even have a crack at a CWA & TXI! logo too

Just a question, if you have the European Championship on the CXA brand, in the champion entrance does it say "CXA European Champion" or still "WWE European Champion"?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:49 am

I'm not sure I've noticed to be honest. I think its all supposed to be set within the WWE Universe, so it will say WWE European. In fact, I'm sure its announce as just "The European Champion".

The WCW belt is announced as the WCW Championship, and the WWE belt as the WWE Championship. I think the undisputed title is announced as the WWE title.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:04 pm

julius seizure wrote:
I might even have a crack at a CWA & TXI! logo too?

Funny thing, I was just about to make some classic CWA and TXA (not TXI since I am not as familiar with it) logos and arenas later today. Razz
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 am

Nice. I probably will too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:26 am

Downloaded your CXA and CWA rings today. Good stuff. I've done an IPW:UK one today.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 am

What's the colour scheme for the CWA arena? I'll do my own for CXA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I've done with Universe so far.   What I've done with Universe so far. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I've done with Universe so far.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next