CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hell in a Cell *spoilers*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 am

So, what did people think?

I thought it was an OK PPV but really not much more than that.

Christian and Sheamus had a fairly decent match, and Sheamus skinning the cat in the corner is always impressive for a guy his size. However, something seemed off with the timing in the middle part of the match, and I wonder if Sheamus did in fact take a knock to the head, as he seemed on a couple of occasions as though he wasn't quite with it.

I enjoyed the Sin Cara .v. Sin Cara match, and its just cemented for me why the WWE don't need Mysterio anymore. We have two masked Mexican bump-monkeys already, both of whom can fly better than he can. Not sure where this feud goes now or what the dark Sin Cara does, but I wouldn't mind a few more masked luchadores about the place, as long as none of them are Rey.

Then the tag team titles. Clearly the WWE wardrobe department found one of Kurt Angle's old singlets in the back (complete with the A logo) and handed it to Swags just before he came out. But these four work well in matches together, and I really like Kofi and Bourne as a tag team. I like teams that work tag team moves and fast switches, and they are doing that well. Nothing at all wrong with that match.

Cody Rhodes bringing out the old IC champiosnhip belt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else on the show. I LOVE that belt. So glad Morrison didn't win. Cody really needs to go on to do that to the other belts now. Convince Dolph to being back the WCW version of the US title, smash the tag belts in favour of the original ones, and then finally convince Alberto to trade the WWE title for the winged eagle. Cody beautifying the titles is a great angle.

I enjoyed his little match with Morrison as well.

Mark Henry .v. Orton was an OK match, but you really need to ask why it needed to be in a cell when they did very little that involved the cell in a way that couldn't be done with barriers. I've said before that when you show old cell matches and people are bleeding and taking big bumps off the thing, it makes the current matches look weak if you don't do any of that stuff. I was surprised and pleased to see Mark get a 2nd clean win over Orton out of nowhere.

Beth won. ....yeah, so anyway.

The main event. This was closer to what I'd expect from a cell match in that at least they used the cell more and there was a bit more violence (even some blood). CM Punk was called upon to do the bulk of the work here in terms of bumping, and while I liked the end of the match for its innovation, I'm not sure I like the way the end of the match very clearly positions Alberto against Cena and Punk possibly in the weeds.

The post-match stuff was excellent. I wondered how they were going to have Miz and Truth escape without a beating, and the surrendering to the cops stuff had nice rings of Austin playing McMahon the same way. HHH losing control of the company bit by bit is perfect if they plan to bring Foley back in as commissioner.

So, nothing outstanding, but little that was terrible either.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:15 pm

So, no-one else watched the PPV then?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Not me but then I don't usually!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 pm

I think many people didn't... because we just HAD a PPV, and I think people were tired from that one being so recent.

That being said, I didn't give a rat's ass about HIAC, because it was built up so shoddily, and last minute that they didn't even have time to decently put it together.

So, i'm not really sure how it went aside from what you wrote here, but my expectations weren't high, and it doesn't sound like it delivered anything other than merely passable. Not surprised.

WWE has been wrecking everything that they were doing so well just a few months ago. The success of Money In The Bank appears to have been just a fluke success, judging by the status quo of barely decent shows that seems to have been entirely restored.

Gotta admit, I'm not too terribly bothered to pay attention to the product, again. Just like it was pre-Money In The Bank.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Just reading the results it does seem as if they are in danger of squandering what they have done so well to build up. Although, with the WWE, should we really expect anything more?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Hehe, I can't remember the last PPV I watched
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I do think they have lost momentum in the last couple of months, although that said I do think there have been positives. The build of Mark henry has been excellent, as have Miz and Truth. I also really like the first glimmers that they might be taking the tag team belts seriously again.

However, I wonder if part of the problem is that they are focussing too long term on Mania and the Rock's return in November, and are scrabbling to make all the ducks line up for that, rather than compartmentalising it so that its an ADDITION to the main storyline.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 pm

And that they had something really big in Punk, which now they seem to be doing everything they can to slip him further and further down the company totem pole.

The fact that people are talking about Mark Henry, Miz and Truth more than Punk really says volumes about that.

No disrespect to those three, as they do deserve the mentions they are getting, but Punk deserves them far more, as he really should be the modern day Steve Austin right now, and he's not being seen or taken seriously that way.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 am

I agree they didn't really capitalise on Punk the way they should and

(RAW SPOILER BELOW)

Not having Punk out in the ring during the vote of no-confidence in HHH, when Punk kicked off the whole questioning of his leadership, seems a bit daft. Plus, he was on the face team last night alongside Cena. Is Punk suddenly a face again now? Seems like the typical WWE attitude of "No, we don't care what you say you like, we're going to force you to like X and Y, because X & Y is what we planned for".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell in a Cell *spoilers*   Hell in a Cell *spoilers* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hell in a Cell *spoilers*
Page 1 of 1