CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.

Go down 
+2
Mjolnir
NightStarX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 am

I have an idea, if David and some of the other guys here would like to do this.

But since there's a few of us here, would you guys be fine with getting random number generated Rumble numbers?

The idea being that, you answer this thread and say "Yeah, I'd like to be a part of this" and then, I'll random generate a number for everyone from 1-30.

Then when the Royal Rumble comes up, you watch and see the representative of your number either dash your hopes or take you to victory.

Who is up for this?
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 am

I'm up for this, but rather than one number each, lets have a few to make it more interesting, and then score it like my old Rumble sweepstakes.

Basically, if we include the following people who post there fairly regularly:

Mike, Me, Wheato, Myron, Jordan, Chio, Rob.

That's 7 of us. We each get 4 numbers randomly assigned. That's 28 numbers, and two "jokers" who will score for no-one.

Because the brand split is basically at an end now and RAW is a supershow, we will just do the scoring as follows:

1 point for each person they eliminate

2 bonus points for eliminating a current champion

2 bonus points for eliminating a surprise returning superstar

1 bonus point if your guy is the only guy left in the ring at any point - AFTER 10 ENTRANTS HAVE ENTERED

2 bonus points for placing fourth

3 bonus points for placing third

4 bonus points for runner up

6 bonus points for winning the Rumble

Minus 4 points for eliminating another one of your picks

Minus 8 if one of the picks eliminates another of your picks to win the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 am

I'm keen!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Count me as a maybe. I may be washing my hair that evening... Actually, I don't wash my hair ever so count me in!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 am

I'm in Smile
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 am

Right, I shall pick the numbers tonight in the presence of an independent witness, and tell you tomorrow what you all have. Even if Chris and Rob haven't been on, I'm counting them in.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am

Changed my mind and picked the numbers now. Here are the results:

Mike: 8, 16, 18, 28

Myron: 2, 7, 13, 25

Me: 14, 21, 23, 24

Wheato: 6, 10, 15, 19

Jordan: 5, 11, 20, 22

Rob: 3, 4, 12, 17

Chris: 1, 26, 27, 29

No-one gets 9, and no-one gets the prized number 30.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 am

Let's say that 9 and 30 are for Disregarded Muffin.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Looks like im a little too late for the game.

Dang i won it last year though if i remember right.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, I'll tell you what Steve, you can have 9 and 30, and I shall now pick two random numbers for you from the other 28 which will also count toward your score....

5 .............. 19

So there you go. Steve has 5,9,19,30
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 am

Laughing

sweet. ive always loved the idea of the royal rumble. im excited......i think if orton is back from his injury in time for the rumble then he's gonna win it in his home town.....if not then i got ziggler.

what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

I kind of think Jericho is going to win it, and then next week on Raw, breaks his silence to explain what his goal is and where he's been going with this whole thing.

I also see RVD and Road Dogg returning, eliminating about 6 people each, or something.

Also, if Brock Lesnar returns at the rumble, I think he'll be booked to win, and not Jericho as I theorized above.

A lot of talk is also being said about Santino. I think Santino will make it all the way to the end and then get eliminated and humiliated in epic, and typical Santino fashion for a gag.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:03 am

Santino did that last year.

I can't see Brock returning at the Rumble.

I can see both RVD and Road Dogg returning though.

And I see either Sheamus or Barrett winning the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 am

I'd be happy with a Sheamus win. He's been great recently. If Ziggler won it, I wouldn't mind either. He's also been great. I'm not a fan of Barrett, so don't want him to win.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:29 am

I honestly think Ziggles is going to become WWE champion against Punk.

I do really want Barrett to win myself. I think the guy cuts a good promo, and I like his rough style, especially when he is in there with a guy who can brawl with him, like Sheamus. I want to see Wade win, because I think he has the best shot of being the first English WWE/World champion.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 am

I think Jericho will win the Rumble then challenge Punk for Mania. And he'll rub the fans noses in it when he does! I wouldn't be against Barrett winning buy just can't see it.

I don't think that Brock will return. RVD will return and eliminate a couple. Road Dogg will but eliminate nobody. Kane will run through a number, just to show you he's the big bad. Maybe something with Kane/Ryder/Cena?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 am

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
I'd be happy with a Sheamus win. He's been great recently. If Ziggler won it, I wouldn't mind either. He's also been great. I'm not a fan of Barrett, so don't want him to win.

My pick (yes, he was my pick!) got the win. I'm happy with that result.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 am

My pick too. TBH they didn't really do much of a job this year in building anyone up as having a real driving reason to win the Rumble. Not like previous years where someone has been chasing a title shot, or having to fight being an underdog or against a corrupt boss.

The only ones with motivation to win seemed to be Barrett and Sheamus. Jericho at a push to reveal what the feck the videos were about.

No wonder the event was a bit flat.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm not unhappy that Seamus won, it's nice to see a newer guy get the rub. I am less than impressed with the entrants, though. Michael Cole isn't even a comedy vote...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.   Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for a CXAuniverse member WWE Royal Rumble contest... a little different.
Page 1 of 1